Janet sold out Essence show in minutes!

Vici

Proud Member
Janet is the headliner. So she gets a 2 hour set. The others perform in lounges. I know Monica is the opener for Janet.

Do you or anyone else here know if she will go on a tour in Europe? I remember hearing something about that she were preparing for a tour. But if she is starting that new movie in june, then I guess she wont be out! Id really wanna see her perform.

raz2911

Proud Member
Do you or anyone else here know if she will go on a tour in Europe? I remember hearing something about that she were preparing for a tour. But if she is starting that new movie in june, then I guess she wont be out! Id really wanna see her perform.

I heard this too, I hope she does, I would LOVE to see her in Manchester, UK or somewhere close to me, she never comes here, always London... then again if I ask my parents in advance, they might let me... they let me get tickets for TII

Big Apple2

Proud Member
Janet is the headliner. So she gets a 2 hour set. The others perform in lounges. I know Monica is the opener for Janet.
Janet will be opening the festival, but to say the OTHERS are performing in lounges is not true.

"Also appearing on the MAIN STAGE will be Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys, Earth, Wind & Fire, Keri Hilson, Gladys Knight, LL Cool J, Trey Songz, Jill Scott and Monica."

Performing in the lounges will be folks like: Mary Mary, Estelle, Mint Condition, Joe and a bunch of others.

You didn't REALLY think that top acts like Mary J. Blige and Alicia Keys would be performing in a lounge, did you? LOL!

Last edited:

twinklEE

Proud Member
Janet will be opening the festival, but to say the OTHERS are performing in lounges is not true.

"Also appearing on the MAIN STAGE will be Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys, Earth, Wind & Fire, Keri Hilson, Gladys Knight, LL Cool J, Trey Songz, Jill Scott and Monica."

Performing in the lounges will be folks like: Mary Mary, Estelle, Mint Condition, Joe and a bunch of others.

You didn't REALLY think that top acts like Mary J. Blige and Alicia Keys would be performing in a lounge, did you? LOL!
For Real.

StacyJ

Proud Member
I'd rather see Alicia, LL Cool and Mary J Blige. They all perform live.. I've seen Mary J 3 times and I don't think she lipsynced at all.. Alicia is totally live and so is LL.

raz2911

Proud Member
I'd rather see Alicia, LL Cool and Mary J Blige. They all perform live.. I've seen Mary J 3 times and I don't think she lipsynced at all.. Alicia is totally live and so is LL.

Well they don't exacly dance a lot do they...
I love Alicia Keys though !! Mary J too !! but it would be a lot easier for them to sing live as they don't get out of breath as much.

trueiopian

Proud Member

Hun, you need to read and comprehend the article. It cleary says Janet's date - July 2nd sold-out in minutes. No where is there mention of Mary J and Alicia's dates being sold-out. Someone in N.O. told me that Janet's show is sold-out but there are still tickets for Mary's show.

Again, Janet, Alicia Keys and Mary J Blige are HEADLINERS - I repeat, they're headliners. Janet performs on July 2nd. The following names are OPENERS - do you understand? - O P E N E R S.

The other artists that are not performing on the main stage ARE performing in lounges.

I know its hard to swallow ;)

dupsy

Proud Member
Why are some people not happy janet sold out her date ,if it's true indeed,am happy for her eventhough she said some things about michael that I didnt like and really upset me.I still want her to excel in her projects/work.
All the best miss J.

Fluffy_Oz

Proud Member
That's awesome, good for Janet. I'd go and see her myself if she ever strayed towards my neck of the woods. I can't listen to her music on its own because it bores me to death, but if you add the visual it gets bearable, on stage she's a very entertaining performer, even when she doesn't sing live.

Tony R

Proud Member
As the thread title says, the show sold out in minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

dupsy

Proud Member
As the thread title says, the show sold out in minutes.

Well if you believe everything you read,I dont.It was reported all over the news that ''this is it movie'' premieres were sold out and was surprised my theatre was just half filled and so were many other people.

trueiopian

Proud Member
Well if you believe everything you read,I dont.It was reported all over the news that ''this is it movie'' premieres were sold out and was surprised my theatre was just half filled and so were many other people.

Hun, Janet's show IS sold-out. All you can do is be happy for her or stay upset. You can ask anyone that works in an arena and they will tell you that certain percentage (about 90%) of tickets are sold it determines a sold-out show. I honestly hope you don't think that all 50 dates of MJ's tour were 100% sold-out!? the tickets that were initially made available for the multiple dates did indeed sell-out though. Just ask concert promoters and they will tell you that when a certain amount of tickets are sold its considered a sold-out show. I'm fully aware that their tickets left (mostly V.I.P seats and nosebleeds) but as the article states the show is sold-out. Janet has sold-out a 50K capacity dome before. Nothing new for her. Plus this is the first time a performer of Janet's caliber is performing at Essence so this shouldn't be surprising that her tickets sold-out in minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnOurWay

Proud Member
Why are some people not happy janet sold out her date

As I've previously stated, most of them are still upset about Mike's passing. So they take their anger out on Janet and other members of the family.

enlightenu

Proud Member
As I've previously stated, most of them are still upset about Mike's passing. So they take their anger out on Janet and other members of the family.
It's not as simple as that. Of course MJ fans (including myself) are sad, angry and full of a range of emotions. We lost someone who was more than just an entertainer to fawn over. We loved him, stood by him, prayed for him, cried for him. He was apart of us.

Now he was suddenly killed by someone else's hand...(Remember HOMICIDE was the ruling of Michael's death---not suicide). The person(s) in question are treated with kid gloves and coddled within a protective hedge while Michael, THE VICTIM, is being maligned, misrepresented and being portrayed as a drug addict who should share the blame for his death. Some of his family (including his baby sister Janet, who's viewed as the normal and credible member of the Jacksons) have publically called him a drug addict who's in denial and who wouldn't respond to interventions. Therefore, that gives the green light to everyone else to follow suit in the drug addict angle...nevermind what the autopsy said about Michael being healthy for the most part.

And to top it off, some of Janet's fans have the arrogance and nerve to post sideways comments about Michael on a Michael Jackson board, using Janet as their 'measuring stick' to compare Michael to. So yes, MJ fans are upset. Wouldn't you?

Thetruthbetold

Proud Member

Yes i lost all respect i have my reasons too. Just not going there with this forum

babykinsilk05

Proud Member
LOL Really though, Who Cares??? why all the bitterness and straight up hatin? Leave JJ Alone and watch her DO THE DAMN THING! Keep the Jackson Name where it belongs...@ # 1. GO Janet!