Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

There are conflicting accounts on the state of MJ's Why demo, some have said it only has chorus vocals and nothing more, whilst others have said that he did indeed record the whole song. It is much more likely that only chorus vocals exist in my opinion.
I agree because of the way 3t sings it. I can tell mj sang it 1st & they followed the demo as mj did with marsha on butterflies

With MJ vocals or the voice of Dr.Freeze?

MJ Strong Vocals Not mumbling like other Demos! It was an Uptempo Song. Is someone Here who was also at Brads Seminar in Cologne? It was around June 2015...

Last edited:
MJ Strong Vocals Not mumbling like other Demos! It was an Uptempo Song. Is someone Here who was also at Brads Seminar in Cologne? It was around June 2015...
Awesome. Do you remember any lyrics? Hopefully we all can hear it in near future

So I made a list of songs that could be released. Do we know more?

Can’t Get Your Weight Off Of Me
- Invincible Outtake
- vocally and musically finished
- collaboration between MJ and Rodney Jerkins
- short snippets leaked

If You Don’t Love Me
- Dangerous Outtake
- fully finished
- leaked years ago

Lovely Way
- Off the Wall Outtake
- was reworked in 2010 for „Michael“ by Mark Ranson - so it is at least complete enough for a release
- short snippet leaked

Turning Me Off
- Bad(?) Outtake
- was seen in the XSCAPE documentary (I can’t find the screenshot anymore)
- so it’s pretty safe to say that it is complete enough for a release

Throwin Your Life Away
- Dangerous Outtake
- early version leaked (some mumbling)
- was reworked in 2008/09 with Neff-U
- the reworked version is vocally finished (80s vocals)
- was considered for „Michael“

Buffalo Bill
- Victory/Bad Outtake
- apparently complete (enough)
- has someone more informations?

Chicago 1945
- Bad Outtake
- fully finished
- was considered for XSCAPE but Steve Porcaro (writer) didn’t have the Estate the permission for a remix
- doubtful if we will ever get that one

What You Do To Me
- Bad Outtake
- apparently vocally complete (enough)
- reworked in 2008/09 with Neff-U
- in the vein of Fly Away and Loving You

Hot Fun In The Summertime
- Dangerous Outtake
- only MJ chorus vocals
- was considered for XSCAPE (Duet with popular singers)

Other songs:
- Adore You
- Rocker
- Remember What I Told You
=> recorded between 1998 and 2008
=> apparently vocally complete enough
Does anyone have more informations?

Do we know anything about Tomboy, What’s Your Life, That, Thank Heaven, We are the Ones, Under Your Skin, Thank you For Life, Why Can’t I Be, Saturday Women ...

Please feel free to correct me and / or add informations :)

“Throwing your life away” got leaked yesterday. But it’s low quality.

mjfan_93;4295453 said:

- Invincible Outtake
- short snippets leaked

If You Don’t Love Me
- Dangerous Outtake
- fully finished
- leaked years ago

Lovely Way
- Off the Wall Outtake
- was reworked in 2010 for „Michael“ by Mark Ranson - so it is at least complete enough for a release
- short snippet leaked

Turning Me Off
- Bad(?) Outtake

Throwin Your Life Away
- Dangerous Outtake

Buffalo Bill
- Victory/Bad Outtake

Chicago 1945
- Bad Outtake
- fully finished
- was considered for XSCAPE but Steve Porcaro (writer) didn’t have the Estate the permission for a remix

What You Do To Me
- Bad Outtake

- Dangerous Outtake
- only MJ chorus vocals

Other songs:
- Adore You
- Rocker

Do we know anything about Tomboy, What’s Your Life, That, Thank Heaven, We are the Ones, Under Your Skin, Thank you For Life, Why Can’t I Be, Saturday Women ...

Why are you not including songs such as She Got It, Serious Effect, Work That Body?

Add Alright Now and Joy to the list. I would even say add Groove Of Midnight.

Themidwestcowboy;4295460 said:
Why are you not including songs such as She Got It, Serious Effect, Work That Body?

