Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I went back to the snippet Korgnex posted of Family Thing and he pinned a comment asking if it's Bryan Loren's version so I guess that it's confirmation that it is indeed

I'm sorry but, the more Bryan Loren songs get leaked the more I see why he got replaced with Teddy Riley, most of his songs are garbage. There are a few gems from his sessions (like Serious Effect, Man In Black and To Satisfy You) but the rest of his songs are either subpar or really awful. Don't Believe It, The Verdict, his version of Family Thing are trash and although I wouldn't call She Got It and Work That Body awful they sound pretty weak imo. It's no wonder MJ barely used any of his songs.

I went back to the snippet Korgnex posted of Family Thing and he pinned a comment asking if it's Bryan Loren's version so I guess that it's confirmation that it is indeed

I'm sorry but, the more Bryan Loren songs get leaked the more I see why he got replaced with Teddy Riley, most of his songs are garbage. There are a few gems from his sessions (like Serious Effect, Man In Black and To Satisfy You) but the rest of his songs are either subpar or really awful. Don't Believe It, The Verdict, his version of Family Thing are trash and although I wouldn't call She Got It and Work That Body awful they sound pretty weak imo. It's no wonder MJ barely used any of his songs.
I'm not even sure how they got connected in the first place. I really don't know any Loren productions off hand prior to him working with MJ.

Teddy Riley already had a bunch of hits prior to working with MJ. Riley's productions were just on another level compared to Loren.

Speaking of Teddy Riley, it really never gets brought up how he worked with The Jacksons on 2300 Jackson Street album prior to hooking with MJ on the Dangerous album.

I'm not even sure how they got connected in the first place. I really don't know any Loren productions off hand prior to him working with MJ.

Teddy Riley already had a bunch of hits prior to working with MJ. Riley's productions were just on another level compared to Loren.

Speaking of Teddy Riley, it really never gets brought up how he worked with The Jacksons on 2300 Jackson Street album prior to hooking with MJ on the Dangerous album.
He most likely got connected with MJ through Janet, who he'd previously worked with a year before he was hired. After all, who'd be more suited for the job of re-creating the sound of Rhythm Nation than someone who previously submitted a song for that album?

bruh Work That Body is a banger song but She Got It sounds really unfinished. plus i heard michael didn't even like To Satisfy You (although i love that song but still). Teddy Riley's productions imo are much more hard-hitting and modern for 1991. actually i can even imagine the sounds of Dangerous being made today. like for example Finesse by Bruno Mars (2016) sounds a LOT like remember the time, proof that the sound of Dangerous continues to weave its way into new generations. Bryan Loren on the other hand has productions that have aged with time, especially for songs like Work That Body. to me that song could've ONLY been made in 1990. 😭 plusit sounds hella similar to Do the Bartman, which Michael and Loren worked on together. a lot of them do actually

It's sad because I really like his instrumental work, and yet his lyrical ability leaves a lot to be desired.

That's what I mean, a version with MJ doesn't exist.

John Barnes posted on the MJArchives Facebook group that the song was recorded in 1985.
He said Make or Break was 85 and had incomplete vocals the he mentioned Alright Now is much older than Make or Break. Someone asked him and I think he said 83 or 84 but it’s Victory

He said Make or Break was 85 and had incomplete vocals the he mentioned Alright Now is much older than Make or Break. Someone asked him and I think he said 83 or 84 but it’s Victory
Did Michael Jackson recorded alright now

Even Serious Effect (which Imo is the best Loren track) pales in comparison to the Teddy Riley tracks on Dangerous

Oh was it? I saw the screenshot a long time ago so I must be misremembering.

Btw speaking of Teddy Riley do we know if these titles from Invincible are real for certain? I couldn't find evidence anywhere that they do.

Belong 2
Can I Live
On My Anger
Vibratonist

Btw speaking of Teddy Riley do we know if these titles from Invincible are real for certain? I couldn't find evidence anywhere that they do.

Belong 2
Can I Live
On My Anger
Vibratonist
"On My Anger" was mentioned in Joe Vogel's book "Man In The Music". About the rest of the titles I don't have any clue, though I've seen "Belong 2" being rumored since the early 2000s.

"On My Anger" was mentioned in Joe Vogel's book "Man In The Music". About the rest of the titles I don't have any clue, though I've seen "Belong 2" being rumored since the early 2000s.
I went back to that part of that book and you're right, I wonder what state the song is in and if it's releasable.
"Here, outside the purview of record executives, they began working on a handful of tracks, including “Heaven Can Wait,” “On My Anger,” “Don’t Walk Away,” and “Whatever Happens.”

I kind of dig the raw funk the Loren tracks had, they feel in the same vein as Cheater.
Although none of them are as hard hitting or memorable as Teddy's tracks

Man In Black fascinates me though, from what we've heard it's a solid groove with tons of funk

What they said about on my anger in joe vogel

Oh was it? I saw the screenshot a long time ago so I must be misremembering.

“Make or Break didn't make Bad. Alright now was recorded by Ralph Tresvant. It is even older than Make or Break. Buffalo Bill is great but has never been completely finished. I love that piece and I would love to help finish it. Buffalo Bill along with several others were set aside from the Victory album and held for consideration to be included on Bad.” - John Barnes

I can’t find the other response but he mentioned Alright Now being recorded somewhere around Victory

Belong 2
Can I Live
On My Anger
Vibratonist
I get the impression that Joe Vogel didn’t have as many resources for the Invincible sessions as he did for Bad and Dangerous, because there’s a lot of guesswork in the latter chapters.

Those four songs have been rumored for years, but there’s no evidence they exist.

Back