Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I’ve spoken with someone who knows the editors of the Black & White magazine (which to my knowledge is the only source to ever cite these two titles), and apparently they don’t exist. It was a rumor they bought into but weren’t able to correct. Of course I can’t confirm this myself!

Fascinating! This is definitely contradictory to the session calendars, as “Do You Know…” was listed on 9th May 1986 for the first time that year. Very interested to know the truth here.

Thanks for sharing this! Plenty of falsehoods are going around and I always unnecessarily try to correct them lol. Not my place at all. It is nice to know a definite creation year for “Make or Break.”
There is song called do you know different than who do you know and do you know whrere your children are ?

I've seen them mentioned a few times recently, what these "session calendars", are they available to buy?
They are recording session dates and also track sheets.

They are not available to buy, but authors (such as, Joseph Vogel) have access to them when they need to include certain recording dates of songs in their books.

They are recording session dates and also track sheets.

They are not available to buy, but authors (such as, Joseph Vogel) have access to them when they need to include certain recording dates of songs in their books.
Thanks for the info

I summarize the informations mentioned in the first ten pages of the topic. I will end later. Here it is :

11pm
Instrumental

Adore You
Written during the Invincible sessions
Work after with Brad Buxer
Appears on the lists of songs to finish found in MJ home in 2009
Damien Shields : "Had some background vocals which build into a full-blown choir type of thing at the end. It's haunting" but no vocal recorded by MJ. But Brad Buxer described it as "not fully recorded". Intended to become a spirtual song like Will you be there in MJ plans in 2009"

Angel
Written and recorded during the Invincible sessions
Work in 1998 ; produced by Babyface and Keith Sweat
Planned for the 1999 album as the lead single
Complete and finished

Bang Your Head
Instrumental

Baszouille
Written and recorded during the HIStory sessions
Source : Ryan Arnold and others

Boy No
Registered in the US copyright office in 2010
Damien Shields : "quite somber. The verses are largely mumbled, but he’s mumbling about seeing the city lights, being alone, and having nowhere to go. Chorus is “Boy, no. [We/they] ain’t got a place for [you/me] to stay.”

Butter Funk
Instrumental

Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Produced by Rodney Jerkins
Rework in 2002-2004
Considered for the 2003 canceled album and for The Ultimate Collection
Complete and finished

Changes
Registered in the US copyright office in 2010
Recorded by MJ but not complete, scratch vocals with a choir
Damien Shields : "Feels like church. Piano + gospel choir with a totally mumbled, low-effort scratch vocal."

Chicago 1945
Written and recorded during the Bad sessions
No proof it was rework with Rodney Jerkins during the Invincible sessions
Considered for the Xscape album but Steve Porcaro refused to see it remixed
Complete

Children's Holiday
Written and recorded in 1998
Demo with scratch vocal made as a foundation for a Japanese lyricist

Children's Hour
Children's song

Colorblind
Two versions exist : one work with Michael Prince, and the other with Brad Buxer and handed to Rodney Jerkins.
Probably work in the Invincible session
No informations about the completion

Crack Kills
Written and recorded during the Bad sessions, with Quincy Jones
Not complete (lyrics and vocals)

D.I.E.
Damien Shields : "no vocals. Just instrumental. But epic. Hard hitting drums and bass with really strong strings. It also has these moments where the music stops and a haunting choir type thing comes in creating an ominous build, then the beat drops again."

Do You Love Me
Work in 1998 ; produced by Babyface and Keith Sweat
Planned for the 1999 album
Complete and finished

Don't Me Me Stay
Damien Shields "had a scratch vocal, but it sounded very distant - like MJ wasn’t near the mic when it was recorded or something. The only coherent lyrics I could make out were the words “don’t make me stay”

Faces
Recorded in 1994
Instrumental with spoken intro by MJ
Leaked in 2023

Green Hornet Groove
Instrumental

H20
No link with the Water song written by Eddie Cascio and the Water song registered at the US copyright office
Registered in 2010 at the US copyright office

Hot Fun in summertime
Recorded in 1998-2003
Cover of the Sly & The Family Stone song
Not completed ; MJ only recorded a verse and chorus
Finished with D'Angelo and Mary J Blige in 2014
Failed to make the Xscape album

If You Don't Love Me
Written and recorded during the Dangerous sessions
Considered for Dangerous Special Edition (2001)
Leaked years ago

I Have this dream
Recorded in 2005-2006
Featuring Snoop Dogg, Shirley Caeser, Ciara, James Ingram, Jermaine Jackson, the O'Jays, R Kelly and others
Complete
Part of the 2 seas records deal
A "demo" of the song has leaked :

I'm Dreamin
Written and recorded with Will.I.am in 2006-2007
MJ only sings hook, the restis sang by Will.i.am
Complete

Innocent Man
Damien Shields : "has vocals in the chorus, which are the same as the lyrics from his handwritten notes. There are no verses on what I heard, but MJ did write additional lyrics. So I'm not sure if he recorded them and I just didn't hear them, or if he didn't record them. The vocals in the chorus are very softly sung."

