Janet better singer, dancer or actress ??

Janet is better at...

• Singing

Votes: 58 36.3%
  • Dancing

Votes: 76 47.5%
  • Acting

Votes: 26 16.3%

• Total voters

raz2911

Proud Member
What do you think Janet is better ar singing, dancing or acting ??
give reasons too please

I think singer I just bought her Best album yesterday and it is amazing and all the songs on the CD have been no.1 , I never knew she had that many no.1's

I've never seen her act. I like both her singing and dancing. I didn't realise I was a Janet fan but I saw the advert for her album on tv the other day and I thought 'oh my gosh.. I've liked all these songs for ages and never realised they were Janet's' :ph34r: bad me.

A few years ago someone sent me some music and one of the songs was All For You, and my friend used to tell me I played it ALL the time. I really liked that song. Thats the only one I knew was Janet's because I've seen the video on tv.

prob dancing. shes never had much of a voice and ive only seen poetic justice,nutty profess so cant really judge just on that

Last edited:
Me too! :wub:

IMO, her voice is a lot like her character- Shy and soft yet evokes a lot of emotion.

Goodness yes! Janet's songs are emotionally driven, not vocally. If only ppl would understand that they wouldn't be saying she can't sing. :rolleyes2:

I've never seen her act.

Shes been in a few movies eg. the nuttey profesor 2, she was in the cosby show and many other shows aswell when she was younger. I've only ever seen her in The nutty professor and she was great Doesn't Really Matter was on the soundtrack of the movie aswell :)

If only ppl would understand that they wouldn't be saying she can't sing. :smilerolleyes:
of course she can sing she just doesnt have a very strong voice so she needs to sing songs that suit her voice more

Goodness yes! Janet's songs are emotionally driven, not vocally. If only ppl would understand that they wouldn't be saying she can't sing. :rolleyes2:

Yea, many confuse loud belting for singing. :lol:

that's just it with Janet: she's an allround entertainer!! :D I was at her Velvet Rope tour (never saw MJ on tour! :'( noooooooo) and she was so amazing: killer choreography, and everything sung live, and sang soooo well! She didn't miss one note, and sang everything so forcefully, reminiscent of MJ's BAD tour (which I only saw on the computer :'( noooo!!) and finally I have seen all her movies and I think she does that very well too. Her emotions are very convincing and I would like to see her in a role that is not a cute girl (cause that doesnt require all that much acting for her) so she can really show her talent.

Which is why ppl call Whitney the greatest singer of all time :lmao:

LOL! I love old Whitney but the thing I don't like is that she has only one emotion. Janet has many and so much versatility in her voice. :blush:

That's what she's been doing for a while now lol
and i said she hadnt? i was speaking in general. forthe most part shes always sung sungs that suit her voice. few exceptions of course like with anyone

yeah alot of the new generation R&B singers were prob influenced by her.b4 the influx of younger artists there reallyl wasnt a large female base. u had madonna mariah dion janet whitney. not like now with all the label created artists

LOL! I love old Whitney but the thing I don't like is that she has only one emotion. Janet has many and so much versatility in her voice. :blush:

This is true...her voice is right on the lines of Beyonce's. Great voice, no emotion and personality-less.

Shes been in a few movies eg. the nuttey profesor 2, she was in the cosby show and many other shows aswell when she was younger. I've only ever seen her in The nutty professor and she was great Doesn't Really Matter was on the soundtrack of the movie aswell :)

the cosby show? the jacksons were never on his sitcom. i think you mean Good Times. i thought she was good in that and Poetic justice, but after her acting in other movies weren't so good. i'd say singing/dancing is her strong suit.

Hard question... The Nutty Professor was pretty awesome :D

Singing/Dancing. I chose Dancing though. Janet isn't known for being a "singer" as such. Like many other female pop acts such as Madonna and Britney they are popstars - the whole package. Janet is an entertainer. When you go to see her you go to see JANET. Not Janet "sing".

I'd say singing, too.

I haven't seen Poetic Justice but I really want to watch it someday soon!

I'd say dancing, she used to be good dancer in her younger days, never was much of a singer.

Back