I knew this would happen eventually

iboz75

Proud Member
I'm think about taking a Michael-hiatus. This has just become too much for me in the past month and I need a break. Now that all of the news is starting to die down, and I'm become more accepting of the situation, I might as well just get on with my life. Without Michael. these fan sites are great, but being that Michael is dead means there is not much more to discuss. So there for I may not be on here as much if not ever.

When Michael first died I was obsessed with this board. I needed to reach out to people like me for moral support. This was the worst thing to ever happen in my life, and at first, I didn't think I would make it through. But now comes another chapter in my life that I need to carry on. Without my Michael.

I will love him forever, his legacy will never be forgotten.:angel:

I'm think about taking a Michael-hiatus. This has just become too much for me in the past month and I need a break. Now that all of the news is starting to die down, and I'm become more accepting of the situation, I might as well just get on with my life. Without Michael. these fan sites are great, but being that Michael is dead means there is not much more to discuss. So there for I may not be on here as much if not ever.

When Michael first died I was obsessed with this board. I needed to reach out to people like me for moral support. This was the worst thing to ever happen in my life, and at first, I didn't think I would make it through. But now comes another chapter in my life that I need to carry on. Without my Michael.

I will love him forever, his legacy will never be forgotten.:angel:

I feel you, I thought about that too. but I still look to some of the post,even if I don't agree
with them sometimes. I think the people here are more brave than me, I'm not always able to watch news about MJ without getting upset. Reading the forum softens the blows, and maybe some of my dumb post are encouraging to others.
Thanks to you and everyone else at mjjcommunity though.

Peace.

If you need a break thats ok.. Its been really tough on me too.
I want this place to stay here forever though. I want Michaels legacy to stay alive.

but being that Michael is dead means there is not much more to discuss.

That's why I'm afraid his fans will eventually wither away. That scares the hell out of me. I don't see why that should be a reason for you to leave, and I don't see why you so feel you need to live your life 'without michael'. But anyway, you do what you gotta do.

Yea it scares me too :(

There will always be a MJJCommunity. Even if it's just one fan from every country. Ofcourse all of us are going to carry on with our lives, but I believe that deep inside, every one of us will always keep a memory of Michael. He'll live forever - he's a legend!!!

There will always be a MJJCommunity. Even if it's just one fan from every country. Ofcourse all of us are going to carry on with our lives, but I believe that deep inside, every one of us will always keep a memory of Michael. He'll live forever - he's a legend!!!
That's what I want. I want everyone to keep his legacy alive. He should be just like Elvis and the Beatles. People should honnor him by tributes and shows on his memory, just like they have with other music legends, 20, 40, 50 years from now. But most of all I want these sites to always be alive, they just give me hope.

Point is, you don't have to live your life without him. That's just silly.

i dont think his fans will wither away in the short term but alot of fan sites will eventually disappear i think because fewer and fewer people post and eventually if people stop posting sites disappear. it really depends on the fans and the commitment of webmasters but there will always be michael jackson fan sites. its just that they wont be the hive of activity they are now. its part of the natural process. people get older, other things take priority in their lives. but there will be michael jackson sites out there for those who wish to talk about his triumphs and life story.

i will never forget Michael, he's my teacher, i dont like the specualtion threads even though i sometimes fall in the tramp and post something, but his legacy is alive, and his musc is alive, much more music will be realised, if you wanna go, go then, i am not, i am carry on with my life, to say Michael ruined my life with his death is quite not good, he was a musical GOD, he DID NOT LIVE IN VAIN, he is legend, legends never die

Michael death hasent affected my way of living, i dont know why was these thread started, i mean you dont need to apology if you wanna go, or ask for permission for it, am i wrong?

Also i believe that if your life is affected by a celebrity in a suffocating or negative way,as much as you think it is than i think you might have a problem. This is a great site, with many intelligent discussions, but in the end it's your chocie.

I think the fandom will continue for some years at least. But most websites dont last a really long time if only because we live in a fast ever-changing world. Most fansites I've visited of any artist usually have been around less than 5 years. Also there will be new albums that will eventually be released. There is a heap of stuff in vaults around the world so there will be many things left for fans to talk about.

I've read there are at least 600 songs in the vaults. Some were recorded, others are just music or notes. And I've read on google news sites that apparently there's enough material for at least several albums. Plus people forget but there is a movie coming out this year (October I think) about the new tour because they were able to record 100 hours of the rehearsals and were able to record the very last rehearsal with high definition. So at least for the next year - 2 years theres plenty of stuff to talk about. Plus theres the outcome of the death circumstances which are still mired in rumor and speculation. And any trial that is to come will likely run more than 6-months to a year. Plus theres all the stuff about the estate and who gets what and what happens to his children so theres tons of stuff left to talk about.

what i really enjoy to talk about is his art, cause i learn a lot, i just discover or remember things that help me, and for some reason i feel ¡'m not the only one

I completely understand you, I tried to 'leave' this forum few days ago but with no success, I feel obsessed and obligated to talk about Michael even more now to 'find out the truth' and to know what really happend before I can close the chapter and move on with myself... Its really taking hard on me.. Because in a way Im in denial that the man is actually gone as long as I keep discussing and talking about him.. But as soon as I go off and do other things and look at the memorial service it all hits me..

Speaking for myself, I need sites like this more than ever just to help me through the day. There is so much hateful speculation and rumour out there with people that at times like this its just a much needed space to come here and be with other fans away from all that.

