Katherine Jackson hasn't received 'a penny' from Michael's estate

Moulin Rouge

Proud Member
Another chapter in the Jackson family feud is about to begin. On Monday, several Jackson family members are expected to appear in court for matters related to Dr. Conrad Murray, but other family members, specifically Rebbie and Randy, are expected to issue a statement in an attempt to distance themselves from a concert being billed as a tribute to Michael Jackson. Meanwhile, Katherine Jackson claims she hasn't received "a penny" from Michael's estate.

The concert, deemed a "money grab" by a Jackson family confidant, is being produced by The Jackson Family Foundation, which lists Joseph Jackson as chairman and Katherine Jackson as vice chairman. A draft of Rebbie and Randy's statement, obtained by Scoop, reads in part: "It has been bought to my attention that The Jackson Family Foundation is staging a "Legacy of the Legend" concert Nov. 13 in Atlanta. That show is being billed as a tribute to my brother, Michael Jackson. Reportedly, I and others are scheduled to perform at this concert ... I am in no way associated with this event or the foundation and I wish to make that clear because I do not want to be party to anything that could potentially pose legal or other problems now or in the future."

Why stage such a thing? Katherine and Joe need the money, according to the family friend. "Katherine told Oprah that she hasn't received a penny from the estate since Michael died," said the source. "What they (lawyers for the estate) have told her is that they have been busy trying to retire some of Michael's massive debt and they have maintained bills at Hayvenhurst and the kids' school." The source said that Janet Jackson has been helping Katherine financially in the mean time.

http://scoop.todayshow.com/_news/20...n-hasnt-received-a-penny-from-michaels-estate

well in case people don't remember that Korean newspaper has got an court order to get what the estate is paying Katherine. so the estate might very well be paying to her but she wouldn't get it until the debt to the Korean newspaper is satisfied.

I remember the Korean case :doh: , so there is no exit for her except having her bills and those of the kids directly paid by the estate ? When she says she has no money from the estate, that means she has no cash for herself?

I remember the Korean case :doh: , so there is no exit for her except having her bills and those of the kids directly paid by the estate ? When she says she has no money from the estate, that means she has no cash for herself?

yes the estate can pay children's expenses and the bills without giving cash directly. with the Korean newspaper and their recent request of getting the money that comes from the estate to Katherine, she wouldn't be able to get cash from the estate.

However I tend to think that this news story is flawed because we have seen in the estate report that Katherine was given a loan (an advance of her share) by the estate so "not received a penny" seems to be wrong.

In my opinion, she's talking about that AFTER probate money. When she will, excluding the Korean nightmare, be getting a LARGE chunk of money every year. I mean, you really can't say she is getting NO money, when the estate is giving her money to pay her living expenses (and the living expenses of everyone who lives in the Encino home). As per that Estate update that was issued a few weeks ago, the house is now paid for, Ms. Katherine is no longer behind in her light bill and she has a brand new automobile.

Aside from all of that, it looks like there is ANOTHER Jackson family member, namely Rebbie, who claims to not be a part of the Jackson "Family" foundation. I guess Ms. Katherine and Joe Jackson are the only folks who are down with this so-called FAMILY foundation.

Although it does seem odd that Rebbie would be so public with her disdain, considering her mother and father both involved with this "project."

In my opinion, she's talking about that AFTER probate money.

then the question becomes why would she expect to receive "after" probate money while the estate is "still" in probate?

Is it me or it seems anything Joe does the others want nothing to do with it? I don't understand wills and probates and when people are suppose to get their money.

I thought the estate gave her a loan. It's all in the court's documents submitted last month.

As for her monthly stipend... She took the Korean paper's money... Fair and square they want it back.

Another tribute???

then the question becomes why would she expect to receive "after" probate money while the estate is "still" in probate?

I have no idea, maybe that's where that LOAN comes in.

i.e., can I borrow from my AFTER probate stash.

Either way, it still seems odd that she would say she hasn't received a penny from the estate.

Another tribute???

