Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I do, very rough demo, babyface does the verses.

Don't know who your "sources" are, but they're wrong.

I can confirm to you the most complete version of the song, is exactly what Damien is describing, doesn't have any lead vocals, phenomenal instrumental though.
So Michael did not sing on the song wiling and waiting at all ?

I've heard from people who heard the song, MJ does sing but Babyface sings for most of it IIRC. The song sounds like a generic R&B song from the 90s.

I can confirm to you the most complete version of the song, is exactly what Damien is describing, doesn't have any lead vocals, phenomenal instrumental though.
You heard Adore You? Was it played to you or is it being traded around? I hope to god it is because that would be the only way any of us would ever get to hear the song lol.

Another question, does it have background vocals/harmonies sung by MJ or is the choir the only vocal in the song?

I did hear it, and no it's not being traded around.
Ah that's too bad. I hope whoever has the song decides to share a snippet one day so the fans can know how it sounds like. Thanks for clarifying.

I've heard from people who heard the song, MJ does sing but Babyface sings for most of it IIRC. The song sounds like a generic R&B song from the 90s.
Brad Sundberg praised 'Willing And Waiting', and it is one of Brad Sundberg's favourite outtakes.

This suggests that 'Willing And Waiting' exists as a complete (vocally and musically) song.

The recording engineer also stated that the song did not eventually make the 'HIStory' album because it was too soft to get included on that aggressive album.

The case of 'Willing And Waiting' is therefore similar to that of the 'On The Line' song (another Babyface-produced outtake from that album which did not eventually make the final track list because of the same reason).

Brad Sundberg praised 'Willing And Waiting', and it is one of Brad Sundberg's favourite outtakes.

This suggests that 'Willing And Waiting' exists as a complete (vocally and musically) song.
How? Just how does that mean the song is complete? It doesn't mean that it's complete he just said that it's one of his favorites, nothing else. Brad Buxer also says that Adore You is one of his favorite outtakes and we're now hearing that it doesn't have vocals. You're simply making an assumption here.

The recording engineer also stated that the song did not eventually make the 'HIStory' album because it was too soft to get included on that aggressive album.

The case of 'Willing And Waiting' is therefore similar to that of the 'On The Line' song (another Babyface-produced outtake from that album which did not eventually make the final track list because of the same reason).
Wiling and waiting with Michael vocals ?

Wrong. I have the song lol, not vocally complete at all (in the sense MJ didn't fully record the song). The music is very rough too.
Not similar to On The Line either.

I spoke to somebody who heard it, and was told that Babyface sings the verses and MJ is buried in the background/chorus vocals.

Was rather confused by this as Tomboy was previously described as having a vocal melody similar to the "I bet you remember" parts of Remember The Time iirc. Guess it's possible Damien just got played an instrumental. Seems we are getting conflicting info on a few tracks this week. First HFITST and now this lol.
more from Damien:

Tomboy, I don't know. I heard a version at the US Copyright Office, but the version I heard was instrumental. It had a VERY "Captain EO" vibe to it, and a melody line in the music strikingly similar to (basically the same as) the "I bet you remember" line in Remember The Time. MJ may have registered the music in 1985 and written the lyrics/recorded later. This is the exact case with Hot Fever. Hot Fever is the complete TWYMMF instrumental, without any lyrics or vocals. Tomboy was registered on the same day as Hot Fever and 3 other songs.

What You Do To Me has lyrics/vocals. It's a mid-tempo love song. Similar breezy vibe to Free and I'm So Blue. Chorus lyrics: "You just don't know, you just don't know, what you do to me, do to me, do to me, do-do-do, do to me."

Has Damien recently heard some of these songs? He seems to be very forthcoming about the songs he's heard.
It's great don't get wrong, but he seems to be contradicting reliable information we have on a lot of these songs (which includes his own information)

I spoke to somebody who heard it, and was told that Babyface sings the verses and MJ is buried in the background/chorus vocals.
This is what i've been told too, and that's what it seems like from what I can hear.

more from Damien:

Tomboy, I don't know. I heard a version at the US Copyright Office, but the version I heard was instrumental. It had a VERY "Captain EO" vibe to it, and a melody line in the music strikingly similar to (basically the same as) the "I bet you remember" line in Remember The Time. MJ may have registered the music in 1985 and written the lyrics/recorded later. This is the exact case with Hot Fever. Hot Fever is the complete TWYMMF instrumental, without any lyrics or vocals. Tomboy was registered on the same day as Hot Fever and 3 other songs.

What You Do To Me has lyrics/vocals. It's a mid-tempo love song. Similar breezy vibe to Free and I'm So Blue. Chorus lyrics: "You just don't know, you just don't know, what you do to me, do to me, do to me, do-do-do, do to me."
But Damien said what u do to me is early demo for the way you love me

But Damien said what u do to me is early demo for the way you love me
He did not say that. Read the full conversation. He said there is What You Do To Me from 1985 with full MJ vocals and completely unrelated song from 1998 registered with the same name which is very early demo of The Way You Love Me with just scratch chorus vocals and no verses.

He did not say that. Read the full conversation. He said there is What You Do To Me from 1985 with full MJ vocals and completely unrelated song from 1998 registered with the same name which is very early demo of The Way You Love Me with just scratch chorus vocals and no verses.
Thank u for explanation because i was very confused

So, “What You Do to Me” from 1998 is just a scratch demo of a son we’ve already heard. Disappointing. With every revelation, the vault shrinks and shrinks.

Can u give me the link

So, “What You Do to Me” from 1998 is just a scratch demo of a son we’ve already heard. Disappointing. With every revelation, the vault shrinks and shrinks.
There is what u do to me 1985 .buffalo bill .Chicago 1945. She's not a girl .rolling the dice .gywoom .turning me off. Crack kills .hot fun in summertime's .cry .tomboy

There is what u do to me 1985 .buffalo bill .Chicago 1945. She's not a girl .rolling the dice .gywoom .turning me off. Crack kills .hot fun in summertime's .cry .tomboy
There’s no evidence “Turning Me Off” or “Cry” have any vocals, unfortunately. Plus, MJ never specified what era he recorded “She’s Not a Girl” during, and as someone who doesn’t have much interest in anything pre-1980, I’m not so sure about that one.

I also don’t care for the Temperton tracks, so “Rolling the Dice” isn’t one I have high expectations for.

Some more info from Damien:

- That: Instrumental
- Jungle: Dr Freeze demo
- Thank Heaven: MJ spoken intro (dedicating the song to "my son Michael Jackson Jr") but the song itself is sung by a woman + choir. Sounds like a lullaby/nursery rhyme
- Rocker: MJ scratch vocals
- Changes: MJ scratch vocals + choir
What does it mean scratch vocals my native language not english

Can someone ask Damien if there's anything from the 2000s that's uptempo and if he can describe anything about it? I'd do it myself but I don't have a Twitter account...

Back