Elizabeth Taylor on Larry King Jan. 16 2001

Hey guys,
I asked in the 2000 Watts forum if anyone had a video of this particular appearance of Elizabeth on Larry King, because I can't find it anywhere and I would really love to have it. Anyway, here's a transcript of what she said. It was really wonderful. She must have some of the greatest insight in to who Michael is as a person out of anyone, and I swear she must be the best friend he ever had. Just a beautiful woman. You can talk about it in this thread, and if anyone has a video of it and would be willing to upload it, that would be great too. But I thought it would be a good thing to just post and talk about too.

Elizabeth Taylor Talks About Michael (January 16, 2001) On January 16, 2001, special guest and living legend Dame Elizabeth Taylor joined Larry King for an exclusive interview. Dame Elizabeth talked about her extraordinary life and career. Larry asked her about her friendship with Michael Jackson.
LARRY KING: The friendship with Michael Jackson.

DAME ELIZABETH: Yes?

LARRY KING: What? And how did that begin? Well I mean, you seem on different planes

DAME ELIZABETH: No! Why do you say that?

LARRY KING: You just seem on different planes. He's a very shy...

DAME ELIZABETH: No. We were both child stars.

LARRY KING: OK.

DAME ELIZABETH: We had no childhood, either one of us. We were brought up by tutors. We had no children of our own age to play with or relate to. We were performing the whole time. He was on the stage; I was on the...

LARRY KING: The screen.

DAME ELIZABETH: ... the soundstage. We would go home. I, in my case, I would learn my lines, learn my homework, get up early in the morning. I would go out to the polo field, where they had 40 jumps set up, and to get some of my steam off as a little girl I would take 40 jumps before I would go into work.

LARRY KING: And he had the same kind of life, in a sense. He had to get up and take the bus to wherever they went to the next concert or...

DAME ELIZABETH: Yes and get his steam off dancing.

LARRY KING: But we don't -- we know you. Look at you. We don't know Michael, do we?

DAME ELIZABETH: No.

LARRY KING: What don't we know about him we should know?

DAME ELIZABETH: He's so tender. He is so compassionate. He hurts, literally pains for other people's suffering. If there is -- like -- the starvation of children in this country, in India, in Africa...

LARRY KING: He feels it. It's not just a...

DAME ELIZABETH: He reaches out. I've been to the Orient with him. And he says: "Roll down the window! Roll down the window!" He reaches his hands out and just touches a baby's face. Oh, you beautiful thing, and he just wants to give that baby everything, his life. He'd give him all his money if he could, and the car keeps on moving. And he'll turn back: Oh, look at that baby.

LARRY KING: We'll get a break and come right back with Dame Elizabeth, Elizabeth...

DAME ELIZABETH: What -- what a life!

I love Elizabith ,she is a real friend ,areal Dame she is an angel .

Yeah, she knows Michael so well, she knows Michael isn't acting. Many people think he is acting because it's so unusual. It's just weird how you shouldn't be different in today's world. Even if it's positive. There are so much positive things in him, no one cares about any negative things when with him. Because they are so minor in human life. It's all about the nature and the heart. Michael hasn't lost them but just developed them through his life.

Totally true. Michael is special, he's such a good person, and that goodness is so totally genuine and really defines who he is. And Elizabeth Taylor knows that. I was watching her at the Jackson Family Honors last night, and after Michael introduced her, she came out and started to accept her award and the audience started chanting "we want Michael", blah, blah. They wanted him to perform. And Elizabeth, man, she doesn't hold her tong for anyone. She just said flat out, "he doesn't have any music prepared". And Michael had this look on his face at first like he wanted to just cry over the fact, that he was letting the people there down, he was totally uncomfortable. But Elizabeth won't let anyone walk over Michael, and that means so much, especially when so many people in Michael's life have bent to the will of what others expect them to say about him, she never has, and she never will, because she really loves him and she knows him.

awwww :wub: Liz is a true lady :happy: that's why she's my fave female actress. Michael is so lucky for having a friend like Elizabeth by his side :yes:

I wish Liz was Michael's age cause I bet they would of been married for as long as they have been friends. They are true soul mates. :wub:

Age was the only factor that ever stoped them getting intimate cause her age made her a mother figure to Michael.

Totally true. Michael is special, he's such a good person, and that goodness is so totally genuine and really defines who he is. And Elizabeth Taylor knows that. I was watching her at the Jackson Family Honors last night, and after Michael introduced her, she came out and started to accept her award and the audience started chanting "we want Michael", blah, blah. They wanted him to perform. And Elizabeth, man, she doesn't hold her tong for anyone. She just said flat out, "he doesn't have any music prepared". And Michael had this look on his face at first like he wanted to just cry over the fact, that he was letting the people there down, he was totally uncomfortable. But Elizabeth won't let anyone walk over Michael, and that means so much, especially when so many people in Michael's life have bent to the will of what others expect them to say about him, she never has, and she never will, because she really loves him and she knows him.

I really hated it when the crowd started booing when Elizabeth said that Michael doesn't have any music prepared. Michael's not everyone's performing monkey

Back