HIStory 25 and Dangerous 30 release petition

MJJExpert

Proud Member
Re: The Jacksons Legacy

If people want a picture book, The Jacksons Legacy still exists. :D It's not that old, it came out in 2017.
81riBPlJpSL.jpg

MJ's Estate has tons of unreleased pictures and stills from Michael solo era, e.g. unseen photoshoot during Leave Me Alone shootings. I've seen a lot of those pictures on MJJMagazine issues
To me, a booklet with handwritten notes from MJ would be really appreciated.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
MJJExpert;4295833 said:
MJ's Estate has tons of unreleased pictures and stills from Michael solo era, e.g. unseen photoshoot during Leave Me Alone shootings. I've seen a lot of those pictures on MJJMagazine issues
To me, a booklet with handwritten notes from MJ would be really appreciated.

Apparently John McClain wanted to release “In His Own Words,” which would’ve been filled with handwritten notes and unseen pictures, back in 2009, but Branca held him back. I think this would be an amazing release. Evidently there are tons of handwritten notes where MJ critiques his own performances (e.g. Motown 25), which I think would be fascinating to see.

ScreenOrigami

Proud Member
AlwaysThere;4295850 said:
Apparently John McClain wanted to release “In His Own Words,” which would’ve been filled with handwritten notes and unseen pictures, back in 2009, but Branca held him back. I think this would be an amazing release. Evidently there are tons of handwritten notes where MJ critiques his own performances (e.g. Motown 25), which I think would be fascinating to see.

The big question is always where to draw the line when it comes to publishing things that weren’t meant to be public. In my opinion, publishing some of these in a respectful way would be important, akin to the correspondence between Goethe and Schiller, or Vincent van Gogh and his brother Theo. It’s a part of history, and a lot could be learned about the artist and the man.

EDIT: I also think that this is something that the family, especially the children, should decide. Not the Estate.

Last edited:

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
ScreenOrigami;4295851 said:
The big question is always where to draw the line when it comes to publishing things that weren’t meant to be public. In my opinion, publishing some of these in a respectful way would be important, akin to the correspondence between Goethe and Schiller, or Vincent van Gogh and his brother Theo. It’s a part of history, and a lot could be learned about the artist and the man.

EDIT: I also think that this is something that the family, especially the children, should decide. Not the Estate.

That also crossed my mind. Posthumous releases of any kind generate controversy over morality concerns (i.e., would the artist want you to do this? Do they want the world to see this?), and publishing Michael’s personal thoughts might be a step too far. The fan in me would love to see it, but I can see where there would be a level of discomfort.

ScreenOrigami

Proud Member
AlwaysThere;4295859 said:
That also crossed my mind. Posthumous releases of any kind generate controversy over morality concerns (i.e., would the artist want you to do this? Do they want the world to see this?), and publishing Michael’s personal thoughts might be a step too far. The fan in me would love to see it, but I can see where there would be a level of discomfort.

I’m convinced that MJ read everything he could find by his favorite artists, too. Or do you think he hasn’t read Michelangelo’s letters, out of concern for the artist’s privacy? Such documents offer invaluable insights into an artist’s life and work, but have to be handled with greatest care. Then they can become part of the legacy. :)

Galactus123

Proud Member
Wembley was released "unedited" because of the fan campaign wanting it untouched. They didnt want something like bucharests editing. I dont think starting a petition is greedy at all. Estate gives us peanuts.

I'm glad it was released mostly unedited. Also I don't think they could have edited it much. That could be the only video they have of that concert.

MJJExpert

Proud Member
Estate could release handwritten notes about music or other projects, not the private ones.

Fuzball

Proud Member
They don't care about his music, they don't care about his legacy as a musician. Michael Jackson is not a trademark, he was an artist.
Exactly. Ignoring Michaels artistic vision, discarding his %99 finished music but instead releasing brand new from scratch created music around Michaels vocals is criminally disrespectful.

Khaled

Proud Member
I think Estate will do something i don't know what it is .."out of the subject" i like the members avatars nice tribute to my country.

Last edited:

Robbsaber01

Proud Member
I'm glad it was released mostly unedited. Also I don't think they could have edited it much. That could be the only video they have of that concert.

