Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Another reason to believe why it might be fake is because neither Fred or Rodney remembered working on Chicago 1945.
“Get Your Weight Off Me” might be the last unreleased Darkchild song left with completed vocals. As far as I’m aware there’s not much else from those sessions that’s left, aside from the LaShawn Daniels demos from 1999.

“Get Your Weight Off Me” might be the last unreleased Darkchild song left with completed vocals. As far as I’m aware there’s not much else from those sessions that’s left, aside from the LaShawn Daniels demos from 1999.
That'd be a bit disappointing if that's the case, I'm hoping there's at least one other Darkchild track in a releasable state. Didn't Darkchild make around 20 demos for MJ? It's possible that there's at least one other song MJ put vocals for.

Michael Prince Durham says Rodney Jerkins and MJ have done 14 songs together. I hope they are all complete.
He did mention in his MJ Cast Interview that there are a couple songs with Darkchild that only have chorus vocals. He didn’t give any examples of which ones though, and I wonder if it’s just LaShawn Daniels since he does sing the chorus on a couple of the Darkchild tracks.

He did mention in his MJ Cast Interview that there are a couple songs with Darkchild that only have chorus vocals. He didn’t give any examples of which ones though, and I wonder if it’s just LaShawn Daniels since he does sing the chorus on a couple of the Darkchild tracks.
So among the 14 songs, there would be songs that only have a chorus?
He also clarified that MJ had 15 songs before Rodney Jerkins joined the project.

So among the 14 songs, there would be songs that only have a chorus?
He also clarified that MJ had 15 songs before Rodney Jerkins joined the project.
I think he is, but I’m not entirely sure. But considering 8 Darkchild tracks have had an official release, and only 1 more is confirmed to have full vocals (gywoom), I wouldn’t be surprised if what’s left is mostly incomplete.

There is another song co-written by MJ and Darkchild that was recorded on March 30, 2001- “The girl that got away”

And it’s possible that “Rampage” and the track that evolved into “It’s Not Worth It“ have some MJ vocals, just not sure how complete they are.

It's pretty accurate! Do you have a source for this? Do you have more details?
Yes! this song was registered with the US Copyright Office, recording date is 30/03/2001. Written by MJ and Rodney Jerkins.
Screenshot-2023-02-02-19-36-19-10-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

No source, made up lol. There is a composition called "the girl that got away" that was copyrighted. But it is most likely the girl sample in "Xscape".
That can't be true, the girl sample in Xscape had to be from 1999. The recording date for "The girl that got away" is 2001.

Yes! this song was registered with the US Copyright Office, recording date is 30/03/2001. Written by MJ and Rodney Jerkins.
Screenshot-2023-02-02-19-36-19-10-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Someone should ask Damien if he's heard this and if he has additional info! "Unbreakable" and "Threatened" were worked on around the same time as this song

I was wondering recently, MJ spent 2.5 years working with Rodney Jerkins! Do you guys still believe there's only 12-20 demos they produced together?

I mean, the Xscape original version was completed after the release of Invincible, in 2002.

So they started working in 1999 and ended in 2002...

I feel there must be more outtakes from the invincible album itself!

Also in the ending of a live video
The partner was leaving the video live because of his baby, so Rodney sarcastically said there are 30 demos! You can't leave the live now! ...

Back