Going to MJ concert - too expensive for me, I have doubts...

Magicgirl

Proud Member
Going to MJ concert - too expensive for me, I have doubts if I should go. I still have about 2 and a half thousand euro left. But I live now in Russia with my parents (after divorce in Austria) and I don't get any job, and even if I get one - the jobs here are very low payed - 150-200 euro a month. And as I have noone I plan to have a child on my own, noone help. Then if to consider all this - I have never been to MJ concert. But if I have to go the enourmous expenses are coming - 500-600 euro for a flight to London and back by a cheap air-line, then getting visa to UK, it will cost 300 euro in a travel agency, if I should get it myself it will cost the same - flight to Moscow and back, hotel stay for 2 days, embassy tax which is large, etc., so the tourist agency getting visa is the best solution, then 4 days stay in London, even if I find a room for 70 euro a night, for 4 days it's already - 280 euro, plus taxi costs, food, etc., plus cost of a ticket for the concert at viago at the good place (as I don't want to look at MJ in binocular all the time after travelling so far) which might be about 300 euro, as resellers want that much. So at the end it's an austronomical sum for me - more than 1500-1600 euro. Is it worth that? I wanted so much to go, but I will never be able to earn so much money again and if I go I will have to starve in Russia when I come back. Is a dilemma for me. I guess I shouldn't go. And I can't stop at some fan because to get a tourist visa to London I have to prove to the UK embassy in Moscow with papers that I have booked and payed for a hotel, is their condition.

Going to MJ concert - too expensive for me, I have doubts if I should go. I still have about 2 and a half thousand euro left. But I live now in Russia with my parents (after divorce in Austria) and I don't get any job, and even if I get one - the jobs here are very low payed - 150-200 euro a month. And as I have noone I plan to have a child on my own, noone help. Then if to consider all this - I have never been to MJ concert. But if I have to go the enourmous expenses are coming - 500-600 euro for a flight to London and back by a cheap air-line, then getting visa to UK, it will cost 300 euro in a travel agency, if I should get it myself it will cost the same - flight to Moscow and back, hotel stay for 2 days, embassy tax which is large, etc., so the tourist agency getting visa is the best solution, then 4 days stay in London, even if I find a room for 70 euro a night, for 4 days it's already - 280 euro, plus taxi costs, food, etc., plus cost of a ticket for the concert at viago at the good place (as I don't want to look at MJ in binocular all the time after travelling so far) which might be about 300 euro, as resellers want that much. So at the end it's an austronomical sum for me - more than 1500-1600 euro. Is it worth that? I wanted so much to go, but I will never be able to earn so much money again and if I go I will have to starve in Russia when I come back. Is a dilemma for me. I guess I shouldn't go. And I can't stop at some fan because to get a tourist visa to London I have to prove to the UK embassy in Moscow with papers that I have booked and payed for a hotel, is their condition.

It's so heartbreaking to hear that MJ fans can't attend due to financial difficulties. I pray you get a good job and a visa to the UK in time for the concerts. :angel:

I know how you feel and I am sure there are many others here that are having the same obstacles financially. I haven't been to a Michael Jackson concert either. I was so excited that he's returning to the concert stage, but the reality sank in for me and I know that I can't afford to go to see him in concert in London. It is heartbreaking for me because it's still heartbreaking for me that I wasn't able to see him in New York in 2001. I am happy for everyone who was and will be fortunate enough to go to any of his concerts. I do pray that something does work out for you and I do pray that something works out for myself. I haven't given up any hope and I won't let reality get to me so much because there's still life to live.(sighs) I just keep my head up and move forward. :)

I'm so sorry :( It's times like these that I feel so lucky Michael is playing so close to me. Please don't jeopardise your living conditions for his concert though, just keep praying that he will one day soon play at a concert closer to you :) There is still hope he will :)

if ur a bout to have a child and don't have a job, i think u should put that first and forget about mj. it's just a concert.

Yeah,... for now, don't plan to go. It sounds too expensive and almost sounds like you'd be homeless or something.

Responsibility first, then MJ.

As for me, I am in debt a WHOLE lot... and I just got this bill that I have for $9,000 for 0% interest for 12 months, I should REALLY be paying that off before I go to London.. I just don't know. If I do go it will be in Feb, but I have my doubts. I should really stay and see if he will tour here first. We don't know what Michael has planned after London. I think London is just the beginning.

Although the decision isn't easy, I think your personal well-being should come first. We all dream of seeing Michael on stage, but if that means you can't afford your house, food, ensurances or whatever, it really isn't worth going imo.
As a result of the economic crisis I can't go either, but I comfort myself with the idea that it's very likely a dvd will be made of those shows, and then all of us that didnt have the oppertunity to be there can enjoy the concerts at home!

Yeah responsibility first. I am also staying put, and waiting for MJ to tour somewhere else. And if I had missed my chance, well it's ok, the most important thing is MJ is back in the spotlight, and in the good light :D

Back