I’ve had it with the estate!!!

somewhereinthedark

Proud Member
Some people think sales are more important than the art unfortunately.
Do you actually know how CONCERNED and OBSESSED Prince fans are about sales. They talk about sales and chart placement EVERYDAY. The Prince Estate is releasing things for MONEY and to garner new fans. They are even doing things on TikTok to HELP Prince Get new fans to like and buy his music. Some of you are not very AWARE of the things that you say. You’ve been manipulated by those people who want you to believe that ONLY Prince’s MUSIC counts. His music does count; however, his Estate and fans are DESPERATE for it to sell and place high on the charts.

somewhereinthedark

Proud Member
If posthumous projects had any influence on anything, Prince would at the very least equal MJ in annual sales (he’s nowhere close) and streaming numbers (he trails by 18mil monthly listeners and 400+ ranking points on Spotify). And yet, every project his estate has released has faded into irrelevancy within days of its debut, and none ever find themselves re-charting. Same with everything the MJE has done. Why is that? Perhaps because posthumous projects exists solely to satiate a fan base, and are a privilege, not a necessity?

Furthermore, despite being deluged with material over the past few years, Prince fans are far from happy with his estate. Why is that? Perhaps because the “stan” mentality tends to permeate every fan base, and MJ and Prince fans are often just as bad as Beyoncé and Bieber fans?

That’s all I’ll say about that.

innuendo141

Proud Member
Do you actually know how CONCERNED and OBSESSED Prince fans are about sales. They talk about sales and chart placement EVERYDAY. The Prince Estate is releasing things for MONEY and to garner new fans. They are even doing things on TikTok to HELP Prince Get new fans to like and buy his music. Some of you are not very AWARE of the things that you say. You’ve been manipulated by those people who want you to believe that ONLY Prince’s MUSIC counts. His music does count; however, his Estate and fans are DESPERATE for it to sell and place high on the charts.
This is a bit crazy to be honest... I called out Mickie Dee for saying those Prince releases were trash. I don't care about any MJ vs Prince release war, or whatever it is that's going on.

Bottom line, the Prince releases are far from trash. It would be lovely if we got one or two similar sets for MJ as Bad 25 is my favourite release post '09. I won't lose any sleep if we don't as I don't expect we will. People need to relax.

Mikky Dee

Sunset Driver, Midnight Rider
Yes, the Prince was/is jealous of the MJ Estate for the MONEY that the MJ Estate has made. You can bet that they have asked Branca about HOW the MJ has been doing so well. There is no way in hell that Branca would have said what he did, if it wasn’t true. The Michael Jackson Estate IS the envy of other Estates, whether some of you WANT to believe it or not. The Prince Estate is OBSESSED with MAKING MONEY and that is the reason for a lot of these releases. They are also obsessed with trying any tactic to gain a NEW generation of fans.
Some of you are too young or not knowledgeable enough to know that. I really am tired of those people who compare the MJ and Prince Estates, they are totally different. Thank God. I truly want the MJ Estate to release more things; however, I’m not going to go on some childish rant, if they don’t. I am a long time fan who is USED to long waits for Michael releases and can handle it. This is the very reason that I warned fans, especially younger and newer fans, that I was not going to get excited about ANYTHING, until it was OFFICIAL.
Finally, I will take what the MJ Estate has released( except the 3 songs on the Michael album) anyday over what the Prince Estate has released.

Hallelujah and YESSSSSSSS!!!

somewhereinthedark

Proud Member
This is a bit crazy to be honest... I called out Mickie Dee for saying those Prince releases were trash. I don't care about any MJ vs Prince release war, or whatever it is that's going on.

Bottom line, the Prince releases are far from trash. It would be lovely if we got one or two similar sets for MJ as Bad 25 is my favourite release post '09. I won't lose any sleep if we don't as I don't expect we will. People need to relax.
How is what I said crazy? I can show you post after posts where fans ARE concerned about Prince’s SALES and Chart Positions. This was especially during the Welcome 2 America release. This is no MJ vs Prince release war. I stated FACTS. I did not state OPIONIONS. I just get tired of people acting as if it’s all about the MUSIC with Prince, and it is as much about sales and MONEY as the MJ Estate. Estates are supposed to make $$$. That’s what it’s all about. Btw, I am relaxed.😎

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
There are two main differences between Michael Jackson Estate and Prince Estate:

The first main difference is that the Prince Estate listens to fans' requests when it comes to new releases.

Prince Estate has even an on line section on their website dedicated solely to their fans' requests.

There are actually songs that Prince fans requested and these songs later got a release by the Estate.

On the other hand, John Branca clearly implied that the Michael Jackson Estate does not listen to fans' requests (like, when he forbade fans to send him e-mails for requests about new releases).