I think what will happen is we're gonna have peaks of activity and long breaks of silence without many news, until something MJ-related comes to the surface again. But that was the same thing happening before MJ died... I think it will be something like that...
About fan-sites disappearing, it may happen too of course, but in the same way it was before MJ died again. Besides, you still get today numerous sites about celebs like the Beatles, Elvis, Marilyn, Hendrix, james Dean etc, so it won't be different with Michael.
One thing for sure we don't need the internet to carry on his legacy. What if this had happened in the 70s or 80s?
I agree that we will all try to get on with our lives at some point away from forums and chat rooms, but Michael's fire will still burn in our hearts forever!

So... Michael until we meet again!!! :D :flowers:

I think what will happen is we're gonna have peaks of activity and long breaks of silence without many news, until something MJ-related comes to the surface again. But that was the same thing happening before MJ died... I think it will be something like that...
About fan-sites disappearing, it may happen too of course, but in the same way it was before MJ died again. Besides, you still get today numerous sites about celebs like the Beatles, Elvis, Marilyn, Hendrix, james Dean etc, so it won't be different with Michael.
One thing for sure we don't need the internet to carry on his legacy. What if this had happened in the 70s or 80s?
I agree that we will all try to get on with our lives at some point away from forums and chat rooms, but Michael's fire will still burn in our hearts forever!

So... Michael until we meet again!!! :D :flowers:

That's true :) I believe we have some good things to look forward too, even if he's not here among us, his legacy will never fade, and we will make sure he will stay where he should be. On top and the biggest entertainer and humanitarian that has ever lived!!

Yep! Also, think of it this way...
Maybe this was Michael's "way" of telling us to go on with our OWN lives from now on, like:
"Hey, don't rely so much on me anymore to fill in your life, it is not healthy you know. I love you always and I know you do too, but you have to continue the journey without me from now on. Until of course we meet again! But from this moment, the journey bcomes your own."

:)

To be honest, I believe eventually Michael Jackson communities such as MJJC will dissapear.

For now, the fans need to be here. I too, need to be here because as long as I come here, Michael's not gone. He is here, everywhere. We talk about him, we post pictures, we post multimedia.....but eventually it will hit us that Michael really is gone, and then what?

What I think everyone should do is gather the people you want to keep in touch with around you. Ask for their email, msn, yahoo, aim or skype usernames and try to keep in touch with them that way if any of these sites dissapear.

I know that in time, I too will dissapear off these sites. Not completely, I will check in once in a while to see how people are doing, but I won't be active anymore. I've been active for years, when Michael was still with us. But now, it hurts me to come here. It hurts to see everyone here, so lost, posting away -because what else do we do now? We're all searching for a sollution - and frankly I just don't know if I can deal with it.

MJJC will eventually disappear? Awww omg - just thinking about that right now is scary because this is like my favorite MJ site. But youre right most sites do disappear over time and so many sites I used to visit (non MJ) years ago that I thought would be around forever are gone. We live in a temporal society. Things you think that are permanent are usually the first to disappear. And eventually most fans will likely move on even if they think they wont. People grow old and change and stop posting. Things happen in our lives and suddenly our idols arent as important. Hey, it happens.

MJJC will eventually disappear? Awww omg - just thinking about that right now is scary because this is like my favorite MJ site. But youre right most sites do disappear over time and so many sites I used to visit (non MJ) years ago that I thought would be around forever are gone. We live in a temporal society. Things you think that are permanent are usually the first to disappear. And eventually most fans will likely move on even if they think they wont. People grow old and change and stop posting. Things happen in our lives and suddenly our idols arent as important. Hey, it happens.
Even if we don't 'leave', there will be a time when it becomes quiet. No news, no nothing. New songs every once in a while but lots of members will have stopped coming here by then.

I remember when the MJIFC or even the Sony Chatroom was closed. I lost so many friends. There was no warning, the chatroom was just 'gone' and we were all lost. I found some friends on MJ News Online when it opened it's doors to us (thank you Paul), but many were lost.

I truly hope for those of you who want it to, that MJJC and other MJ sites will stay open. There are some amazing sites out there (steady-laughing.com anyone?) and I would hate to see those close. But, hey, it's up to the webmasters if they want to keep these sites open. Do not forget it costs money to run a website and if there is no news, why keep paying?

For myself....I'm trying to come at peace with it all. We are forced to accept this major change in our lives without even wanting it. Things were fine the way they were going. Most of you here probably don't even know me, because I became less active the past few years, but when I joined here in 2003 I was active. I knew so many of you here on the board, and on other boards. We talked Michael day and night and we knew eachother so well. Things changed then, and things changed so much more now. We're just going to have to deal with it, no matter how hard it is for us all.

Peace.

i hope this site doesnt ever close.
i dont like forums suddenly shutting
that happened to the one on michaeljackson.com and it was horrible, (although it is back up now)
and this site is amazing, its always got like all the facts etc if you get what i mean :)

Hi Dutchie; great post and I agree with you. Will MJJC close one day? Perhaps. When I'm feeling really positive and at one with the universe, I usually say to myself, well life is uncertain, there is no guarantee of a tomorrow, but I embrace life and accept its shortcomings and grace. What will be, but I'm a survivor and I will adapt. Sounds kinda silly hey?

As a long time member I respect your opinion and welcome it, because you have been here for many years whereas I am but new. But I think there's more new material yet for fans to worship, collect and talk about, at least for the forseeable future.

After that, who knows? Eventually everything disappears. I try not to be sad about that, because its a fact of living. Things come and go, but I'll always be grateful to this site and the people who run it for making a difference.

Back