I'm so sorry, Michael.

iboz75

Proud Member
I wasn't the greatest fan. when the Bashit video first aired, I was kinda mad at Michael for exposing the weird parts of his life and making people think he was so strange. Especially after that scene with him holding hands with Gavin Arvizo. When the neverland raid hit, and the trial, I was mad at him because I felt he invited this all on himself, if not deserving all of what was happening to him. I was angry that we get a trial instead of a tour and new record. I was so selfish.

It wasn't until I read the Aphrodite Jones book when I started to feel guilty for my feelings. I'm so so sorry.

Now that he's gone, I feel I am the worst fan for being mad at him during a time in his life when he needed fan support the most.

I'm sorry Michael. This will be guilt I will be wearing for the rest of my life

oh don't feel guilty. just know that they can depict u however they want to if they have enough hrs of footage. i know a lot of fans who feel this way and it's not necessary. he's gone now, free of pain.

u may have been upset b/c yetagain, u have to defend something but in reality, that something was exploited for ratings. he came out victorious and had four wonderful yrs w/ his children. it showed how strong he was and how strong his fans were and how much love he had.

just be glad u were a fan and got ot experience the magic while it was still there unlike the 'new' fans who get to experience the aftermath of his passing

Ok you might did let Michael down from your perspective. That is really not nice. And that's what making you feel that bad now. As much as I understand that I think also initially you wanted to know Michael protected and that is at least rooted in very positive feelings towards Michael. Call it all love? I'm sure latest now Michael is able to understand that.
Forgive yourself also iboz... and just know better next time... the next friend in problems will then hopefully cherish your support.

I recently wrote an apology to Michael here too. For me it wasn't the Bashir interview that turned my head, it was the "victims" giving "evidence" (I had been abused myself but not come to terms with it, which to be honest was what was upsetting me, not Michael but I didn't realise that then). I did find Michael again (and he helped to save my life), luckily a long time before he died BUT after he died those feelings of guilt for even believing for a short while came on so strong. I felt I had to let it all out so wrote a long apology thread here, and you know what? Michaels fans are not unlike Michael himself: caring understanding and forgiving. So don't worry, you are in good hands here. I know it's hard but try not to beat yourself up about it, Michael would have forgiven you :)

Back