The second main difference is that right after Prince's death, courts ruled that the Prince Estate had to monetize itself because it needed funds necessary for the administration of the Estate and for the payment of the Estate taxes.

For this reason, Prince Estate immediately hired entertainment industry experts and began generating income (Paisley Park was turned into a tourist museum and people paid money for visiting it, new posthumous albums began to get a release on a frequent basis, etc).

Galactus123

Proud Member
There are two main differences between Michael Jackson Estate and Prince Estate:

The first main difference is that the Prince Estate listens to fans' requests when it comes to new releases.

Prince Estate has even an on line section on their website dedicated solely to their fans' requests.

There are actually songs that Prince fans requested and these songs later got a release by the Estate.

On the other hand, John Branca clearly implied that the Michael Jackson Estate does not listen to fans' requests (like, when he forbade fans to send him e-mails for requests about new releases).

The second main difference is that right after Prince's death, courts ruled that the Prince Estate had to monetize itself because it needed funds necessary for the administration of the Estate and for the payment of the Estate taxes.

For this reason, Prince Estate immediately hired entertainment industry experts and began generating income (Paisley Park was turned into a tourist museum and people paid money for visiting it, new posthumous albums began to get a release on a frequent basis, etc).
The Wembley concert was definitely released because fans asked for it. I doubt they would have released it without the campaign.

somewhereinthedark

Proud Member

Your first sentence summed this whole discussion up: There are two main differences between the Michael Jackson Estate and the Prince Estate.

The KEY word is : DIFFERENT. I don’t compare Michael’s Estate to any OTHER artist’s Estate, why should I compare to Prince’s Estate? It’s silly, it’s illogical because they are two DIFFERENT people. Both estates want to make money. The MJ Estate does things differently from Prince Estate and that’s good. SOME Michael fans are always complaining and whining about something, even when the Estate was releasing things. SOME fans even sabotage projects the Estate releases.. I guess these people don’t realize that anything that the Estate does has Michael’s name on it, and it reflects on MICHAEL and not the Estate when it doesn’t do well. You would think that these fans realize that; but, they don’t or don’t care about Michael. The Estate is damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

The Xscape project was wonderful, yet you had whiners complaining about it and sabotaging Sales. The bottomline is if YOU don’t want to purchase a project, then DON’T. Stop trying to mess it up for Michael and his other fans who WANT to support him and it.

Finally, stop coming to a Michael Jackson Forum COMPARING the MJ Estate to the Prince Estate. THEY( Prince fans)
would never allow this on their forum. WHY is this allowed on an MJ forum. If we aren’t comparing Elvis, David Bowie, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, George Michael, Whitney Houston’s Estates to Michael’s Estate, then we damn well don’t need to compare it to Prince’s. I’m sick of it.🤨 Rant Over.😎

Last edited:

dam2040

Proud Member
Your first sentence summed this whole discussion up: There are two main differences between the Michael Jackson Estate and the Prince Estate.

The KEY word is : DIFFERENT. I don’t compare Michael’s Estate to any OTHER artist’s Estate, why should I compare to Prince’s Estate? It’s silly, it’s illogical because they are two DIFFERENT people. Both estates want to make money. The MJ Estate does things differently from Prince Estate and that’s good. SOME Michael fans are always complaining and whining about something, even when the Estate was releasing things. SOME fans even sabotage projects the Estate releases.. I guess these people don’t realize that anything that the Estate does has Michael’s name on it, and it reflects on MICHAEL and not the Estate when it doesn’t do well. You would think that these fans realize that; but, they don’t or don’t care about Michael. The Estate is damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

The Xscape project was wonderful, yet you had whiners complaining about it and sabotaging Sales. The bottomline is if YOU don’t want to purchase a project, then DON’T. Stop trying to mess it up for Michael and his other fans who WANT to support him and it.

Finally, stop coming to a Michael Jackson Forum COMPARING the MJ Estate to the Prince Estate. THEY( Prince fans)
would never allow this on their forum. WHY is this allowed on an MJ forum. If we aren’t comparing Elvis, David Bowie, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, George Michael, Whitney Houston’s Estates to Michael’s Estate, then we damn well don’t need to compare it to Prince’s. I’m sick of it.🤨 Rant Over.😎
They forever set the tone for themselves by releasing an album with fake vocals.

somewhereinthedark

Proud Member
They forever set the tone for themselves by releasing an album with fake vocals.
They should never have done that. However, that has nothing to do with the Xscape project, Immortal Tour, ONE show in Vegas, upcoming MJ Musical, etc. I’m not going to FOREVER complain, whine or SABOTAGE other projects because of that one @#$& up. I dare any other Estate to go through what Michael’s Estate has legally and SURVIVE and PROSPER. I’m not excusing that one @#$% up; however, I’m not going to spend my fandom bringing it up, either.

dam2040

Proud Member
They should never have done that. However, that has nothing to do with the Xscape project, Immortal Tour, ONE show in Vegas, upcoming MJ Musical, etc. I’m not going to FOREVER complain, whine or SABOTAGE other projects because of that one @#$& up.
No, but you have to understand that some people will never support anything they do as a result of those fake songs - which they still continue to make money from.

somewhereinthedark

Proud Member
No, but you have to understand that some people will never support anything they do as a result of those fake songs - which they still continue to make money from.