Jungle
Written by Dr Freeze in 1998
Damien Shields : "an up-tempo track... with rap-style verses about first-world problems and systematic corruption reminiscent of "Tabloid Junkie" and gritty choruses much like "Why You Wanna Trip on Me."
Confusion about the recording or not by MJ

King Tutankhamen
Instrumental

Lady of Summer
Classical piece shown by MJ to David Michael Frank in 2009
Related to the classical album project

Light The Way
Written and recorded in 2005-2006
Part of the 2 seas record deal
Damien Shields : "Horn section intro, and a choir in the choruses. According to my notes, the choir sings: "Light the way, let's pray for peace". Slow song. No lead vocal on what I heard. Just music + choral chorus."

Men in Black
Written and recorded during Dangerous sessions
Maybe the verses are not completed

Michael's affirmation
Damien Shields : "Not a song. It's a spoken word piece recorded by MJ to encourage Roy Horn (of Siegfried & Roy) to stay positive when recovering from the onstage tiger attack in October 2003. The music behind MJ's spoken words is an instrumental called "Photographs".

Neverland Landing
Children's song

Pajamas
Instrumental

Photographs
Instrumental

Remember What I Told You
Also known as "Just Remember"
Recorded in 2008
Damien Shields : "It's a short demo. Approximately 90 seconds total. Nowhere near finished. But it's stunning. Think "Speechless" but far less saccharin."

Red Eye
According to Damien Shields : instrumental, guitar track with Chinese influence

Rich Girl
Written and recorded during the HIStory sessions (1993-1994)
Not complete

Rocker
Complete but only scratch vocals
Damien Shields : "Reminds me of Queen's "We Will Rock You" - a really aggressive spitting type of verse vocal with an anthemic chorus"

Silent Spring
Instrumental

That
Instrumental

Than Heaven
Spoken intro by MJ, dedicated to his son
Vocals sang by a woman

Tomboy
Complete and finished, with Roger Troutman plays guitar

Throwin Your Life Away
Rework with Neff-U in 2008-2009 but Neff-U didn't have the mutitracks
Complete

Truth about youth
Produced by Bryan Loren and MJ
Featuring LL Cool J
Complete and finished

Turnin' Me Off
Written and recorded during the Bad or Dangerous sessions
Song considered for Xscape (2014)
Complete

Water
No link with the song written by Eddie Cascio and the H20 song
Registered in 2010 at the US copyright office

What you do to me
Described by Damien Shields as "mid-tempo love song. Similar breezy vibe to Free and I'm So Blue.
No link with What you do to me song recorded during the Invincible sessions, which is an early demo version of The Way You Love Me

World of Candy
Written and recorded in 2003 with Nisha Kataria
Duet with Nisha Kataria
Children's song
"Angel" and "Do You Love Me" do not exist. Not sure about "Colorblind" or "Rich Girl" what's the source for those? and Weight Off Me wasn't "reworked" after Invincible. It was REMASTERED for inclusion on The Ultimate Collection in 2004. The 2001 and 2004 versions are the same, just a different master. Also "Truth About Youth" is called "Truth ON Youth"

Just found a link to the court filings. There’s some very interesting items included, including an astonishing number of CDs. Highlights:
  • “Throwin’ Your Life Away” (p. 7)
  • “Earth Love,” dated April 22, 2009 and written in another person’s handwriting (p. 8)
  • “Dancing for Love - RedOne” (p. 12)
  • “Ready 2 Win,” written in another person’s handwriting (p. 15)
  • “Love Heals - MJ Neff-U New Funk” (p. 16)
  • “Ron great industrial age song” (p. 18)
  • “Breath” (p. 25)
  • “All Right,” written in another person’s handwriting (p. 29)
  • “Dance MJ McKellar” (p. 32)
  • „Heaven With a Smile“, datiert vom 17. April 2009 und in der Handschrift einer anderen Person geschrieben (S. 40)
  • „Song #4 - 1.2.6 Bible“, datiert vom 16. Mai 2007 und in derselben Handschrift geschrieben wie die von Frank Cascio verkauften verschiedenen CDs (S. 48)
  • „Ghost of Another Lover“, datiert vom 29. April 2009, geschrieben in der Handschrift einer anderen Person und mit zwei Mixes („Mix 7 with Intro“ und „Mix 4 No Intro“) (S. 52)
Außerdem gibt es ein leicht verschwommenes Bild von 35 weiteren CDs (S. 72), darunter die Titel „Hollywood Tonight“, „Throwin‘ Your Life Away“, „Miami Vice“ (könnte in Zusammenhang mit der TV-Serie stehen) und „Zerbrochener Stuhl“. Außerdem gibt es einen zusätzlichen Textsatz für „You Were There“ (S. 78):

Du warst in guten und in schlechten Zeiten da
Wenn ich alles verloren habe, was ich hatte
Du warst da, um zu haben, um zu halten
Als die Welt zusammenkam
Ich versuche, meine Seele wegzunehmen
Als die Mauern über mir einstürzten
Du warst dabei, als die Mauern einstürzten