Sounds like something Joe Jackson and the Mayor of Gary "might" have cooked up.

I wonder if the land which was supposed to be transferred to the Jackson Family Foundation was ever transferred. The last I heard, they were waiting for the non-profit to be set up.

They better get moving, ground breaking is supposed to be early next year. LOL!

What does this mean ?

by general rule of thumb

during a probate you can only get court approved allowance from an estate , after the probate you can get your share according to the estate/trust rules.

so nobody should expect to be able to get their share while the estate is still in probate.

Sounds like something Joe Jackson and the Mayor of Gary "might" have cooked up.

I wonder if the land which was supposed to be transferred to the Jackson Family Foundation was ever transferred. The last I heard, they were waiting for the non-profit to be set up.

They better get moving, ground breaking is supposed to be early next year. LOL!

Probably.

I expect them to get the ball rolling as soon as Murray transfers that Half a billion $$ in Joe's account.

what a surprise....

im beyond shocked.......

i would never in my entire life expect the executors of the estate to do anything like this.

what a surprise.....

what a surprise....

well in case people don't remember that Korean newspaper has got an court order to get what the estate is paying Katherine. so the estate might very well be paying to her but she wouldn't get it until the debt to the Korean newspaper is satisfied.

Exactly, funny how they love to pick and choose whatever suits them best.

Probably.

I expect them to get the ball rolling as soon as Murray transfers that Half a billion $$ in Joe's account.

LMAO!! Hilarious!!

what a surprise....

im beyond shocked.......

i would never in my entire life expect the executors of the estate to do anything like this.

what a surprise.....

what a surprise....

Not sure what is to not comprehend. The estate is still in probate, the executers have no control over that. Living expenses are being paid for the children/Havenhurst upkeep, etc., and in the tune of 10's of thousands per month if I recall the amt correctly. Now that does not include Katherine giving Joe anything, so could that be the instigating factor in any of this???? Just wondering-

This article sounds suspect to me! This alone makes this article crap!

Why stage such a thing? Katherine and Joe need the money, according to the family friend. "Katherine told Oprah that she hasn't received a penny from the estate since Michael died," said the source. "What they (lawyers for the estate) have told her is that they have been busy trying to retire some of Michael's massive debt and they have maintained bills at Hayvenhurst and the kids' school." The source said that Janet Jackson has been helping Katherine financially in the mean time.

Last edited:
Katherine and Joe need the money, according to the family friend. "Katherine told Oprah that she hasn't received a penny from the estate since Michael died," said the source. "What they (lawyers for the estate) have told her is that they have been busy trying to retire some of Michael's massive debt and they have maintained bills at Hayvenhurst and the kids' school."

Hmmmmmmmm

Let's see the interview. Let's see if she really said that.

1/ In court papers, he is stated that she received a "loan" (an advance). She has a $26000 family allowance.

Anyway, the south korean newspapers, Segye Times, is after her money.

2/ The Murray hearing is Tuesday, not Monday.

3/ Rebbie and Randy are NOT listed in this event.

So, this article is full or errors.

Yes and thats one of the reason she drop that book never can say goodbye to try to get some money to pay bills I really wish her well big up to Janet for holding down her mother

any excuse for another money making scam. they cant help but air their dirty laundry can they. what a joke they are

sorry but i have to laugh at this article. its the biggest load of B.S ever. either its totally made up or katherine has really lost it and is living in a dream world called denial about the excuses given for what is nothing more than a money making scam and even worse putting some of the blame on mj inrelation to paying off his debts. the whole families life seems to have been like that. with the fake wholesome family image except for the affairs the divorces the dead beats and the list goes one.

regardless of the craziness of the Jackson family and ex- wive's..

Michael's music is what keeps his legacy strong..and not all this crap...

i just feel back for his kids.. and a part of me wish Diana Ross had them...but no family is perfect.. and regardless... the kids are loved..

hate the way MJ is being USED..

So who pays for the bills in that BIG house with all those hungry mouths to feed?????

katherine with the money she gets from the estate in a form of an allowance lol

Back