Those people need to leave the fandom, IF they will never support any Michael project. It’s insulting and naive to say you are a Michael Jackson fan and don’t support his music or projects. How does that make any sense? Some of you act as if this is the John Branca/John McClain Estate. Notice that I added John McClain’s name because he is a CO-Executor. Some of you CONVENIENTLY forget that FACT. This is the MICHAEL JACKSON ESTATE. The money they make are for Michael’s children. Of course, they get their executor fees, they are SUPPOSED to. Do you think executors of other estates are doing it for free?

dam2040

Proud Member
Those people need to leave the fandom, IF they will never support any Michael project. It’s insulting and naive to say you are a Michael Jackson fan and don’t support his music or projects. How does that make any sense? Some of you act as if this is the John Branca/John McClain Estate. Notice that I added John McClain’s name because he is a CO-Executor. Some of you CONVENIENTLY forget that FACT. This is the MICHAEL JACKSON ESTATE. The money they make are for Michael’s children. Of course, they get their executor fees, they are SUPPOSED to. Do you think executors of other estates are doing it for free?
They have supported Michael Jackson projects.

One, Immortal, Xscape, Vision etc etc are NOT Michael Jackson projects.

somewhereinthedark

Proud Member
They have supported Michael Jackson projects.

One, Immortal, Xscape, Vision etc etc are NOT Michael Jackson projects.
What do you call projects from the MICHAEL JACKSON Estate? Those projects were/are well done, professional, added to Michael’s LEGACY and gained MILLIONS of new fans. THAT’S what an Estate does. Although I will appreciate more musical output, I Thank God for those projects released in Michael’s name. YES, these ARE Michael Jackson projects since he is no longer living to do it himself. Btw, I wonder if you would say the same thing if ANOTHER artist Estate had released the same projects? Of course not.

Victor

Proud Member
f7e5edd47ceb9ca70c19da315fa21ccd.gif

Robbsaber01

Proud Member
^This. When some people here talk about how great the estates "business" strategy is I just get reminded how they are still actively selling fake MJ songs. If they had even pulled them thats one thing but they haven't. What other estate has done this?? They know MJs name $$ regardless. They barely have to put any effort into releases because its MJ. If they actually release a quality product in the future I will support it but I and many here won't forget either.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Not a good argument because the Bad Tour campaign started in fu**ing 2005 if I remember right!
“The campaign started during Michael’s lifetime; the Estate just fulfilled it. It doesn’t count!”

Seriously? This is what I’m talking about lmfao, some people look for any reason to not give the MJE any due credit. Wembley was a very mixed project, but they outright told us it was between that and Yokohama. I’d take a VHS tape over that overplayed concert any day.

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
Not a good argument because the Bad Tour campaign started in fu**ing 2005 if I remember right!
Yeah the Wembley campaign started around the time I was delving deep into the MJ fan community as a youngster. I remember when I first saw the campaign. The only reason the Estate released that concert was because of that campaign existing before MJ's death. If that campaign had started post June 25th,2009 it absolutely would have never been released as fast as it was.

Last edited:

dam2040

Proud Member
What do you call projects from the MICHAEL JACKSON Estate? Those projects were/are well done, professional, added to Michael’s LEGACY and gained MILLIONS of new fans. THAT’S what an Estate does. Although I will appreciate more musical output, I Thank God for those projects released in Michael’s name. YES, these ARE Michael Jackson projects since he is no longer living to do it himself. Btw, I wonder if you would say the same thing if ANOTHER artist Estate had released the same projects? Of course not.
Relax. You’re obviously incredibly defensive. I’ve bought their releases and went to Immortal. I’m not anti Estat

I wouldn’t call fake songs, VHS quality concerts and short films “well done, professional” projects either.

You can’t tell me these are MJ projects simply because his name has been slapped on. He had absolutely nothing to do with them.

It’s not out of the realm because of their awful business people don’t like them.

femi

Proud Member
Relax. You’re obviously incredibly defensive. I’ve bought their releases and went to Immortal. I’m not anti Estat

I wouldn’t call fake songs, VHS quality concerts and short films “well done, professional” projects either.

You can’t tell me these are MJ projects simply because his name has been slapped on. He had absolutely nothing to do with them.

It’s not out of the realm because of their awful business people don’t like them.
⬆️ exactly this.
0912f2e1f56c84eec6eb2c45d9b05498.png

Last edited: