I'm starting to lose faith in the human race...

L.T.D

Proud Member
First i'd just like to say that ever since I became an MJ fan it completely opened my mind. . . .This was when I was about 14, and ever since then things like ignorance in people have really bothered me.

Recently, over the past few months things have really started to bother me......Everywhere I look, I seepeople saying or doing stupid things.

For instance tonight on the X factor the band Jamiroquai performed. They are my favourite band of all time. Afterwards I saw X factor fans everywhere branding them as 'rubbish and boring'. I was stunned by this, X Factor fans of all people calling a real band who make real music like Jamiroquai rubbish. A lot of them wouldnt know real music if it slapped them in the face.

Obviously the main thing has allways been people hating Michael, and spreading lies basically which they think are true in there small little minds. This kind of thing infuriates me, it can actually ruin my day.

Another thing id like to add is something that happened to me at the start of the year. There was this girl who i'd seen a few times and thought she was really attractive, and my dad is friends with her dad. Anyway I was sat there on the train and her and her friends were clearly trying to get my attention by knocking on the glass next to me and stuff. I went home and added this girl on Facebook, and she wrote on my wall immediately after accepting as if she was interested. But then, I felt bad on her two friends who were on the train like I had left them out so I added them too.

Basically her friend turnedon me on Facebook and started calling me a freak and a loser for adding them all. She was horrible to me, I didnt show any sign of weakness and gave it back as good as I was recieving it, but the things she was saying were actually hurting me and I deleted them all afterwards.

Im currently 19 years old and im seeing the world in such a negative way, I find it hard to trust people and have a very small circle of friends which I trust. I have literally one really good friend who I see all the time and thats it. I dont go out much, I have only just recently got my first job which I am really really nervous about starting.

I am not trying to toot my own horn here, but i'm someone who has really been blessed with many talents. I sing, I dance, I beatbox, I can draw good, I am also quite athletically gifted and can play any sport you throw at me which is down to my speed really. But all of these talents are basically wasted because I shy away from the rest of the world. . . . .

People can say the slightest thing about me and it can really hurt me. I know people have it much much worse than me, but i guess they are stronger people because of it where as I am not. I am probably what you would call a metrosexual guy, I have bleached blonde hair and tend to dress as well as I can and make myself look as good as I can. I think this is all down to having low self esteem, I could never go out of the house if I didnt feel like I looked as good as I possibly can. People do often think i'm gay.....but i'm not gay in the slightest. No that I would be ashamed to be gay if I was, thats another thing that annoys me. Putting down gay people, we should all be able to live our lives how we want...who are they to say what is right and wrong.

50pict0117kj

Last edited:
First i'd just like to say that ever since I became an MJ fan it completely opened my mind. . . .This was when I was about 14, and ever since then things like ignorance in people have really bothered me.

Recently, over the past few months things have really started to bother me......Everywhere I look, I seepeople saying or doing stupid things.That's because they are human. And if you start off not expecting too muich from people, the ones that meet your expectations will not bother you and once in a while you will be pleasantly surprised. :)

For instance tonight on the X factor the band Jamiroquai performed. They are my favourite band of all time. Afterwards I saw X factor fans everywhere branding them as 'rubbish and boring'. I was stunned by this, X Factor fans of all people calling a real band who make real music like Jamiroquai rubbish. A lot of them wouldnt know real music if it slapped them in the face. I wouldn't worry about it. I think shows like that cater to a certain crowd or type of people. Once you understand the audience, you won't be as disappointed by what they say.

Obviously the main thing has allways been people hating Michael, and spreading lies basically which they think are true in there small little minds. This kind of thing infuriates me, it can actually ruin my day. Yeah, I feel you there. But God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can. And, the wisdom to know the difference.

Another thing id like to add is something that happened to me at the start of the year. There was this girl who i'd seen a few times and thought she was really attractive, and my dad is friends with her dad. Anyway I was sat there on the train and her and her friends were clearly trying to get my attention by knocking on the glass next to me and stuff. I went home and added this girl on Facebook, and she wrote on my wall immediately after accepting as if she was interested. But then, I felt bad on her two friends who were on the train like I had left them out so I added them too.

