Jackson 5 - Ain't No Sunshine (Live At The Forum 1972)

Arklove

Proud Member
Country
Canada
Can we please just talk about the genius that is this?? :dropdead:

Wow! Goosebumps!
I love this song, Michael's vocals are just incredible. He was only 14 then. Oh Michael... ain't no sunshine when he's gone...

I know! I hadn't heard him sing it live at this age before....I literally cried through the whole thing...

Aint no sunshine now she's gone, it's not warm when she's away. :(
We can change the words to 'he' referring to Michael :(
He's always gone too long, any time he goes away.
I know I know I know I know.
:angel:
Baby MJ- a genius right from the start.:wub:

very threatening. no better genius than threatening genius. with the passing years his voice went from a slightly slower vibrato to a fast one. and the raw top notes...compete with the drum solo for best musical moment. usually the fans scream through the song with most acts. here, they had to hear it first. then they screamed. hyponitized. mesmerised. that's what that audience was. that's what i am, listening to this. thanks for posting.

bought the album the other day. havnt had the courage to listen yet. but im gonna have to cause i so wanna hear this

Arklove, you're killing me.
I've yet to purchase the record but I hope to real soon.
I'm hearing only good things about it.

OMgoodness! Lil MJ cuttin' up on that song!

Last edited:
Yes, I have it in my Amazon list...:D....

I was just thinking...I think i'd either die and go to heaven or go into orbit if I ever heard him sing this as an adult....LIVE....with that same rawness he sang it with as young Michael....:dropdead:

I bought the album. Worth every penny!

Pure genius. He's born with threatening talents. How could a 14 year-old sing with such emotion?

The Who's Lovin' You version is another killer. I am mesmerized. I listened to it on my way to work this morning. I literally had to stop walking and stand on the street to absorb the moment.

I bought the album. Worth every penny!

Pure genius. He's born with threatening talents. How could a 14 year-old sing with such emotion?

The Who's Lovin' You version is another killer. I am mesmerized. I listened to it on my way to work this morning. I literally had to stop walking and stand on the street to absorb the moment.

Yeah, I ordered the album on Amazon...I CANNOT wait to get it...That's how I was when I listened to this version of 'Aint No Sunshine' for the first time...I was sitting here at my computer....reduced to tears...it literally took my breath away..i was still for the entire song....it's just so incredible to me...and not like we're not privy to his astounding talent, but it just blows me away every time...

this song is amazing:D first time when i hear it was something like that : wow,this is true?:) i like it verry verry much :D

That gorgeous husky voice! Raw talent. I love that rawness in his vocal, which suits this type of bluse tune.
very threatening. no better genius than threatening genius. with the passing years his voice went from a slightly slower vibrato to a fast one. and the raw top notes...compete with the drum solo for best musical moment. usually the fans scream through the song with most acts. here, they had to hear it first. then they screamed. hyponitized. mesmerised. that's what that audience was. that's what i am, listening to this. thanks for posting.
Great post:clapping: I like your word choice here: "threatening." He got the kind of talent that takes you to a place where you can't help but take a step back in awe.

bought the album the other day. havnt had the courage to listen yet. but im gonna have to cause i so wanna hear this
I remember reading your post about this album over at the 2300 Jackson Street section. I can relate to how you feel...It ain't easy to listen to the J5 material esp. since he's gone.....Got me getting too emotional to handle.

some of the notes he hits and some of the runs just blow me away....especially...1:32, 1:52 and 2:02....

Back