Fan for 18 years, new to MJJCommunity

pinklollypop

Proud Member
Hello everyone. My name is Leeanna. And *HUGS* to you all during this sad and difficult time.
I had originally began to post on Michael’s board on Internet Movie Database, but the cruelty became too much. Plus his IMDb board is not considered a fan board....so it’s trolls galore over there, sadly. : ( I’m so happy to have found MJJCommunity, and to have a place to talk to other fans who love and appreciate him.

I am 22 years old and have been an MJ fan for 18 years. I was four years old when I seen him for the first time. I was amazed by his dancing and music...I was simply in awe! “Dangerous” was the first cassette my parents ever bought me, and I still have it to this day. While I no longer play the cassette, I keep it for all of the great memories. I can clearly remember, my parents allowing me to stay up to watch the World premiere of “Black or White” on the FOX channel.

Michael was also my first crush. My heart skipped a beat the first time I seen him. : ) I carried a picture of him in my locket (I made my mom put a picture of him in it for me.), planned our wedding (LOL! I have a feeling I'm not the only young girl who did this.), and danced away in my room to his music (which I’m still guilty of doing today.....what MJ fan isn’t? Hee hee! I still cannot get the moonwalk down. Ha ha!) But as I got older, Michael became a different meaning to me, he was more than just a heartthrob. Michael and his music got me through a lot of pain in life....especially my High School years. It’s extraordinary how music can get a person through the worst of times, and I’m so happy that it was Michael’s music that got me through mine.

My heart hurts that Michael is gone, and I know it’s the same way for all of you here. But I hope we fans can stick together, and keep Michael’s music and legacy alive. He deserves it soooo much.

I know this is a cliche, but it’s the absolute truth when it comes to Michael: He was beautiful inside and out. Not only will I miss his amazing voice and his out-of-this-World dancing, but I’ll miss that smile of his. : ) His smile just makes your heart melt, doesn’t it?

Thanks for all of the music, dancing, and memories Michael! And thanks to you true fans who stuck by his side through thick and thin. I hope you’ll welcome me to into your wonderful community, I only wish I had been here when Michael was still with us, and I’m sorry I wasn’t. But I look forward to talking to all of you about Michael, our memories, and our love for him.

With Love,
Leeanna

Welcome! Over the yrs I've found the best places to discuss MJ are the fan-boards. In general on sites, regardless of the site or topic, there are too many trolls, but only @ the fan-boards do I get to read people's insightful comments into MJ's entire canon, not just the hits, as well as hard-to-find news. Sometimes I don't agree w/ everything I read, but I always enjoy reading and sometimes responding to the diverse opinions.

I will take this opportunity to give TONS of credits to the moderators and MJJ Community staff for doing an OUTSTANDING job w/ keeping this site clean of trolls. I imagine in this time of intense, non-stop media coverage, the site must be like a bug-zapper attracting blood-sucking mosquitoes and other low forms of insects -- so THANK YOU MJJC staff for exterminating the unwanted parasites and keeping the site a pleasant refuge for MJ fans!

Welcome to the family Leeanna! :)

My name is Shayla, im 22 also and have a story quite similar to yours.
nice to meet you *hugs*
I hope you enjoy your stay here! :)

Hi Leeanna,
I'm new here too. It's lovely to be somewhere where you don't need to constantly defend yourself. God bless x

Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself! :dance: have to add ''here'' :p

Hope you enjoy your time here, you came to the right MJ fanboard:D

Back