Basically her friend turnedon me on Facebook and started calling me a freak and a loser for adding them all. She was horrible to me, I didnt show any sign of weakness and gave it back as good as I was recieving it, but the things she was saying were actually hurting me and I deleted them all afterwards. It is very easy to be provoked in to behavior that you don't really approve of. Where later on you think, "How can I have been roped into that kind of ridiculous behavior?" But people have a way of revealing themselves. And really, do you want to be with a girl who behaves this way? Or someone who has friends who behave this way? What does that say about her? Maybe someone with a higher maturity level would be better for you.

Im currently 19 years old and im seeing the world in such a negative way, I find it hard to trust people and have a very small circle of friends which I trust. I have literally one really good friend who I see all the time and thats it. I dont go out much, I have only just recently got my first job which I am really really nervous about starting. You are still so very young. You have so much ahead of you. Don't let the disappoints you experience today ruin you whole life for you and shut you off from good things to come, that you can make happen. I don't have any friends now. Sometimes I feel better by myself. Sometimes, I think it would kind of cool to have someone to hang out with. But alas, I guess I am too old now to start dreaming. I have become resolved to the fact that I will possibly only have my cats in my life. Is that what you want? Then shape up!

I am not trying to toot my own horn here, but i'm someone who has really been blessed with many talents. I sing, I dance, I beatbox, I can draw good, I am also quite athletically gifted and can play any sport you throw at me which is down to my speed really. But all of these talents are basically wasted because I shy away from the rest of the world. . . . . Once you have identified the problem, fix it!

I wish I could tell you what to do to feel better. About yourself and the world. But as you can see, I am even more messed up.:D I hope someone will help you more. And if you become enlightened, please share!:yes: I hope when you come here, you have a place where you can feel like you don't have to hide so much. And even with its frustrations, I hope ultimately we can make you feel a little bit better about the world (I know, I know, we have our hiccups).
LOL!

Last edited:
I lost it long ago.

Those girls sound like they're the ones with the real problem. Fxxk them and move on with your life. You've got the talents, if what you say is true. They're not worth the air they breathe, evidently, so who cares what they think? You need to own up to your self esteem--easier said than done, I realize, but truly at least pretend to have self-esteem for a bit to get started.

I would say "don't give up" and more of that motivational crap, but I really don't feel like lying to you. Just find happiness in what you love to do and don't mind the others. After all, life is like a sewer--what you get out of it often depends on what you put into it.

I'm ashamed to be apart of the human race. It's like looking at a relative you don't like and you think, 'oh jeez... I can't believe I'm related to them...'.

I'm feeling better today, last night there was just so many things that happened which just made me think. People are stupid, it was really getting to me...thats why I posted a massive essay about myself and posted a picture of myself hahaha

Thank you for all of your replies. There are still decent people in this world, i'm starting to think we are the minority though.

I'm ashamed to be apart of the human race. It's like looking at a relative you don't like and you think, 'oh jeez... I can't believe I'm related to them...'.
so true lol this world is so shitty. the only decent thing in it was taken from us and treated like shit cause he dared to give a dam about ppl and the planet and was persecuted for it. sums up the humans races priorities

so true lol this world is so shitty. the only decent thing in it was taken from us and treated like shit cause he dared to give a dam about ppl and the planet and was persecuted for it. sums up the humans races priorities

Agree.........

........and what's worse......is that people seem to get worse............

........especially when I talk to my relatives who say that things were way better in the old days!!!!!!!

Ditto.
I've been feeling the same way for a very long time. I dont feel really "related" to the human race, I feel like an alien watching an unknown race from behind a glass window. And mostly, they seem to be all the same. Actually it's mandatory to be like everyone else, or you won't be accepted.
But sometimes, once in a while, there's one that is different. Who says f***k that, see what matters, and follows their dream. Be patient and you'll find one or two. Be one. ;)
Knowing you dont fit into the mould is the first step.

Back