Enrico Rava: Band in the mirror: Jazz musicans and the King of Pop

i'm very appreciative of the notice MJ gets, but what's with the schizophrenia of the world not being in touch with itself? Ninety percent of the articles i read say that MJ has strong music, then they say his songwriting skills faded towards Invincible, then the world falls over itself, buying tickets for TII. And how can a gaggle of media writers who sing the praises of dubstep know anything about songwriting? And if some of those critics claim to know about jazz, then they need to know, my Mom considers most straight jazz to run on without direction, so songwriting can be very subjective to many people..soo the only true objective critic of songwriting can be music sales..and you know what those sales say about Michael's songwriting. And one album can't hold that for all these many years..even if it's the greatest selling of all time, so that means, all his other albums contributed.

Last edited:

8701girl

Proud Member
i'm very appreciative of the notice MJ gets, but what's with the schizophrenia of the world not being in touch with itself? Ninety percent of the articles i read say that MJ has strong music, then they say his songwriting skills faded towards Invincible, then the world falls over itself, buying tickets for TII. And how can a gaggle of media writers who sing the praises of dubstep know anything about songwriting? And if some of those critics claim to know about jazz, then they need to know, my Mom considers most straight jazz to run on without direction, so songwriting can be very subjective to many people..soo the only true objective critic of songwriting can be music sales..and you know what those sales say about Michael's songwriting. And one album can't hold that for all these many years..even if it's the greatest selling of all time, so that means, all his other albums contributed.

Most of the world just didnt wanna acknowledge michael's greatness cuz they are afraid of what ppl would think of them. So they did the typical thing bring someone up only to make them fall then backtrack that, its pityful the way they used him

R1chard

Proud Member
I'm always extremely skeptical of anything recorded after 2008. Too many bandwagon-jumpers suddenly gushing about how they've always loved MJ. Makes me sick when the first thing you hear from them is that they've recorded one if his songs.

So is Rava any good? Or any of these others?

R1chard

Proud Member
What makes it great though?

I can't get into Jazz music. Is the album for MJ fans who want to try jazz or jazz fans who want to try MJ?

Top Bottom