Fitness... why?!

GinnyJackson

Proud Member
why is it when we get a group together to work out they are all gung ho for it until the day it arrives then they suddenly have someplace to be and something to do.? They want to lose the weight but they dont want to do anything to help it along.

yeah..I know what ya mean..that happened to me a few years ago....what I ended up doing was going myself....and now that I lost the weight..they are all like...jeez I wish I would of stuck it out to. So I guess what I am trying to say is...if they back out..go yourself..you can do it..:hug:

Well when you first walk into a gym yeah......its boring as hell you just gotta last 15 mins of a hard workout then you really do enjoy it cause blood gets pumped onto your muscles which is a great feeling and you genuinely wanna carry on

Also people who work out look good, Right...and feel better about themselves

Probably because the gym is so so boring :D
I prefer the outdoors, walking or biking.

Exactly...........

Why pay to keep yourself fit when the free alternatives are soo much better????

I love playing Football (the proper stuff and not the American rubbish)...........but the problem is that everyone always seem to have something else going on.............

I guess I'll have to stick to my bike!!!!!!

"Whenever I get that urge to work out, I just lay down real close to the ground and wait 'til it passes."

^^^:hysterical: Friend said that with a cigar in his hand and some beer under his arm.

In all seriousness, I hate nothing more than that sort of get together. If I want to sweat, I don't want to be in a room full of people, I want to have the freedom of looking completely ridiculous when I plug in my MP3player and turn on the 'let's get sh*t done' music, any sort of company is sort of a hindrance in my mental ability to turn into Wonder Woman.

i dont know sorry :( because i got to put weight on :lol:but good luck and hope someone can help you :yes:

Like others have said, I prefer to walk rather than "work out." First of all, I hate to sweat. I really do. Second, I hate to be in a room full of people. Third, I hate the concept of the treadmill--it's a psychological prison: you walk and walk and walk, yet go nowhere. That's not the kind of message I like to receive in life.

I absolutely adore to walk in forests, though. To get lost in them, especially. I like to walk for the art of it--like Nietzsche said, all truly great thoughts are conceived while walking. He was absolutely right--that's when I've had some of my best moments, in the quiet introspection of a morning or evening walk.

You can see how a room, painted with white walls, full of people all wearing similar outfits, and surrounded by grey artificial things would bother me.

It truly is a shame that we're so constricted on campus. There's nowhere to walk, since we're completely closed off, and the only option is to walk around campus, in a circle, feeling absolutely helpless, and surrounded by people you'd rather were not there. That's why, if I really get the urge, I walk at night, when everyone's gone.

I really, really hate exercise. I have to push/force myself to do it. I even have a free gym in my apartment building that I can use but I rarely do. That's how much I hate it. When I do exercise it's at home in front of the TV. There are no annoying people around me and I can dress/look however I want. As for working out or walking outside...I hate outside, lol.

I saw a quote somewhere once that went something like this "why waste so much money driving to the gym (petrol and parking) and then pay to use the equipment?.....if you ran there and back you would get just as much excercise and not have to pay a penny plus you don't have the guilt of your carbon footprint (from driving plus the electrical equipment you use)" - I couldn't agree more :D

^^^
Exactly. How crazy is that ?!
Ppl drive through a traffic-hour for an hour and then sweat on the machine for an hour.
If they walked they could probably get there in 30 minutes.

It's hard to will yourself to make a lifestyle change. I try to take two drop-in dance classes a week for exercise, and I often bailed going only once per week. In January I signed up for two 6-week courses where I pre-paid... and having made that commitment I've ended up going to each class, twice per week! I know I personally need a concrete goal or an explicit commitment to stick with most exercise plans!

Exactly...........

Why pay to keep yourself fit when the free alternatives are soo much better????

I love playing Football (the proper stuff and not the American rubbish)...........but the problem is that everyone always seem to have something else going on.............

I guess I'll have to stick to my bike!!!!!!

**** you! Soccer football is boring shit.

Yer you are completely right, It's not like literally EVERYONE has played FOOTBALL (not soccer, it's football) at some time or another, It's a fact that's it's the most played and popular sport hahaha and i guess you like american football.......the clues in the name only americans play it and they can't even come up with a decent name, You don't play with your foot and it's not a ball ahaha

No need to be hostile. We can disagree without reverting to personal insults.

Yer you are completely right, It's not like literally EVERYONE has played FOOTBALL (not soccer, it's football) at some time or another, It's a fact that's it's the most played and popular sport hahaha and i guess you like american football.......the clues in the name only americans play it and they can't even come up with a decent name, You don't play with your foot and it's not a ball ahaha

No need to make fun of Americans and their sport, either. Like I told Darth, one can disagree, but there's really no need to ridicule another's tastes.

No need to be hostile. We can disagree without reverting to personal insults.

No need to make fun of Americans and their sport, either. Like I told Darth, one can disagree, but there's really no need to ridicule another's tastes.

If someone punches you, what are you gonna do, Nothing ? or punch them back ?

Similiar circumstances dude, I was offended so im gonna offend back ofc i got nothing against americans

Back