Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I heard a long time ago that there was a snippet of Turnin' Me Off that was leaked but it got lost when the video was deleted, does anyone know something about it? Jamon Bull from the MJCast said he heard it and said it was a "funky 80's toon" or something like that so maybe it isn't fake.

I love Willing & Waiting, but it wouldn’t have fit thematically on HIStory. You Are Not Alone at least could be interpreted as an ode to somebody who passed away; W&W is an out-and-out love song and it just doesn’t really work in my opinion.

This version of Streetwalker is so much more exciting than the 2001 special edition version. I can see how Mike was really fond of it and thought it had potential.
This recent leaked version is dated to 10/27/1986. I assume it's a from scratch recreated Westlake version with guide vocals. Unfortunately its final 1987 mix remains unreleased/unleaked.😕

This recent leaked version is dated to 10/27/1986. I assume it's a from scratch recreated Westlake version with guide vocals. Unfortunately its final 1987 mix remains unreleased/unleaked.😕
Yes. Don’t think it’s a Hayvenhurst demo, Michael talks to Bruce at the end.

This version of Streetwalker is so much more exciting than the 2001 special edition version. I can see how Mike was really fond of it and thought it had potential

It's interesting that there were songs being configured at such an early stage, it makes you think I wonder if Michael ever considered making Decade?

Surely Turnin' Me Off has some vocals, if if was started during the Bad era and brought back in the Dangerous era. The Choice is an interesting title
A source close to me says that Turning Me Off only has a chorus - even after being revisited for Dangerous. Also, I know that the tape lists the scratch vox (or at least the mix) as October '86, but the track itself dates all the way back to January of that year.

In the last three months, we’ve learned the titles of three tracks (“Dream Away,” “The Choice,” and “Garbage”) dating as far back as 1982.

Regardless of their state of completion, this leak has furthered my belief that the vault is far deeper than any of us would be led to think. It’s insane that we’re STILL learning about songs over a decade after MJ’s death.

In the last three months, we’ve learned the titles of three tracks (“Dream Away,” “The Choice,” and “Garbage”) dating as far back as 1982.

Regardless of their state of completion, this leak has furthered my belief that the vault is far deeper than any of us would be led to think. It’s insane that we’re STILL learning about songs over a decade after MJ’s death.
It sure gives hope.

I wonder what differences were made on that Westlake version, I doubt it's as funky as this version. More lyrics maybe?

I'd love to hear a Westlake version of Streetwalker, Price Of Fame and Cheater. Those demo's had so much potential

Just a note on the Streetwalker demo:

Anyone notice how MJ uses the "I wrote a letter for the CIA" line that was later used in Cheater as "I wrote a letter to the ghetto of the CIA".
Quite interesting.
It was the thing that jumped out at me on first listen. Perhaps MJ was still playing around with Cheater?

Can anyone share here (or on a private message) the link to the torrent? Thanks a lot!

Everything about 'Streetwalker' sounds so 80's to me, I can't imagine it being a hit in later years; however much contemporized. I think he missed the boat by not releasing it as an unreleased gem sooner

The full instrumentals for "In The Closet," "Smooth Criminal," and "The Way You Make Me Feel" also leaked alongisde them, as well as their acapellas. ITC is particularly special because it's the album mix, not any of the Future Records mixes that leaked before it.
Wasn't TWYMMF released on a 3" CD single?

And that's not counting the song titles that we've already known for years, who could've predicted that Who Do You Know which for 40 years was just a title with no info on it was actually a vocally complete, releasable song? Maybe there are more unknown titles like that.

So it seems the "Holy Grail" Buffalo Bill still not leaked. I wouldn't think Brad would have that anyways.
Ever since the 1990s there's such a mystery and hype about the so called "ABC's" (Al Capone, Buffalo Bill & Chicago 1945 ).

If C45 should appear on the next album/single/EP project, I wish they would release also an untouched version of it. Same with BB, of course.

So it seems the "Holy Grail" Buffalo Bill still not leaked. I wouldn't think Brad would have that anyways.
Will we ever hear it? Who could have a copy? Maybe the master is gone? MJ wasn't exactly known for keeping track of his music, he even lost the DAT tape created by Teddy Riley that had a lot of Dangerous instrumentals on it. Matt Forger even said they had to recreate BOTDF because they had lost the multitrack.

Will we ever hear it? Who could have a copy? Maybe the master is gone? MJ wasn't exactly known for keeping track of his music, he even lost the DAT tape created by Teddy Riley that had a lot of Dangerous instrumentals on it. Matt Forger even said they had to recreate BOTDF because they had lost the multitrack.
Don't think the master is gone. I think the Estate has it. Just holding on to it.

Back