Jamiroquai

Hi guys,

I agree Jamiroquai are my favourite artist group after the Master himself. Can you imagine if Michael had ever collaborated with these guys?! PHEW, would have been even more phenomenal than they are standalone.

My favourite tracks are:
Deeper Underground
Virtual Insanity
Cosmic Girl

I downloaded a few of their tracks on itunes the other day, tracks that I'd never heard of before, but I trust their artistry so I'm sure I will love them :)

Have you noticed how all the tracks have very interesting names, and there seems to be a space/cosmic theme?

Music with meaning, couldn't ask for more

DuranDuran

Proud Member
i hope the new album will be less 'pop' but even if not i can't wait for the tour =P
they are one of the best live performing artists in the world.
I think some of the later stuff had a techno sort of vibe, not pop so much.

Chihiro2

Proud Member
^ yes, there were a few heavy and noisy techno-style songs on the later albums (Feels So Good, Feels Like It Should, Black Devil Car), but also some lighter tunes that sound more electro-(dance)-pop like Hot Tequilla Brown, Love Blind, (Don't) Give Hate a Chance. but whatever it was all of them sound just too noisy and/or bland for me.

eighthnoterojo

Proud Member
^ Timely post there, DD. Apparently Jay Kay has said that they will be supporting Stevie Wonder, and want to play some stuff from their 'new album'. The latest buzz is for a September 2010 release. It may even be true.

One thing that's promising is that there are a heap of summer gigs posted on their website. Only Euro gigs though.

Perhaps Foxy knows what's up?

Last edited:

Love.him

Proud Member
I've been listening to them a lot again lately. Just last night I checked their Web site to find that they were actually on tour. It seems to have been kept very quiet.

The more I listen to them the more I realise how underrated they really are. I'm glad we have them. Maybe I'll see them in concert some time.

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Automaton

Here's their new video uploaded today. I don't know who's in the band now, but seems like they've gone full electronic on this track.

DuranDuran

Proud Member
by Sarah Ahern April 13, 2017 Variety
tumblr_om7moiLDIg1rw606ko1_r21_540.jpg

(l-r) Derrick McKenzie, Stuart Zender, Jay Kay, Toby Smith, Wallis Buchanan in 1992

Toby Smith, record producer and original keyboardist for British funk band Jamiroquai, has died. He was 46.

The news was broken on the Jamiroquai fan site Funkin on Wednesday. “It is with great sadness to hear and relay the news that original Jamiroquai keyboard player Toby Smith died on 11th April 2017,” the statement read.

Smith served as both the keyboard player and co-songwriter for Jamiroquai from 1992 until 2002, contributing to the groups early hits and albums, up to and including the release of “A Funk Odyssey” in 2001. He left during the band’s Funk Odyssey tour due to family commitments.

He also served as the music producer and manager for the English pop-rock band The Hoosiers. In 2013, Smith co-produced English singer-songwriter Matt Cardle’s third album, “Porcelain,” as well as supplied writing contributions to several songs.

bluemoon7

Proud Member
I came here and just discovered they have new music and one of their former members has already passed. Sad, much too early ...

I used to be a huge fan but at some point did not follow their new stuff anymore.

Jay Kay is one of the best singers ever IMO, and he has a truly amazing and unique voice. Their songwriting is awesome!

First song I ever heard (back then on the radio I guess) was their "Too Young To Die". And I was "Wait. Who is this?"

Word Smith Sr

Proud Member
The chorus reminds me of Michael. I wish it were longer. :)

[video=youtube;w4AQbsCz1AY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4AQbsCz1AY[/video]

I love the way he moves.

[video=youtube;GE7-ZW4ZTfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE7-ZW4ZTfw[/video]

Last edited: