HIStory 25 and Dangerous 30 release petition

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member
Most of the Xscape remxies are garbage to me. DYKWYCA and APWN sounds like pure cacaphony in my ears. I know many members here likes those song and I really gave them a chance but I can't stand them.

The reasons they gave for the remixes was that they were suppose to "contemporize" the songs. Well, okay but whatever they tried to do with those songs was not contemporary back in 2014, and sure ain't contemporary today. Hell Remember The Time sounds more contemporary than those songs and that song was made in the 90's with New Jack Swing!

Yeah, I don't hate the remixes, but generally just feel meh about the whole thing, disregarding everything mj did for some current trendy producer who just does whatever he wants with it.

Last edited:

ChrisC

Proud Member
But, but, but... how can you say that about the album version of Another Day?! I still rather listen to the looped mix of the leaked snippet than the album version which just lacks, well, everything.

BTW do you have any idea why that earlier (?) version wasn't leaked yet, while we got quite a lot of leaks of the other songs intended to be on the album?

Oh 100%. It's a track steeped in drama and tension in it's original form, and then the version on Michael just stripped all that way. I've probably listened to it about 5 times. Boring.

I still can not understand why The Estate and SONY does not re-release Michael and replace the 3 fake songs with other songs. - or just change it to a 7 song album. - the 7 remaining songs are all great IMO...

If they did I'd finally buy it.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I still can not understand why The Estate and SONY does not re-release Michael and replace the 3 fake songs with other songs. - or just change it to a 7 song album. - the 7 remaining songs are all great IMO...

Sony is still fighting the fan lawsuit against the Cascio tracks. If they were to remove them from the album, that would be ammunition for the prosecution, who would argue that it's an admission of guilt. No chance they'll pull them right now.

djvernon

Proud Member
Sony is still fighting the fan lawsuit against the Cascio tracks. If they were to remove them from the album, that would be ammunition for the prosecution, who would argue that it's an admission of guilt. No chance they'll pull them right now.

Yeah I don't think SONY has any interests in repressing the Michael album without those 3 tracks.
Maybe they can do a repress with the original demo's like they did with Xscape. But I guess they will not do anything with it.

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
Yeah I don't think SONY has any interests in repressing the Michael album without those 3 tracks.
Maybe they can do a repress with the original demo's like they did with Xscape. But I guess they will not do anything with it.

sad. I really hope they will. :no:

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member
I don't think Sony/the estate will want to draw public attention to that album again tbh.

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
So I listened to "Michael" again and I still find it horrible. Hollywood tonight is the star of the album but that is because I heard the demo and it's fabulous.
I really am not a fan of remixing or reworking tracks that aren't finished. Just use the demo's and don't sell the record as a "new" album because it is not new.
Have all the original recordings of this album leaked?

Vocally I also adore "best of joy" but the lyrics are too schmaltzy which became a trademark for MJ since Invincible (imo).

nextbigthing56

Proud Member
The majority of Xscape is pretty awful in my opinion. They completely changed much of the songs. If they had any respect for MJ they should of left them as is and possibly just updated some of the sound.

JichaelMackson

Proud Member
There have been so many great demo's over the years. Many of them I even prefer over the actual album versionns For example she's out of my life, the girl is mine, Hollywood tonight, in the back etc
I take those over the newly produced modern takes the Estate seems to prefer.

I take back earlier comments that there is nothing left to release. There must be hundreds of alternate takes, demo's lying around. Fully finished songs is another matter.

It would be epic to have box sets full of those with actual notes in the booklets with year of recordings and other tidbits and the musicians that were actually there in the studio

Nite Line

Proud Member
I think Michael is a brilliant album with the exception of 3 fake songs and Another Day.

Hold My Hand, Behind The Mask, Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy & Much Too Soon are great songs that I feel if Michael had got the chance to finish and release in his lifetime, they would have been really successful. The potential is there. The Way You Love Me is also a decent song that although I am not the biggest fan of, it is still a sweet little song.

Another Day is awful though. I think it has to be probably the most boring MJ song that I have ever heard. It's one of the very few MJ songs that I skip if it comes on. It's so boring and it feels like a chore listening to it.

ozemouze

Proud Member
Another Day is awful though. I think it has to be probably the most boring MJ song that I have ever heard. It's one of the very few MJ songs that I skip if it comes on. It's so boring and it feels like a chore listening to it.

Do you feel the same about the leaked snippet too though? It's one of my favorites, and I was so disappointed about the Michael version.

Nite Line

Proud Member
Do you feel the same about the leaked snippet too though? It's one of my favorites, and I was so disappointed about the Michael version.

I don't know if it's the same leaked snippet that you are referring to, but I can vaguely remember listening to a leaked version of Another Day a few months before the release of Michael and I quite liked it. But the version on Michael disappointed me too.

Hess

Proud Member
I really think Much Too Soon is amazing - all the way up among songs like Speechless IMO. - Melancholy, sadness - yet still hope. Great vocals, great instrumentation.

Hold My Hand is more like an AKON song featuring MJ - but still great IMO.

Best of Joy - sweet and perfect vocal delivery.

Behind the mask could benefit from a version without the live screams, audience and the women screaming like she's being torturred. - Still nice though.

HT - should not have been changed - lyrics changed and MJ singing She's only 15 was cut out. - otherwise it's actually a great song IMO.

Khaled

Proud Member
I wonder if they don't want to release dangerous 30 or history 25 why they released Bad 25??! Are they upset from the fans or something?

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I really think Much Too Soon is amazing - all the way up among songs like Speechless IMO. - Melancholy, sadness - yet still hope. Great vocals, great instrumentation.

Hold My Hand is more like an AKON song featuring MJ - but still great IMO.

Best of Joy - sweet and perfect vocal delivery.

Behind the mask could benefit from a version without the live screams, audience and the women screaming like she's being torturred. - Still nice though.

HT - should not have been changed - lyrics changed and MJ singing She's only 15 was cut out. - otherwise it's actually a great song IMO.

Don't forget TWYLM. Imo the way you love me shows how you faithfully update a song while staying true to the original. All though it didn't make the cut we also have DYKWYCA 2010 mix.

1. Hollyood Tonight (no unnecessary beatboxing and no removal of the bridge or the fifteen line)
2. The Way You Love Me
3. Hold My hand
4. Another day (original Mix)
5. Best Of Joy
6. Behind The Mask
7. This Is It (orchestral mix)
8. Much Too Soon
9. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (2010 mix)

This is a mighty fine album right here.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member
I wonder if they don't want to release dangerous 30 or history 25 why they released Bad 25??! Are they upset from the fans or something?

B25 didn't sell as much as they wanted it to. Not because it didn't sell well, but because they have unrealistic expectations.

ChrisC

Proud Member
B25 didn't sell as much as they wanted it to. Not because it didn't sell well, but because they have unrealistic expectations.

No one knew it was out because their marketing campaign (in the UK) was a series of bad decisions.

I do believe it would have sold better with the general public with a more effective marketing campaign.

Anna

Free As A Bird
Khaled;4296892 said:
Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad — those are the albums that have the biggest appeal to the widest range of people. The others don't have the same potential.

ScreenOrigami

Proud Member
Anna;4296915 said:
That doesn't mean much now. Not enough people would buy it.

What’s the source to back this up? Has there been a recent market survey?