La Toya Jackson "Home" -NOW AVAILABLE for download

libsta81

Proud Member
According to Bungalow/Universal records La Toya will be releasing a new single from her Startin Over album entitled "Home"...

The song was written in around 2001-2002 as a tribute for her family, she mentions michael especially and refers to him as 'joker' and talks about the love she has for her family and the good times they had growing up...

it is a beautiful song with heart felt lyrics....a fitting tribute to her family!!!...

It will be available for download on the 28th of July 2009, from Itunes stores worldwide. ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF THE SINGLE WILL BE GIVEN TO AIDS PROJECT LA (ONE OF MICHAEL JACKSONS SUPPORTED CHARITIES!)

For those who haven't heard it yet here it is on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP89GN2PusQ

and the official site:
http://www.bungalorecords.com/ (i like the cover art)

Video message about the song from La Toya herself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RnXVL8sxXE

Last edited:
Re: La Toya Jackson to release new single "Home" -Tribute to Michael

Nice song. :)

This is off her unreleased (as of yet) Startin' Over album. :)

Is it possible that I've heard this song a few months ago?

yes it is quite possible! Although the single has never officially been released it was leaked to the Internet in 2007 for a short time and a few ppl were able to get a hold of it. I've had the song on my YouTube page since 2007 so u may have heard it there (although the recently deleted my account so the views have started from scratch). The new version of the song seems slightly reworked though.

She has referred to him as Joker in the past too, even in her words to him on her web page after his death which I read as soon as she had put it there when I happened to be checking out her web page. God bless you, La Toya. I remember Michael saying how he loved you.

Re: La Toya Jackson to release new single "Home" -PROCEEDS FOR MJ CHARITIES

Thank you this is very nice

I truly love this track a great deal.

She did wonderful on it :)

surprisingly ...not so bad :)
(just don't like that cheesy guitar)

It's nice that the single proceeds will go to charity. Have no use for LaToya, though, after her interview. So I dunno....

i actually like this track. which is good - cos la toyas stuff isn't usually.

I kind of miss that brief interlude in the mid-late 90s when we didn't hear about LaToya.

Nice that she made it for Michael... :)

yep i got it this morning at 6! love it. listened to it on a loop while doing the payroll...y r so many suprised that she can actually sing?lol

I think this song is surprisingly decent compared to everything else she's done, but um er I still think she can't sing. It's actually a compliment to the song and the production that they almost managed to hide that fact. But it is a very sweet gesture by La Toya!

Hasn't even broken the Itunes Top 100 :lol: How brilliant of her to be milking her brother's death in order to further her own failed career!

Not gonna lie, the only time I've heard her sing before that I remember is her performing MJ's WBSS on a stage, and at Big Brother or whatever. She sounded horrible, so I never bothered to listen to her music.

This is the first La Toya song I've heard, and it sounds great. Maybe WBSS was just bad for her, or this song was lucky for her, but either way, she picked the right song to sound great on. I think Michael is proud. Loving this song.

Back