Yeah I'll give them that. Quality issues aside they left it mostly unedited. Audio is a different story though.

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
Michael would of been a great album if they didn't have those fake songs on them. it's ridiculous after 10 years those songs still on there. they need to rerelease Michael and take those songs off it's not that hard. :no:

Hess

Proud Member
Michael sure is a great album!

Hollywood Tonight
I like the way you love me
Best of Joy
Behind The Mask
Another Day
Hod My Hand
Much Too Soon

Actually - ALL good songs!! - imagine if the 3 Cascio songs had been changed with updated versions of Price Of Fame, We've Had Enough and TYLA

Last edited:

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I largely prefer Michael to Xscape, truthfully.

Xscape has the upper hand in terms of musical cohesion and production quality, but Michael (in my opinion) has better songs and more faithful, respectful production. It's not perfect, but you can tell that the producers actively tried to stick relatively close to the road map of the original recordings.

Plus, it sorta disappoints me that half the remixes on Xscape trounce the original demos. There's no reason Timbaland, a man who never worked with Michael, should've been able to construct the only listenable version of "Chicago."

ChrisC

Proud Member

Xscape has the upper hand in terms of musical cohesion and production quality, but Michael (in my opinion) has better songs and more faithful, respectful production. It's not perfect, but you can tell that the producers actively tried to stick relatively close to the road map of the original recordings.

Plus, it sorta disappoints me that half the remixes on Xscape trounce the original demos. There's no reason Timbaland, a man who never worked with Michael, should've been able to construct the only listenable version of "Chicago."

But by default Xscape will always trounce Michael because it doesn't contain 30% fraudulent material with a singer who in my opinion actually can't sing, posing as one of the greatest singers who ever walked the green earth.

And I agree with you about the more faithful reproductions on Michael.

Hess

Proud Member
But by default Xscape will always trounce Michael because it doesn't contain 30% fraudulent material with a singer who in my opinion actually can't sing, posing as one of the greatest singers who ever walked the green earth.

And I agree with you about the more faithful reproductions on Michael.

I still can not understand why The Estate and SONY does not re-release Michael and replace the 3 fake songs with other songs. - or just change it to a 7 song album. - the 7 remaining songs are all great IMO...

dam2040

Proud Member

I've always maintained that funnily enough, Michael sounds more like an MJ album does than Xscape - the production is like you said much more true to MJ.

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
Alright the last few posts convinced me of listening to "Michael" once more perhaps I'll like it better these days.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member
The remixes on Michael are more respectful with the exception of Hollywood Tonight, which is a great example on how to totally ruin the meaning of a song. Big problem I have with Xscape in general is that now when younger people search up MJ they're gonna hear a remix that timbaland made in a week without actually caring about the original song at all. I think that applies less to the Michael remixes as they were actually finished by people who at least knew Michael.

ozemouze

Proud Member
I think most of the songs are quite strong on both albums (I mean the original versions on Xscape), just with different problems in the final realizations.

AlwaysThere;4296139 said:

But, but, but... how can you say that about the album version of Another Day?! I still rather listen to the looped mix of the leaked snippet than the album version which just lacks, well, everything.

BTW do you have any idea why that earlier (?) version wasn't leaked yet, while we got quite a lot of leaks of the other songs intended to be on the album?

Oh and actually I like Chicago better, it’s catchier (but I prefer short, obscure titles anyway). :D

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
The remixes on Michael are more respectful with the exception of Hollywood Tonight, which is a great example on how to totally ruin the meaning of a song. Big problem I have with Xscape in general is that now when younger people search up MJ they're gonna hear a remix that timbaland made in a week without actually caring about the original song at all. I think that applies less to the Michael remixes as they were actually finished by people who at least knew Michael.

Most of the Xscape remxies are garbage to me. DYKWYCA and APWN sounds like pure cacaphony in my ears. I know many members here likes those song and I really gave them a chance but I can't stand them.

The reasons they gave for the remixes was that they were suppose to "contemporize" the songs. Well, okay but whatever they tried to do with those songs was not contemporary back in 2014, and sure ain't contemporary today. Hell Remember The Time sounds more contemporary than those songs and that song was made in the 90's with New Jack Swing!