Finally got it! - The Hits Talk -

Pentum

Dark Lady H2O
Finally managed to get a copy of "The Hits", still sealed.

I had been searching for it since the release (13th July?) as it was only released in the UK. It was after a very short time taken off the shelves. I don't really know the reason.

eve7vo.jpg

12692ip.jpg

Just wanted to show you..

Anyone else own it? I would love even more information on it. There is almost none information that exist on the internet about it.

:)

Last edited:
Re: Finally got it!

Several countries were said to have a re-issue of that set. This was the UK re-issue with the picture in full color and the re-titled name "The Hits", but there's also a German limited re-issue, also extremely rare, it's a metal box and was also canceled at the last minute.

These releases were canceled due to MJ's sudden and tragic death.

It does look really awesome

I've never seen this one before either ;)

It does appear to have the same track list as the Essential CD

R-2179943-1268337425.jpeg

R-2179943-1268337453.jpeg

Several countries were said to have a re-issue of that set. This was the UK re-issue with the picture in full color and the re-titled name "The Hits", but there's also a German limited re-issue, also extremely rare, it's a metal box and was also canceled at the last minute.

These releases were canceled due to MJ's sudden and tragic death.
Looks like I'll be scouting for a German one as well ;) I've never seen it or read about it. Tin box style would be the same as The Essential tin box.

Do you know when The Hits was released in UK? According to this site, the release was Monday 13Th of July: http://991.com/Buy/ProductInformation.aspx?StockNumber=473607

Also, do you know why some pictures of The Hits has red background colour like the one in the link when the orginal is blue?

It does look really awesome

I've never seen this one before either ;)

It does appear to have the same track list as the Essential CD

R-2179943-1268337425.jpeg

R-2179943-1268337453.jpeg
Yeah, 100% same.

I can't see these pictures. Can you try another image hosting service?

Sure Korgnex, they worked for a little bit, not sure why they don't work now..here you go:)

I think Tsukiji is just showing pics of The Essential, I can't see them either. EDIT: TOO LATE

Red background:

Michael-Jackson-The-Hits-473607.jpg

Blue background:
!Bvn3EWgBWk~$(KGrHqF,!hsEv1+0Ew7oBMFTuqV9Yw~~_12.JPG

I think the blue background is the approved new artwork, and the red background was just a graphic for demonstration purposes. I've never seen an actual copy with the red background.

@Tsujiki: This is an Asian release of "The Essential Michael Jackson". I'm not an expert on Asian languages, it's probably from one of these countries:
China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea

Maybe some collector knows more. However this was produced in masses, it's not rare in the country it comes from.

Okay, thanks for the information.

Great work Pentum, I too have gotten a copy in recent days.... In fact I got an extra copy for you as I knew you have been looking for it as long as I have haha

Nevermind, I'm more than happy to have an extra copy in the collection :D

That's great to hear, MJJDC! If I would failed to get the one I got, I would've found out that you had an extra and asked for it! :evil:

I really like this CD, since there aren't much information on it. I would love to know how many were sold.

Did it actually go on sale for a limited period prior to being withdrawn? I always thought that it was pulled before it even hit the shelves? I'm thinking a quick email to Sony might be the only way to find out more information??

^ Usually deleted releases like this only find their way to a few distributors with good connections that often receive a batch of a new product on verge of the official release. I think some hundred copies exist for sure, mostly to be found at distributors that had the item as pre-order.

Did it actually go on sale for a limited period prior to being withdrawn? I always thought that it was pulled before it even hit the shelves? I'm thinking a quick email to Sony might be the only way to find out more information??
It would be nice if you sent an email, better than nothing. I was thinking about it, but go ahead!

I got mine for free. A local music store was withdrawing them from the shelves shortly after Michael passed, and I know someone that works there and he managed to grab one for me. It's a crap compilation and EXACTLY the same as Essential, but it's the sentiment (and profit) I'm interested in.

Does anybody know if the artwork inside the CD case is the same as ''The Essential'' CD's?

Haha!
The reason I ask is because the side of the CD case says ''The Essential'' rather than ''The Hits'' & I was wondering if it's just the same CD in a different cardboard sleeve.

It's so annoying how there's pretty much no information about these CD's!

Haha!
The reason I ask is because the side of the CD case says ''The Essential'' rather than ''The Hits'' & I was wondering if it's just the same CD in a different cardboard sleeve.

You mean on the side of the "The Hits" package?

You mean on the side of the "The Hits" package?

Yeah, I mean when the CD case is inside the cardboard sleeve, the plastic part which you can still see.

That's strange, this is mine. -

IMG_2286.jpg

Mine also seems to be in a different type of plastic wrapping too.

Last edited:

I'm still looking for the Tin Case version. I wonder how many that were sold.

Are there any special tracks on your cd?

if not:

What makes those cd's so special with japanese or other languages written on top of it?

MJJDC can check, he got two copies ;)

Haha, cheeky ;)

I actually have 3 now, but they are all sealed so i've never seen the front cover artwork or the CD itself.

That said I would expect it to be exactly the same as the other "The Essential" albums because thats exactly what it is!

I think I could find the tin version if I looked, but I would imagine that it would cost around £30, perhaps even more?? Would you like me to try and find one for you?

Above all of that, I'm interested to learn why the shrink wrap is different on Jade_13's version....

Above all of that, I'm interested to learn why the shrink wrap is different on Jade_13's version....

I'd like to know too!
It looks like the plastic wrapping on the photograph of the CD someone posted compare it to the original photo with the red background.

I really wish there was more information on these CD's!

Back