Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

The songs that Pharrell Williams submitted to Michael Jackson were mostly nothing special or mind-blowing, and certain of them did not really suit him vocally.

For example, the 'Senorita' song lacks a strong melody, and it is also lyrically very shallow.

Or, the 'Take It From Here' boring ballad (the listener almost falls asleep while listening to it).

Or, the 'Nothing Else' mediocre song, which is a song that vocally suits better the Australian singer Darren Hayes, rather than Michael Jackson.

But, the 'I Don't Know' song (which ended up on Usher's album) appeared to be a missed opportunity for Michael Jackson, and it also would have fitted his 'Invincible' album.

Ironically I don't know about the song "I Don't Know" being suitable for Michael either. The beat is hot, but the melody is all over the place and the song in general has little to no direction.

Most Usher songs are like this to me though, there's a great idea in there but it's got no direction and becomes tiresome after 3 minutes.

Their bridges are crazy. Their choruses and lyrics leave a lot to be desired though.
Nobody is saying Justin Timberlake is a musical genius. The lyrics are outright juvenile at times, that much is true.

They are catchy songs with good production that has aged reasonably well. And I'll take these "boring" ballads over certain users "boring" sermons opinionating on them.

And certainly in the right hands, they are far more capable songs to be added to MJ's catalogue. Maybe not as his new and only sound, but certainly some of the best songs among them wouldn't have hurt.

Nobody is saying Justin Timberlake is a musical genius. The lyrics are outright juvenile at times, that much is true.

They are catchy songs with good production that has aged reasonably well. And I'll take these "boring" ballads over certain users "boring" sermons opinionating on them.

And certainly in the right hands, they are far more capable songs to be added to MJ's catalogue. Maybe not as his new and only sound, but certainly some of the best songs among them wouldn't have hurt.
I’m not saying otherwise! I honestly think JT is the closest we’ve had to MJ in terms of a 21st century pop artist who does legitimately unique and interesting, boundary pushing things. He’s nowhere near MJ’s level, but he definitely contributes more than most other pop artists.

I still don’t hear it. That mashup doesn’t work at all to me; the original YRMW beat is better. But I’ve always been a loner when it comes to disliking Pharrell/the Neptunes lol.

I’m not saying otherwise! I honestly think JT is the closest we’ve had to MJ in terms of a 21st century pop artist who does legitimately unique and interesting, boundary pushing things. He’s nowhere near MJ’s level, but he definitely contributes more than most other pop artists.

I still don’t hear it. That mashup doesn’t work at all to me; the original YRMW beat is better. But I’ve always been a loner when it comes to disliking Pharrell/the Neptunes lol.
Well he's had his very high highs, and his lows lol, JT I mean. As all we JTs do

It's not a seamless mashup, but MJ just sounds at ease over any uptempo to me. It would be a great floor buster. I would not fault anyone preferring YRMW though.

And I have heard a lot of Neptune's production that does sound just like this, so I do understand how "samey" it might be to some. Babyface, even TLC. It was everywhere back then.

My favorite song by Justin Timberlake, and it's not really well-known. Maybe it's weak lyrically, but the bridge, the strings, the outro, I never get tired of this song. If only MJ was able to do his thing on this.

And we have 6 names of Rodney Jerkins tracks : Get your weight off of me, Kick it, The Pain, Pressure, Get Around, Maybe we can do it (with P Diddy)
Some are rumored to have be rework for a new album in 2002/2003.

If the Estate mentions "half of a dozen tracks", it looks like the Rodney Jerkins reworks of Chicago 1945, Cheater and Get Around don't exist
Supposedly Rampage and the track that evolved into It’s Not Worth It were worked on with MJ in 1999. They might not be in a releasable state though. Also, Get Around is from the Bad sessions, not Invincible.

Well he's had his very high highs, and his lows lol, JT I mean. As all we JTs do

It's not a seamless mashup, but MJ just sounds at ease over any uptempo to me. It would be a great floor buster. I would not fault anyone preferring YRMW though.

And I have heard a lot of Neptune's production that does sound just like this, so I do understand how "samey" it might be to some. Babyface, even TLC. It was everywhere back then.
YRMW and Rock Your Body are so similar (Rock Your Body is a slightly better song Imo) that I wonder how much chart success Rock Your Body would have had if MJ sang it.

