Don't Walk Away is a beautiful song

analogue

Proud Member
Today I had my iPod on shuffle and that song came on. I think Don't Walk Away is a really beautiful song with a really beautiful melody, and it's a shame that it gets overlooked so much. It's a great song to chill out to.

Indeed. I love that song. Though I understand people's criticism about the song being a tad bland. It's a pretty straightforward song, maybe if he threw in some more vocal runs, falsetto and other stuff it would have made the song more interesting.but hey I'm not complaining

I like that it's straight forward. Adding more to it would have ruined the song IMO.

"Don't Walk Away" is absolutely excellent. Easily my favorite track on Invincible and, in my honest opinion, the best 'break up' ballad Michael's ever done. So bittersweet and beautiful.

It's a very emotional song.. It's one of the very few songs I skip sometimes simply because I can't bare to put my mind in the shoes of the song!! Very beautifully delivered by Michael.. My heart cries every time I hear it!

I always liked the song, especially the emotions MJ sings it with. Never understood why it's so disliked by most fans.

Never understood why it's so disliked by most fans.

Well for some perspective, I just find the song so dreadfully boring. There were so many better unreleased songs from the Invincible sessions and he picked this over them? Only time I ever play it ('let it play' would a better term) is when I'm playing the whole album from start to finish.

I agree, I like this song more than most on Invincible. It reminds me of the early Jacksons period for some reason. Its just so stripped back and sounds like it could have been lifted off The Jacksons or Goin Places.

One thing I didn't like about it was when the backing vocals came in towards the end of the song. I think the song would have been a lot better if it was just Michael by himself with no backing vocals

One thing I didn't like about it was when the backing vocals came in towards the end of the song. I think the song would have been a lot better if it was just Michael by himself with no backing vocals

Actually, yes I fully agree... I actually feel this way about all his songs with backing vocals done by someone else. Especially Break of Dawn.

I've just found it pretty dull.

That layer of magic in Michael's music is mysteriously missing here, and from the majority of the album it came from.

I agree, I like this song more than most on Invincible. It reminds me of the early Jacksons period for some reason. Its just so stripped back and sounds like it could have been lifted off The Jacksons or Goin Places.

Very true. I thought about this the other day. He even used a similar adlib that he used on on Even Though You're gone

Here at 3:17 and 3:40 and 4:05
[youtube]ZnJByYZH-aY[/youtube]

And here from Don't Walk away at 2:27

[youtube]mdsb6zByWfY[/youtube]

DWA is easily in the top 5 for best track on Invincible. I simply love it. It's vintage 80's Michael to me.

One of the songs I listened to repeatedly during my earlier teens, during breakups lol (still love it - just listen to it less because it's depressing and reminds me of some sad things xD). This and You Are Not Alone hold a special place in my heart :p . Invincible was gold.

Yeah, Don't Walk Away is an "album track" if I've ever heard one.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of a song I would place below it, but I can't. I think I'd even rather listen to Breaking News to be honest.

Careful Matty, you're in danger of slagging off Invincible there ;)

I'm racking my brain trying to think of a song I would place below it, but I can't. I think I'd even rather listen to Breaking News to be honest.

Woah, WWWOOOAAAAHHHH easy, easy easy...... Have you been hacked Matty?! ;D

I'd rather listen to Michael burp the alphabet before I would ever listen to Breaking News (Or any other Cascio track)

I'd rather listen to Michael burp the alphabet before I would ever listen to Breaking News (Or any other Cascio track)

I'd actually rather listen to Martin Bashir and Diane Diamond sing a dubstep dancefloor filler cover I Just Can't Stop Loving You than any of those Cascio noises.

Martin Bashir and Diane Diamond sing a dubstep dancefloor filler cover I Just Can't Stop Loving You

side-eye-prince-2.gif

I still listen to BN sometimes for sheer shits and giggles. You have to appreciate the comic value of it otherwise you might cry.

I remember finding it hilarious too the way the lyrics go "Dee dee daa daa doo doo daa daa dee MICHAEL JACKSON" and ended with Michael Jackson each time in a way that he himself never pronounced his name HAHAHAHAHA christ....

(Dont remember the lyrics. Obviously)

I remember finding it hilarious too the way the lyrics go "Dee dee daa daa doo doo daa daa dee MICHAEL JACKSON" and ended with Michael Jackson each time in a way that he himself never pronounced his name HAHAHAHAHA christ....

(Dont remember the lyrics. Obviously)
before the controversy even started, that turned me off to the song immediately. :(

I think I'd even rather listen to Breaking News to be honest.

To be honest... yeah I actually would too. Sure the vocals are fake and it's not even that good of a song itself, but at least it's catchy and the instrumental makes you want to groove, not sleep.

Back