Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

So how far was 'Willing & Waiting'? According to this wiki it was further developed than most demo's, but then again it still lacked lead vocals..? Has anyone ever heard any MJ vocals of 'Willing & Waiting'?

'Despite being referred to as a demo, the song was quite developed with background vocals, polished instrumentation and completed lyrics - "record ready", in a sense' https://michael-jackson.fandom.com/wiki/Willing_And_Waiting

Willing & Waiting sounds like a song I've heard before. I feel like this was released by someone else.

I don't know if someone already shared it. this article talks about W&W. it's a great read.

One track entitled Willing And Waiting was presented to Michael for possible inclusion on the album. Babyface was involved heavily in the production of the track and recorded a somewhat Jackson inspired vocal guide. The song was developed quite extensively for a demo, featuring background vocals, polished instrumentation and completed lyrically. Hoffman notes the high caliber of the demos as possibly being somewhat of a deterrent for Michael to record the tracks for himself, “They were done so well, I’m sure it had to have been in Michael’s head ‘Well what do I do with that? I can’t change that, that sounds amazing”. Babyface’s demos were so good that Michael couldn’t hear himself in it.” One could see how the song would have been an appealing choice for Michael; it features a catchy melody and is commercially accessible. The tone of the track, however, contrasts quite considerably with the musical and lyrical content of the completed album. As Sundburg notes, “A very pretty song — but I think Michael was looking to push things pretty hard on HIStory, Willing and Waiting was maybe a bit softer than the direction he was going.”

So how far was 'Willing & Waiting'? According to this wiki it was further developed than most demo's, but then again it still lacked lead vocals..? Has anyone ever heard any MJ vocals of 'Willing & Waiting'?

'Despite being referred to as a demo, the song was quite developed with background vocals, polished instrumentation and completed lyrics - "record ready", in a sense' https://michael-jackson.fandom.com/wiki/Willing_And_Waiting
Don't trust wikias, a lot of it is filled with misleading info.

Am I right in saying that the Keep The Faith version in the leak is the original version that MJ's voice broke trying to sing at some point and he decided to sing it lower?
I think so mate. It certainly fits with the description John Cameron gave, in his Dangerous documentary. John was right I was surprised Mike could still sing that high at like 32/33 years old

Don't trust wikias, a lot of it is filled with misleading info.
Yes, true! But what I don't really understand is why was 'Willing & Waiting' on Brad's HD if MJ never did anything significant with it, is a writer's demo interesting enough for a seminar..?

Yes, true! But what I don't really understand is why was 'Willing & Waiting' on Brad's HD if MJ never did anything significant with it, is a writer's demo interesting enough for a seminar..?
He also had miscellaneous instrumentals (“The Verdict,” “Superfly Sister”) on there. Seems like just a fun little peek into what could’ve been.

It's a music seminar, of course some "music" is interesting. Brad's entire playlist is interesting lol.

Wish I could get paid to hold the aux cord

Imagine if this literally took place in chicago lmao

thinking more about this now, the demos of smooth criminal and speed demon could also leak, the slow intro of twymmf and possibly the jimmy smith keyboard solo from Bad
What's this about JS keyboard solo from Bad? What's this about?

It's a music seminar, of course some "music" is interesting. Brad's entire playlist is interesting lol.

Wish I could get paid to hold the aux cord
:) I never been to a seminar like this before, I assumed he would only play MJ-stuff. I wouldn't care to hear a writer's demo for that money tbh

They probably are, notice how the version of What About Us that surfaced is the shortened one while the full version is 2:37 minutes long.

That's the length it is in the leak, Brad edited it down into a file with other Earth Song related stuff.

Back