Add Alright Now and Joy to the list. I would even say add Groove Of Midnight.
Bryan Loren said that the Estate hasn’t contacted him in all that time. So I don’t know if they will use his songs. But yeah I should add it. Thanks

Alright Now? Never heard before

mjfan_93;4295461 said:
Bryan Loren said that the Estate hasn’t contacted him in all that time. So I don’t know if they will use his songs. But yeah I should add it. Thanks

Alright Now? Never heard before

https://youtu.be/CjCDaHe0hG8

“Alright Now” Written and first recorded by Michael Jackson in 1985. Later given to Ralph Tresvant for his eponymous debut album. This has also been confirmed by John Barnes.

Also a solo version of Eaten Alive exists.

mjfan_93;4295453 said:

- Invincible Outtake
- short snippets leaked

If You Don’t Love Me
- Dangerous Outtake
- fully finished
- leaked years ago

Lovely Way
- Off the Wall Outtake
- short snippet leaked

Turning Me Off
- Bad(?) Outtake

Throwin Your Life Away
- Dangerous Outtake

Buffalo Bill
- Victory/Bad Outtake

Chicago 1945
- Bad Outtake
- fully finished

What You Do To Me
- Bad Outtake

- Dangerous Outtake
- only MJ chorus vocals

Other songs:
- Adore You
- Rocker

you can add also:
"Serious Effect" and "Truth about Youth".
Both songs are vocally complete AND feat. LL Cool J - recorded for the Dangerous Album (1990-1991).

"Truth about Youth" is slightly over 5mins long.
Just like "Serious Effect".

Last edited:
and Ghost Another of Lover ? I already heard it, it was an incredible demo, someone has info?

7 Digits we only know the snippet from Shana Mangatal so far. I wish she would s´just leak it but she wont. She wants to stay relevant too.

Some new info from today's Zoom call with Brad Buxer and Michael Prince:

"Rich Girl" was recorded around the time Michael got with Lisa-Marie Presley, i.e. 1993-94 (depending on whether "got with" defines their dating relationship or their marriage). It's not finished, but it's "far along" (which could mean anything in Michael Jackson world).

There are two songs called "Colorblind." One is a cover worked on with Michael Prince (though I don't recall the original artist), the other was done with Brad and given to Rodney Jerkins. No clue on their completion.

(Sadly I wasn't able to attend the call, so this info comes from a friend who did!)

EDIT: Brad said “Colorblind” wasn’t complete vocally when he worked on it, but that he has no idea what MJ did with it once it was handed over to Rodney.

Last edited:
Themidwestcowboy;4295470 said:
https://youtu.be/CjCDaHe0hG8

“Alright Now” Written and first recorded by Michael Jackson in 1985. Later given to Ralph Tresvant for his eponymous debut album. This has also been confirmed by John Barnes.

Also a solo version of Eaten Alive exists.
Michael is ALL OVER that song. I pray to god before I die I hear his version & his versions to joy & why!

AlwaysThere;4295593 said:
Some new info from today's Zoom call with Brad Buxer and Michael Prince:

"Rich Girl" was recorded around the time Michael got with Lisa-Marie Presley, i.e. 1993-94 (depending on whether "got with" defines their dating relationship or their marriage). It's not finished, but it's "far along" (which could mean anything in Michael Jackson world).

There are two songs called "Colorblind." One is a cover worked on with Michael Prince (though I don't recall the original artist), the other was done with Brad and given to Rodney Jerkins. No clue on their completion.

(Sadly I wasn't able to attend the call, so this info comes from a friend who did!)

EDIT: Brad said “Colorblind” wasn’t complete vocally when he worked on it, but that he has no idea what MJ did with it once it was handed over to Rodney.
Wow. Was there any talk about other unreleased tracks? Like Adore You, Rocker ...

He sing it with angry voice like Al Capone ??

So "Chicago 45" and "throwing your life away" are supposedly 100% vocally completed in all aspects. What are the sources? Is there more or is this it?
In one of his seminars (in 2014), Brad Sundberg invited Steve Porcaro as a special guest.

