Grammy's All-Star Tribute to T-25; MJ Reported to Attend/Not Perform

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Grammy Performers: Beyonce, Foo Fighters...and Michael Jackson?

beyoncesm.jpg

The Recording Academy has announced that Beyonce (pictured), the Foo Fighters, and Carrie Underwood are all slated as headline performers for the 50th anniversary Grammy Awards celebration February 10, 2008. Mary J. Blige and living legend Aretha Franklin will take part in a gospel extravaganza, and the show will also feature Rihanna in a special segment with the reunited Time. These are the officially announced performances, but there are plenty of other rumors floating around about possible additional performers.
The most significant of these rumors is that Michael Jackson will take part in the Grammy celebration and possibly even perform. His 25th anniversary special edition of Thriller is scheduled to hit stores 2 days after the Grammys on February 12, 2008. A Michael Jackson performance would be timely. Los Angeles Times reporter Tom O'Neill is keeping an eye on the story as well.
The 2008 Grammy Awards will take place at L.A.'s Staples Center February 10, 2008 and will be broadcast on CBS television 8-11:30 p.m. ET.

http://top40.about.com/b/2008/01/25/grammy-performers-beyonce-foo-fightersand-michael-jackson.htm

New rumors on the Grammy front suggest that there is a ninety-percent chance of Michael Jackson showing up at the awards ceremony.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...-michael-jackson-rolling-stones-minor-threat/

Last edited:
Re: Grammy Performers: Beyonce, Foo Fighters...and Michael Jackson?

OMG but doesnt it have to be announced some days before ? :eek:

I wouldn't put any stock into MJ performing. Official announcements are on grammy.com. If he were performing, they'd have announced it if only for ratings.

Last edited:

This is just a rumor from DIANE DIMOND, who said she was "90 percent sure" he would be attending as she made yet another desperate attempt to promote her pathetic book... It seems like a good chance he'll be there based on how well everything lines up, but still this specific rumor from the article originated from Diane Dimond and nothing has been said about his attendance from the official site.

Last edited:

well if theres a tribute being performed theres prob a good chance he will be there.the fact that b**** is talking about him is a worry in its self. what they gonna do raid nlvr again like last time

This is just a rumor from DIANE DIMOND, who said she was "90 percent sure" he would be attending as she made yet another desperate attempt to promote her pathetic book... It seems like a good chance he'll be there based on how well everything lines up, but still this specific rumor from the article originated from Diane Dimond and nothing has been said about his attendance from the official site.

The Rolling Stone quote is from Dimond (who doesnt even know how to spell her own last name!:lol:) but all the rest of the reports arent from her/it! I have other links saying MJ is attending that have nothing to do with her.

well if theres a tribute being performed theres prob a good chance he will be there.the fact that b**** is talking about him is a worry in its self. what they gonna do raid nlvr again like last time
That b....ch has been reading fan boards, that is how she is guessing on his appearance. She has no other source but fanboards. She is speculation just like us. You bet she is buying her ticket for the show.

well if he is attending dont u think raymone would have announced it by now ?
unless michael doesnt want his fans there which i doubt it :lol:

Omg Raymone Needs To Issue A Statement Right Away

Thanks for posting.

This is interesting. It is worry-some in a sense because that Demon heifer created the rumor (according to TSCM). Maybe others made up the rumor.

Well, it was not reported on a few articles that Chris Brown is going to be there. In the Grammy promo commercial that is shown on CBS shows Chris Brown saying "scheduled to appear". I am saying this because it is like two weeks until the Grammys come on TV and it is possible that the Grammy.com website might announce MJ being there. I say, let's see.

BTW, even though The Demon had said that MJ "could be there", let's not listen to what she says. She is a complete nobody, she is not an insider. She is just a stalker who is angry that she will never make any money on MJ and can't seem to go away. Let's focus on the speculation of MJ going or not going to the Grammys.

the only time the grammys will get any decent viewing figures is if they can get mj on the show.

if theres gonna be tribute performance the least they can do is create another award for him so he goes lol

Last edited:

Omg Raymone Needs To Issue A Statement Right Away

No, she does not. We need to speculate. BTW, why am I not shocked that crappy Rolling Stone cites The Demon as a source? LOL. Also, like Dangerous Incorperated said, I also read articles that stated the possibility of MJ being at the Grammys.

I also want to know who Lane is. Maybe Lane could be the former Philly anchor that was fired because she supposedly assaulted a NYC female police officer and said a homophobic slur to her. Anyway, let's see.

Do not e-mail Raymone.

what for ? so that we'll know whether michaels attending or not
I think it is best that she doesn't announce it so that the blasted media will not use it to attack him and make everyone miserable, See this website is insiting an attack already.:mello:

Last edited:

Do not e-mail Raymone.

ppl can do what they want.

if hes going im sure it will be anounced in due time.

Last edited:

More rumors. Nothing has officially been said so theres no reason to contact Bain about this. We know its not certainly true. We wont know until we watch.

is the show live or pre recorded

Do not e-mail Raymone.

well ppl do what they like thats how it works. we dont tell anyone what to do. if raymone doesnt wanna reply she wont

@ datsy so how the media would attack him if raymone came out with a statement and said michael will attend ? or he will not ? after all the media attack him all the time so who cares really.... she NEEDS to make a statement so there will be no confusion. if he shows up fans will want to be there. simple as that

im sure they will anounce it if its true roxanne. after all mj gives them ratings so they will hardly wanna keep it quiet

Last edited:

Hi everybody! Thats my first post :)

Threads like that (eg NRJ Thread) only make people raise their expectations until Bain denies it. And then the moaning starts again... Maybe its better not to discuss such topics to prevent too big disappointment.

Lets just wait end see ... (IMO it wont happen)

People can do what they wanna do but I agree with Bee. LOL I advise people not to cuz thats annoying LOL

MJ likes things to be kept under raps, especially "surprise" performances...so cant we leave it at that? If he does he does if he doesnt he doesnt

Dimond is a heifer. However, I heard something about this about a month ago, and it did not come from her. I can't say much more, but according to my source there has been talks at least about an appearance. If he's going to perform, it will probably not have been announced in advance. I'm guessing MJ wants everyone to fall off their chairs when he takes the stage:lol:.

There is no point in emailing Raymone about this. MJ has a pr strategy of his own. If he wants to announce something, he will. If not, we just have to wait for it.

well ppl do what they like thats how it works. we dont tell anyone what to do. if raymone doesnt wanna reply she wont

@ datsy so how the media would attack him if raymone came out with a statement and said michael will attend ? or he will not ? after all the media attack him all the time so who cares really.... she NEEDS to make a statement so there will be no confusion. if he shows up fans will want to be there. simple as that
Well I don't agree that a statement needs to be made. I don't know if a statement s made for all the other invitees. Is that what normally hapens? Tne media needs no excuse to attack MJ and they will use his presents to stir up hate, they always do.

hello nemo. true. best with mj is not to expect anything then its a nice surprise. id be shocked if there were anything close to a performance

However, I heard something about this about a month ago, and it did not come from her. I can't say much more, but according to my source there has been talks at least about an appearance

it was posted by mjnews777 (a fan who works in the industry) on kop board about talks haappening

Last edited:

I have a question... i am new to these forums, and I was wondering who this Diane person is?

dont ask. shes a tabloid reporter who has been obsessed with destroying mj for over 15 years. worked on tabloid shows during 93 and is very close to tom sneddon. very close if u believe the talk :puke: she is literally dangerous when it comes to mj she has a sick obsession with him and his kids.shes one of the reasons as to why in some ppl opinions mj should get out of the USA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back