Just found a link to the court filings. There’s some very interesting items included, including an astonishing number of CDs. Highlights:
  • “Earth Love,” dated April 22, 2009 and written in another person’s handwriting (p. 8)
  • “Breath” (p. 25)
  • “Heaven With a Smile,” dated April 17, 2009 and written in another person’s handwriting (p. 40)
  • “Song #4 - 1.2.6 Bible,” dated May 16, 2007 and written in the same handwriting as the miscellaneous CDs sold by Frank Cascio (p. 48)
  • “Ghost of Another Lover,” dated April 29, 2009, written in another person’s handwriting, and containing two mixes (“Mix 7 with Intro” and “Mix 4 No Intro”) (p. 52)
There’s also a slightly blurry picture of 35 additional CDs (p. 72), among which you can see the titles “Hollywood Tonight,” “Throwin’ Your Life Away,” “Miami Vice” (could be in relation to the TV series), and “Broken Chair.” Additionally, there are an extra set of lyrics for “You Were There” (p. 78):

You were there for the good times and the bad
When I’ve lost all that I had
You were there to have, to hold
When the world all came together
Trying to take away my soul
When the walls came down on me
You were there when the walls came tumbling down
Did the estate actually get the stolen stuff back?

• “Breath” (p. 25)
  • “Heaven With a Smile,” dated April 17, 2009 and written in another person’s handwriting (p. 40)
  • “Song #4 - 1.2.6 Bible,” dated May 16, 2007 and written in the same handwriting as the miscellaneous CDs sold by Frank Cascio (p. 48)
  • “Ghost of Another Lover,” dated April 29, 2009, written in another person’s handwriting, and containing two mixes (“Mix 7 with Intro” and “Mix 4 No Intro”) (p. 52)
There’s also a slightly blurry picture of 35 additional CDs (p. 72), among which you can see the titles “Hollywood Tonight,” “Throwin’ Your Life Away,” “Miami Vice” (could be in relation to the TV series), and “Broken Chair.” Additionally, there are an extra set of lyrics for “You Were There” (p. 78):

You were there for the good times and the bad
When I’ve lost all that I had
You were there to have, to hold
When the world all came together
Trying to take away my soul
When the walls came down on me
You were there when the walls came tumbling down
okay, but the items listed here are now back with the estate or?

I never heard of "Splash! We Can Get Wet Babe" before. Can you tell me about it? And if you do can you cite a source too, please?
Sorry for late reply, not much info on info on it, all we know is that it is confirmed to exist and it was recorded post bad but not as a dangerous song weirdly enough

What's Your Life - written with Jermaine in 1983
Chicago 1945 is 1984
Doing Dirty is 1983
Do You Know Where Your Children Are is 1985
Hot Fever is The Way You Make Me Feel.
Alright Now was recorded between 1983-1984
Kreeton Overture is an instrumental from Victory tours opening
Make of Break is 1985
Stay is from 1982 and was submitted on the same tape as Set It On Out
Will fix right now

Sorry for late reply, not much info on info on it, all we know is that it is confirmed to exist and it was recorded post bad but not as a dangerous song weirdly enough
Don’t think this was ever confirmed. All we know about it is that it was registered with BMI (?) and that MJ, LaToya, and one other Jackson (Joseph?) are credited songwriters. It could be anything. There’s another song titled “Seven Bright New Stars” with many of the same writers. Could be a sample, could be an interpolation, could be a totally original song.

Do we have informations about these songs, listed on the 2 lists of songs to be finished found in MJ'house after his death :
I Am That One
Everybody Wants to Be a Movie Star
Leaving Today to Behin
Lonely Bird
Can't Stop Loving You
Too Late To Turn Back

Do we have informations about these songs, listed on the 2 lists of songs to be finished found in MJ'house after his death :
I Am That One
Leaving Today to Behin
Lonely Bird
Can't Stop Loving You
Too Late To Turn Back
I have no information on them myself, but I hope they're somewhat complete, because they are some intriguing titles

Do we have information about these songs, listed on the 2 lists of songs to be finished found in MJ'house after his death :
I Am That One
Leaving Today to Behin
Lonely Bird
Can't Stop Loving You
Too late to turn back
They give me 1970s origins vibes. Pre OTW, maybe J5. intentional throwbacks. If they're not wholly original.

I wonder if that was MJ's intent, making J5 esque throwbacks. Tbh, that'd make more sense than just aping Thriller or Bad or Dangerous. Motown throwbacks are popular now as well.

I am not here that often so this might be talked about before a million times before but:

1. Did Michael ever record a longer version of 'When You Wish Upon A Star' he sings in the Disney video?

2. Is the Peter Pan song he sings in the interview below written by him? (seems like it)
3. If so, was it ever recorded as a song?

I Am That One
Leaving Today to Behin
Lonely Bird
Can't Stop Loving You
Too Late To Turn Back
None other than Lonely Bird being a rework rather than a new song since it was also mentioned on the 1993 deposition and Too Late To Turn Back Now likely being only an instrumental since MJ was planning to record the vocals in London.

None other than Lonely Bird being a rework rather than a new song since it was also mentioned on the 1993 deposition and Too Late To Turn Back Now likely being only an instrumental since MJ was planning to record the vocals in London.
What about lot of deposition songs from 1993 like. California grass .and others

Back