Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Finished Dangerous Era, can you please tell me anything to fix, I insist I want this to be as accurate as possible
-Loving This Man, Child, The Star Of The World and Falling Down are fake.
-Red Eye is a guitar track with Chinese influence.
-Siegfried & Roy IS Mind Is The Magic, not an early version of it.
-Sister Sue, Tragedy Of A Cheerleader and California Grass were never pinned to an exact era.
-Ghost Of Another Lover was reworked in April 29th, 2009. It was also leaked in 2017 instead of 2020.
-You forgot about Call It Off, All The Truth You Need, Boots Groove, Saturday Woman, the 1991 version of Best Of Joy, Heal L.A (first version of What More Can I Give), Turnin' Me Off being reworked in January 30th, 1989 and there might be more I'm forgetting also.
-Bottle Of Smoke is unconfirmed.
-In The Back was written in 1994.
-Earth Love is completely unknown other than the CD that was found on MJ's room was dated April 22nd, 2009.
-I'm not too sure about Mother Dear being real since I couldn't find the copyright registration for it.

-Loving This Man, Child, The Star Of The World and Falling Down are fake.
-Red Eye is a guitar track with Chinese influence.
-Siegfried & Roy IS Mind Is The Magic, not an early version of it.
-Sister Sue, Tragedy Of A Cheerleader and California Grass were never pinned to an exact era.
-Ghost Of Another Lover was reworked in April 29th, 2009. It was also leaked in 2017 instead of 2020.
-You forgot about Call It Off, All The Truth You Need, Boots Groove, Saturday Woman, the 1991 version of Best Of Joy, Heal L.A (first version of What More Can I Give), Turnin' Me Off being reworked in January 30th, 1989 and there might be more I'm forgetting also.
-Bottle Of Smoke is unconfirmed.
-In The Back was written in 1994.
-Earth Love is completely unknown other than the CD that was found on MJ's room was dated April 22nd, 2009.
-I'm not too sure about Mother Dear being real since I couldn't find the copyright registration for it.
wasn't bottle of smoke sold in an auction?
Isn't the 1991 Ver. of Best of Joy fake? I think someone said that or whatever.

Thanks!

Isn't the 1991 Ver. of Best of Joy fake? I think someone said that or whatever.
It's real, there are 3 versions of BoJ. The Toy (1981), Best Of Joy (1991) and the version recorded in November 2008 which is the one that ended up on the Michael album.
101712_0.jpg

Yeah I thought the leaked instrumental files were from HIstory, interesting that it's listed there with the Dangerous stuff.
Definitely from HIStory, however, I do believe MJ wrote BG's as in for he meant to go record BG's to the song, and not that BGV has been done.

The version we have of Verdict should be the final version of whatever it was supposed to be.

Kind of crazy how MJ thought The Verdict was good enough to be brought for 2 albums while songs like Dream Away, Al Capone, I'm So Blue, Hot Street and many others were forgotten right away lol.

Kind of crazy how MJ thought The Verdict was good enough to be brought for 2 albums while songs like Dream Away, Al Capone, I'm So Blue, Hot Street and many others were forgotten right away lol.
Most of those are ballads. MJ loved his angular 90s rhythm.

Meanwhile where on Dangerous or Invincible would Hot Street fit?

Definitely from HIStory, however, I do believe MJ wrote BG's as in for he meant to go record BG's to the song, and not that BGV has been done.

The version we have of Verdict should be the final version of whatever it was supposed to be.
I don't think that's the case. The version that leaked are multitrack mixes with stuff missing. It's likely that there's a more complete version that maybe even has (some) vocals.

Meanwhile where on Dangerous or Invincible would Hot Street fit?
Just because it wouldn't fit it doesn't mean MJ should've forgotten about the songs entirely and not have tried anything new with them. In that sense how would a song like TYLA fit in the 2010's? Or Best Of Joy? Or Chicago 1945 and Cheater if they were in fact re-worked for Invincible? And yet they were still brought back anyways.

I don't think that's the case. The version that leaked are multitrack mixes with stuff missing. It's likely that there's a more complete version that maybe even has (some) vocals.
I did find it curious that there were two different mixes containing different things. They could indeed be mixdowns from a larger whole, just speculating, of course.

Just because it wouldn't fit it doesn't mean MJ should've forgotten about the songs entirely and not have tried anything new with them. In that sense how would a song like TYLA fit in the 2010's? Or Best Of Joy? Or Chicago 1945 and Cheater if they were in fact re-worked for Invincible? And yet they were still brought back anyways.
The difference is we don't know anything about what MJ was planning on the 2010s. Maybe soundbites on 21st century Off The Wall/Dangerous. So it was all fair game really. I'm speaking with the hindsight of what Dangerous and Invincible was, what they ended up being. I am also being facetious so I don't mean to make you feel called out. It's rhetorical lol.

At the same time, Dangerous and Invincible as they ended up were radically different than what they started out as. Bryan Loren tracks and tons of MJ tracks brought to the new age century, versus basically new material made with current collaborators, Teddy, Rodney, etc. And that is basically how the 2006-2008 era stuff feels, in truth it would've probably ended up as more contemporary new stuff with Ne-Yo, Neff-U, and/or RedOne maybe. And some of the best material brought up and modernized like Dangerous the song.

There's another song called "I'm Peter Pan" that was made for the movie so it's pretty likely that it is.

I believe there is also a song written by Buz Kohan for Spielberg's Peter Pan movie called 'Make A Wish', that could also be what he sings during the interview.

Did anyone ever asked Buz Kohan about his songs, where they are and when we will hear them :)

In the unauthorized 1983 interview not only does he sing about Peter Pan, he also acts like him (flying), I wonder how far Spielberg's project was involving MJ (seems like he was already rehearsing it) and if the project sparked MJ's obsession with Peter Pan/J.M. Barrie or that he liked it already before..

Did anyone ever asked Buz Kohan about his songs, where they are and when we will hear them :)
Buz has spoken to Joe Vogel and Mike Smallcombe about them. All that is known is that they were recorded between 1983-84, they’re similar in style to something like “Seeing Voices,” and at least two songs (“Make a Wish” and “Neverland Landing”) have vocals.

Someone I spoke with years ago said that “Neverland Landing” was fairly complete vocally and was very Disney-esque.

Buz has spoken to Joe Vogel and Mike Smallcombe about them. All that is known is that they were recorded between 1983-84, they’re similar in style to something like “Seeing Voices,” and at least two songs (“Make a Wish” and “Neverland Landing”) have vocals.

Someone I spoke with years ago said that “Neverland Landing” was fairly complete vocally and was very Disney-esque.
Thank you! Funny, when I heard 'Seeing Voices' for the first time I actually expected some Disney-esque choirs at some point!

Question, do you know a place where I could find the Smooth a criminal Multitracks but cleaned up? Cause all the files are so messed up I don’t know how to clean it up myself

About the Google doc : Sunset Driver was rework in 1987 ? What is the source ?

Back