Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I'm really loving the directions were seeing now. Proto-Thriller, Proto-Bad, Proto-Dangerous, and Proto-Invincible. An 80s OTW, a Western, a Bryan Loren album, and a Dr. Freeze production. Fascinating stuff that feels like the wilderness. Fun ways to see how music and creativity evolve. Makes one wonder what he would've eventually decided on post Invincible. Fun Black Eyed Peas esque music, anthemic ballads with Akon, quaint music like I Was The Loser, strong social songs like Hollywood Tonight... And a little bit of every other earlier album theme..so much potential. Who knows what.

I’m seeing a couple people claiming that this leak has likely lost Steve Porcaro thousands, and potentially jeopardized the song’s official release… which is just objectively false. Not only has the estate shown that they have zero issue with packaging leaked music, but does anyone actually think that a low-quality seminar recording will make any impact outside of the core fan base? If anything, I’d argue this leak strengthened the calls to release these songs properly.

The disrespect and breach of trust shown to Steve and Brad is another issue entirely, but the dissemination of MJ’s music in any medium will be controversial, and as such we shouldn’t hold it to the same standard as we did when he was alive.

I’m seeing a couple people claiming that this leak has likely lost Steve Porcaro thousands, and potentially jeopardized the song’s official release… which is just objectively false.
Is it objectively false that it’s likely lost him a lot of money? Will the hype among us superfans (which I think influences society) be the same after the leaks?

From the speculation and revelation of tracks on Thriller 40, many here (at least among those who post) are disappointed with songs leaked for years. Isn’t it likely that by the next release, fans have moved on towards other songs that will be in such high demand?

I guess we’ll learn some of this from how Thriller 40 is received among the public.

Last edited:
Producers/Estate: Don't release anything for almost 10 years.
Producers/Estate: wHy ArE tHe FaNs LeAkInG sOnGs?
That doesn’t excuse fans from stealing songs and leaking them online, especially when you take into account how Michael felt about leaks.
The way I see it, these scummy leakers should face legal ramifications.

Chicago 1945 sounds great. Why was not this released? His voice sounds amazing in it. I think most of us have it already downloaded and stored lol. I am not so big on the other song Dreamer , it is a ballad and it is no She's out of My Life but it is still good to hear songs we have not heard.

I’m seeing a couple people claiming that this leak has likely lost Steve Porcaro thousands, and potentially jeopardized the song’s official release… which is just objectively false. Not only has the estate shown that they have zero issue with packaging leaked music, but does anyone actually think that a low-quality seminar recording will make any impact outside of the core fan base? If anything, I’d argue this leak strengthened the calls to release these songs properly.

The disrespect and breach of trust shown to Steve and Brad is another issue entirely, but the dissemination of MJ’s music in any medium will be controversial, and as such we shouldn’t hold it to the same standard as we did when he was alive.

Yeah I understand it's disrespectful and I don't really condone it, but Damien is really being a drama queen when he says that this will stop the songs being released in the future.

Someone called mysterious Jackson talked about songs like .attitude .fantasy .midnight man .buffalo bill .angel .what lovely way to go

As for the moral scenario of the leaks,

This is not the first time a track has leaked. In fact it's like the 7th or 8th. That's not even mentioning every other little bit of recording session work they play that's now online.

Ghost of Another Lover, Faces, Deep in the Night, Throwing your Life Away, Chicago 1945. All from Sunderberg seminars. This has been happening every way for the last 2 years. They haven't stopped their seminars from what I know and they're not interested in stopping sharing new material. Maybe slowing down. This one is a big deal so we're excited but the issue has been there. And yet, they're still going so it seems that not much will change.

They could always invest in NDAs, Metal Detectors, or some other way to ensure people are held legally responsible. Maybe tracing IP addresses. I had a really good idea of how to dissuade leaking but I forgot it of course. Still, point is there's options. But it's a lotta work and it seems they aren't that fussed about it.

I've always been curious about a song apparently called Soldiers Entrance?

Apparently written and recorded for Invincible?. Does such a song exist?

I’m quite worried about it though. They gave us 3 fake songs, why would they do that?

Why would they include 2 demos of the same song on one album? That's a worse idea than putting CGOOTR on Thriller 40. Besides we already know by the lengths of the songs that it's not a demo of BTM.
Per chance is the length of Sunset Driver different from the UC?

Back