Hypothetical: What Cover Songs Would You Like to Hear MJ Sing?

Hess

Proud Member
As someone mentioned above I would have love to hear MJ sing more christmas songs.

The J5 Christmas album is great - and an adult MJ christmas album would have been amazing.

king_of_style

Proud Member
As someone mentioned above I would have love to hear MJ sing more christmas songs.

The J5 Christmas album is great - and an adult MJ christmas album would have been amazing.

It might have been cheesy, but I think Michael could've done justice to "All I Want For Christmas Is You". Can you imagine hearing "hee-hee" adlibs on that track? lmao

Also I could see him doing an ambient "Little Susie"/"Someone In The Dark"-esque cover of Nat King Cole's "God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen".

joanna48

Proud Member
I just heard John Mayer's song "In The Blood" for the first time. Listening to the lyrics, all I was thinking was I would love to hear Michael singing this. It gives me chills just imagining him singing this in a video.

Last edited:

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
Send One Your Love, by Stevie Wonder
Faith In Each Other, by Inxs
A Song For You, Donny Hathaway version
Father Figure, by George Michael
Sometimes, by Brand New Heavies (Jay Dee mix)

Probably a lot of others I'm not remembering, but they're some great songs I've listened to lately that I'd love to hear Mike's vocals on

Mikky Dee

Sunset Driver, Midnight Rider
I saw this yesterday. I love the way Michael sings Chaka Khan's "Automatic" and the Bee Gees' "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart".
I would have loved for him to do a full version of these songs. Basically, I think he could sing most songs in a superior fashion, if he put his mind to it.

[video=youtube;xXtu1_Szt1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXtu1_Szt1Y[/video]

Prince Of Pop

Proud Member
Careless Whisper by Wham/George Michael
Lady- Kenny Rogers (written and also sang by Lionel Richie)
Forever- Kenny Loggins
Hello It's Me- Todd Rundgren
Call Out My Name- The Weeknd
You've Lost That Loving Feeling- The Righteous Brothers
The Lady In Red- Chis De Burgh

Last edited:

R1chard

Proud Member
Just to mess people up, I'd love for MJ to sing "Smile" by The Supernaturals.

I think this one would be VERY interesting. I'd like to see what Michael would do with it.
I can hear Michael in Garfunkel's high part of the harmony.
I presume you've heard the J5 cover of Bridge Over Troubled Water?

The only notable covers that I can think of are "Come Together", "Smile", and "Butterflies"
Well, as others have said, there are at least half a dozen different J5 albums that are almost entirely covers.

I just heard John Mayer's song "In The Blood" for the first time. Listening to the lyrics, all I was thinking was I would love to hear Michael singing this. It gives me chills just imagining him singing this in a video.
I'm sure you already know, but Mayer played the guitar solo on a cover of Beat It...

Word Smith Sr

Proud Member
I would have loved to hear him sing this cover of Stevie Wonder's song. With some "Michael Jacksonese" ad-libs thrown in there, of course.

[video=youtube;3V726_HShyY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V726_HShyY[/video]

Or this one:

[video=youtube;89dGC8de0CA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dGC8de0CA[/video]

Last edited:

Cerate

Proud Member
MJ on a duet with Phil Collins or a cover would have been so amazing ! Some balades like Another Day in Paradise wow !

Mikky Dee

Sunset Driver, Midnight Rider
Thank you so much for your ideas, everyone! Let's keep this going!

giphy.gif

king_of_style

Proud Member
I would be amazed to hear an MJ cover of some Ralph Tresvant songs -- Ralph was influenced by MJ but obviously went in his own direction. I think his "You'll Remember Me" and especially "My Aphrodisiac" would be fun dance songs.

[video=youtube;rTLudzgxqbI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTLudzgxqbI[/video]

[video=youtube;rNe3l78H5P8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNe3l78H5P8[/video]

Sophia2023

Proud Member

MJ would have recorded Christmas songs from 1982 to 2004.

mnwlkr

Proud Member
I still think MJ would have sounded awesome doing a cover of the Celine Dion song, 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now'.

Sophia2023

Proud Member
Into the Unknown from Frozen 2 | He could have sung both parts (Elsa and Aurora) himself just like Panic at the Disco!.