Lady in my life

Billie_Jean09

Proud Member
I searched for this but didnt find, so I apologise in advance to mods if this song has already been mentioned/ disected! :doh::wub:

I have recently bought Chris Cadman & Craig Halstead's book ' Michael Jackson- for the record' :D
It's like my bible on MJ songs!

Lady in my life song was apparently rejected by Quincy Jones 12 times, he told MJ to 'beg' for the song!
Michael asked for the lights to be turned off, and curtains between where he stood & recording equiptment to close him off- so he could sing his heart out out in privacy!
What you hear is what is in the grooves! :D

Love love love love looovvvvvveeee this song!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I always picture him behind the curtains in the studio, just pouring his heart and soul out...in a very erotic way...romantic at the same time....I was saying in another thread that this song does something very visceral to me...

Oh, I always picture him behind the curtains in the studio, just pouring his heart and soul out...in a very erotic way...romantic at the same time....I was saying in another thread that this song does something very visceral to me...

:swoon::blush::clap:

That song is perfection!!!

Michael blew it out the water with his vocals, OMG! lol

Mike sang his butt off here. The song is so gorgeous.

yehhhhhh :blush: :heart: it's hot.

such a gorgeous song.. his ad libs..

he sings really passionate

it might have been in moonwalk that i read that quincy didn't like how it sounded at first, & told him to sing like he was begging, so according to michael this is him begging..

...Michael wouldn't need to beg! ;D hah!

I made a comment in the thread ''the way he sings certain parts of songs'' :yes:
I need you by myoowa siiide! de de de de da de de doo!
I wanna touch you baby! :swoon:
All through the niiiiiiiiiiight! :clapping:
And they thought MJ was gay? I mean come on now! Ridiculous or what?
MJ loved ladies! :wub:

ooooh I looove this song!
Oh I wish I was a fly on the wall for this recording :yes:

ooomg!finally there is a thread for this! :) this song and human nature have to be my all time favorite songs. his voice is just unbearably sweet/beautiful/sensual/magical in this song. i dont know how he accomplished putting so many different emotions into this song. i wonder what he was thinking about when he sung this...

^^^ Bwan there was a thread for this song way back in the archives of this forum- before Michael passed. It's definately not a new thread by any means- but alovely one by every means! :) Love reading all your comments!

I don't know if anyone has seen this fan made video before...She did an incredible job with it! Especially the ending..starting at about 2:40...with all the ad libs...like he was really performing it :heart: Just check it out!

I love this song. My all time favorite of Michael's and it has such meaning to me right now :'[

Arklove! I checked it out and.......:wub:
Thanks for posting! :)
Michael sitting beside the log fire after a walk on the beach with his lady! :swoon:
The rest is up to our imaginations! :sideways:
ooo oooh babe!
She's his lady- he is our man!

^^ yeah, isn't it great? It's the closest we'd get to see him singing it live...the parts from the James Brown concert work SO well!

Back