Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I am not here that often so this might be talked about before a million times before but:

1. Did Michael ever record a longer version of 'When You Wish Upon A Star' he sings in the Disney video?

2. Is the Peter Pan song he sings in the interview below written by him? (seems like it)
3. If so, was it ever recorded as a song?

1. Michael's version is missing the chorus and final verse but he probably didn't record it in full

2. Peter Pan is most likely written by him since he was supposed to star in a Peter Pan movie in 1983 that was to be directed by Steven Spielberg. A demo might exist

@ChanceToDance @BlackAnon @AlwaysThere
What about Neverland landing? (for my spreadsheets)
It was made in April 1983 with Buz Kohan for a Peter Pan musical film which is described by Steven Spielberg to be "as fanciful and spectacular as the cartoon but more faithful to the Barrie Play". Damien described it as being a "children's song" but also being incomplete. I don't know much else about the song though, maybe others can add to it.

It was made in April 1983 with Buz Kohan for a Peter Pan musical film which is described by Steven Spielberg to be "as fanciful and spectacular as the cartoon but more faithful to the Barrie Play". Damien described it as being a "children's song" but also being incomplete. I don't know much else about the song though, maybe others can add to it.

Where did he say it was incomplete?

1. Michael's version is missing the chorus and final verse but he probably didn't record it in full

2. Peter Pan is most likely written by him since he was supposed to star in a Peter Pan movie in 1983 that was to be directed by Steven Spielberg. A demo might exist
Thank you!

I think you are right about 'When You Wish Upon a Star', it sounds like it was meant as short as it is for the medley. Too bad though, would love a longer version!
The Peter Pan fragments in the interview somehow sound like he was reciting them from a recording session; as if he recorded it that same day and was still into it.. Let's hope so!

So is it possible that the Peter Pan fragments I was talking about; the bits he sang during the 'unauthorized 1983 interview' are actually from 'Neverland Landing'..?

'Dancing on a cloud... soaring up so high. Watch me now... watch me fly! I'm Peter Pan, I can do anything. I soar so high, I am forever!'

Do we have informations about these songs, listed on the 2 lists of songs to be finished found in MJ'house after his death :
I Am That One
Everybody Wants to Be a Movie Star
Leaving Today to Behin
Lonely Bird
Can't Stop Loving You
Too Late To Turn Back
From memory, Jermaine Jackson mentioned the title "Lonely Bird" in the 70s in an interview. Perhaps a duet between the two of this period.
I asked Damien Shields for the other titles and unfortunately he doesn't know.

Wonder if it has a full vocal. He's been really vague when asked about it for some reason lol
He said the same thing about World Of Candy and I'm curious about that too, it was believed to be one of the very few songs from the 2000's that was complete. Maybe it's still releasable somewhat.
So is it possible that the Peter Pan fragments I was talking about; the bits he sang during the 'unauthorized 1983 interview' are actually from 'Neverland Landing'..?

'Dancing on a cloud... soaring up so high. Watch me now... watch me fly! I'm Peter Pan, I can do anything. I soar so high, I am forever!'
There's another song called "I'm Peter Pan" that was made for the movie so it's pretty likely that it is.
From memory, Jermaine Jackson mentioned the title "Lonely Bird" in the 70s in an interview. Perhaps a duet between the two of this period.
I asked Damien Shields for the other titles and unfortunately he doesn't know.
Only MJ would spend that much time working on a song lol. I wonder what's so special about it for him to bring back a song that was already over 30 years old at that point.

He said the same thing about World Of Candy and I'm curious about that too, it was believed to be one of the very few songs from the 2000's that was complete. Maybe it's still releasable somewhat.

There's another song called "I'm Peter Pan" that was made for the movie so it's pretty likely that it is.

Only MJ would spend that much time working on a song lol. I wonder what's so special about it for him to bring back a song that was already over 30 years old at that point.
There is many unreleased from deposition 1993 we know nothing about it

Well it's like I was saying, I suspect wanted to usher in the resurgence of the Motown Era Sound. Between that and the Four Tops song reference it's possible. Disco is always in so an Off The Wall revival would've been expected, though he was working on it lol. And 80s heyday is what every artist does. So between Quincy and Rod, that's covered. But Motown? Bringing back Motown would've been an interesting thing.

Thank you!

I think you are right about 'When You Wish Upon a Star', it sounds like it was meant as short as it is for the medley. Too bad though, would love a longer version!
The Peter Pan fragments in the interview somehow sound like he was reciting them from a recording session; as if he recorded it that same day and was still into it.. Let's hope so!

If he recorded a full version, it would’ve been about 1 and a half minutes longer…but there’s still hope since we did get a shortened version of “Carousel” at one point but don’t count on Disney releasing anything.

Peter Pan was most likely recorded since he had the melody and everything down but he did change “watch me now” to “watch me fly” the second time he sang it during the interview. It’s a shame the movie didn’t go anywhere but MJ was reaching his peak with Thriller at the time so it would’ve been exhausting for him to film.

Question, is the song "Siegfried & Roy" the early version of "Mind Is the Magic?"

I despise when users upload the same song and try to pass it off as another version
It can't be worse than the same uncreative trolls of fake GYWOOM snippets being uploaded constantly. It's the main reason I want the song to leak so those can stop already.

Also do we know if Hot Fever sounds similar to TWYMMF? Or what lyrics were changed?

Had no idea, interesting. were any demos of the Bad songs recorded besides Smooth Criminal and Speed Demon? Im guessing not

Back