Question, does the 1987 version of Streetwalker have a fade out? or does it have an outro

Do we have a list of unreleased songs from Invincible that we know for certain exists? The only ones I managed to find were:

That
Bio
What You Do To Me/Hanson
The Girl That Got Away
Blue Powder
Monster
Jungle City
Rampage
Ekam Satyam
Shut Up And Dance
Thank Heaven
GYWOOM
I Have This Dream (1999)

Last edited:
Do we have a list of unreleased songs from Invincible that we know for certain exists? The only ones I managed to find were:

That
Bio
What You Do To Me/Hanson
The Girl That Got Away
Blue Powder
Monster
Shut Up And Dance
Thank Heaven
GYWOOM
I Have This Dream (1999)
Also "Rampage", "Jungle City" / "Jungle" (IDK if they are the same song), "The Pain", "Pressure", "It's Not Worth It" (Michael's original version), "Maybe We Can Do It", "Kick It", the reworks of "Chicago 1945", "Cheater" and "Get Around", "Rise Above It All", "Ekan Satyam (The One Truth)".

Also "Rampage", "Jungle City" / "Jungle" (IDK if they are the same song), "The Pain", "Pressure", "It's Not Worth It" (Michael's original version), "Maybe We Can Do It", "Kick It", the reworks of "Chicago 1945", "Cheater" and "Get Around", "Rise Above It All", "Ekan Satyam (The One Truth)".
Oh yeah I forgot about Ekam Satyam and Rampage, thanks! We don't know for certain if the songs listed on Rodney's page were real since GYWOOM/Rampage weren't mentioned and both Rodney and Fred didn't remember working on Chicago 1945. Damien is also uncertain of Rise Above It All existing.

That
Bio
What You Do To Me/Hanson
The Girl That Got Away
Blue Powder
Monster
Jungle City
Rampage
Ekam Satyam
Shut Up And Dance
Thank Heaven
GYWOOM
I Have This Dream (1999)
“The Girl That Got Away” likely isn’t a song, as someone pointed out, but the female voice interlude from “Escape.”

“Powder Blue” is a song by Geary Hearne, with which Brad Buxer helped. MJ had no involvement.

“Rampage” was never confirmed to have been worked on, or submitted to, MJ. It was just a beat Rodney had prepped that, so far as we know, died before it ever made it to the studio.
”Jungle City” and “Jungle” are the same.

Oh yeah I forgot about Ekam Satyam and Rampage, thanks! We don't know for certain if the songs listed on Rodney's page were real since GYWOOM/Rampage weren't mentioned and both Rodney and Fred didn't remember working on Chicago 1945. Damien is also uncertain of Rise Above It All existing.
Well, "Rise Above It All" was mention by Dr. Freeze in an interview done by some french fans in 2011.
Q: In fact, it would be easier if you give us some names...Could you give us the name of an unreleased track that you particularly marked and talk a little?

F: There's a song we made together, but I do not know if he has completed his vocal parts. It's called "Rise Above It All". It's a song I wrote and on which we worked.

Q: What was it about?

F: It's an upbeat song. If you feel bad, if things are going wrong in the world, be positive and try to be as happy as possible, leaving aside all the negative things. Overcome negativity, go beyond the woes of the world, all wars, the starving children and all the bad things. Assemble yourselves, hold your hand, raise your hands to heaven and pass it all. It's a little theme song. I can not say whether he had recorded the song, but in any case, we worked on it. There are other songs on which they collaborated. Most of these songs are mid-tempo, but I can not say anything more.

That
Bio
What You Do To Me/Hanson
The Girl That Got Away
Blue Powder
Monster
Jungle City
Rampage
Ekam Satyam
Shut Up And Dance
Thank Heaven
GYWOOM
I Have This Dream (1999)
The ones I’ve been able to pin down are:

“A Place with No Name”
“Another Day”
“Apocalypse Now”
“Beautiful Girl”
“Bio”
“Blue Gangsta”
“Colorblind”
“Ekam Satyam”
“Escape”
“Fall Again”
“Get Your Weight Off of Me”
“Hollywood Tonight”
“I Have This Dream”
“I Love You More”
“Jungle”
“Monster”
“Oh Yeah”
“One More Chance”
“People of the World”
“Rise Above It All”
“She Was Lovin’ Me”
“Shout”
“Shut Up and Dance”
“That”
“The Way You Love Me”
“We’ve Had Enough”

I know there are a handful of rumored Darkchild titles, but for several reasons I’ve never been wholly confident in their existence/relation to MJ, so I’ve excluded them.

“The Girl That Got Away” likely isn’t a song, as someone pointed out, but the female voice interlude from “Escape.”

“Powder Blue” is a song by Geary Hearne, with which Brad Buxer helped. MJ had no involvement.

“Rampage” was never confirmed to have been worked on, or submitted to, MJ. It was just a beat Rodney had prepped that, so far as we know, died before it ever made it to the studio.
I'm going for any unreleased/unleaked song made in that era, regardless if MJ was involved or not.
Well, "Rise Above It All" was mention by Dr. Freeze in an interview done by some french fans in 2011.
Interesting! Do you know where the interview is from?

Back