Steve Porcaro also spoke about the 'Chicago 1945' song.

Fans who were there they later shared some things about this song.

'Chicago 1945' is in a releasable state of completion, musically and vocally.

'Chicago 1945' musically resembles the 'Behind The Mask' song.

'Chicago 1945' has a catchy hook.

I remember someone on here mentioning they couldn't compare Chicago 1945 to anything else in Mike's catalogue. The closest thing it resembled was Behind The Mask they said, also they had the hook "never to be found again, never to be found again" stuck in their head for days afterwards

Years ago, Michael and I wrote a song called “Chicago 1945,” I did the music and Michael the lyrics. He recorded the song twice but never put it on an album. The instruments were played in a constant rhythm in the 16th note, which was called “Yada.” When I explained this to Michael, he liked it so much he gave me that nickname.

'Chicago 1945' is in a releasable state of completion, musically and vocally.

'Chicago 1945' musically resembles the 'Behind The Mask' song.

'Chicago 1945' has a catchy hook.
Let me add some more info:

‘Chicago 1945’ is a song written by Michael Jackson and Steve Porcaro.

’Chicago 1945‘ was recorded in 1984.

’Chicago 1945’ was intended for a release on Michael Jackson’s posthumously released ‘Xscape’ album.

Let me add some more info:

‘Chicago 1945’ is a song written by Michael Jackson and Steve Porcaro.

’Chicago 1945‘ was recorded in 1984.

’Chicago 1945’ was intended for a release on Michael Jackson’s posthumously released ‘Xscape’ album.
To add to this, the lyrics we have so far are:

"It was Chicago, 1945…
Three girls disappeared on a cold windy night,
never to be found again, never to be found again!"

“Who solved the mystery late Chicago night?
Ya can’t hide the truth so won’t ya turn on the light?”

"NOBODY CARES! On the cover of the Chicago Tribune, pictures of the world's fair."

“Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!
Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!”

To add to this, the lyrics we have so far are:

"It was Chicago, 1945…
Three girls disappeared on a cold windy night,
never to be found again, never to be found again!"

“Who solved the mystery late Chicago night?
Ya can’t hide the truth so won’t ya turn on the light?”

"NOBODY CARES! On the cover of the Chicago Tribune, pictures of the world's fair."

“Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!

Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!”
Imagine this also dropping along with some new anticipated old Chicago gangster movie/TV show and they use this as the opening theme/intro for it, or something like this

I heard Jungle By my own ears!!! Its complete and reminds me on Tabloid Junkie.
It was in Cologne at a Seminar. Trust me it was a complete Song. 100% release able!
Really u heard it ?

Yes, i was not alone there was many other Fans in the Dirks Studio (near Cologne) Prince Michael, Brad Buxer and the Money Guy was there
But someone called MJ frenzy said jungle it's not finished song what's your opinion can u talk about it please
Elliot Straite worked with Michael Jackson on about 5-6 songs, but they focused on only 3 of them (i.e., 'Break Of Dawn', 'A Place With No Name' and 'Blue Gangsta').

Note that if 'Jungle City' was complete and releasable, then the Estate would have released it after Michael Jackson's death.

Instead, they posthumously released 'A Place With No Name' and 'Blue Gangsta', which clearly suggests that 'Jungle City' is a incomplete song in terms of vocals.

Last edited:
But someone called MJ frenzy said jungle it's not finished song what's your opinion can u talk about it please
Elliot Straite worked with Michael Jackson on about 5-6 songs, but they focused on only 3 of them (i.e., 'Break Of Dawn', 'A Place With No Name' and 'Blue Gangsta').

Note that if 'Jungle City' was complete and releasable, then the Estate would have released it after Michael Jackson's death.

Instead, they posthumously released 'A Place With No Name' and 'Blue Gangsta', which clearly suggests that 'Jungle City' is a incomplete song in terms of vocals.
edit: i'm wrong

Last edited:
Back