Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I’m so skeptical of this AMA. It’s extraordinarily easy for someone to lie in situations like this. Obviously doesn’t discredit it, but I’d love to know if this was actually him.
I agree. My guess is it's a teenage fan pretending to be this relatively unknown engineer. His posts in the AMA are very odd and mostly repeat Wikipedia articles and comments found on YouTube.

Plus, he doesn't even seem like a native speaker of English. The word order is strange... Convoluted sentences with multiple commas... No way is this a middle-aged recording engineer from Colorado.

"It sounded too much like Basszouille haha."
"Yeah, I rarely ever get to talk about my life's work, and it's not like papers are hitting me up anymore haha."
"The best way I can phrase it is, imagine the song Circus Girl, the Thriller outtake, but played with the instruments on Little Susie. I would say more, but I really can't stay awake any longer, and my wife's mad enough at me! Haha. Goodnight all, will answer more tomorrow!"

LOL!!! 🤣

Yeah, I've always been kinda confused as to why people are just taking those posts as gospel.
Similarly there's posts in here from people trying to act as the gospel when they were calling me out for sharing a 'fake' Lovely Way snippet

Lyrics don't make sense, it's not MJ etc

Hardly any 'authority' on this topic is worth listening to, bar someone like AlwaysThere, Shields etc

Do you know if there's any outtake of his from the Invincible sessions? 1/4th of the songs on the album comes from him so there's gotta be something, even if it's just a writer's demo.
Not that I know of. During that same exchange, I explicitly asked him if there were any unreleased Riley-MJ songs left, and he said "Joy" was the only one. There may be writer demos, but I don't think there is anything else he and Michael actually worked on together.

Similarly there's posts in here from people trying to act as the gospel when they were calling me out for sharing a 'fake' Lovely Way snippet

Hardly any 'authority' on this topic is worth listening to, bar someone like AlwaysThere, Shields etc

Yeah, it seems like there's more and more people here who like to speak with authority on things and it's rather tiring to read. Especially when they're just flat out wrong lol.

Not that I know of. During that same exchange, I explicitly asked him if there were any unreleased Riley-MJ songs left, and he said "Joy" was the only one. There may be writer demos, but I don't think there is anything else he and Michael actually worked on together.
That's disappointing. Maybe Damien was right when he said that there was hardly any outtake from Invincible left.

Yea it does, my spreadsheet is basically empty after Dangerous

And considering Michael wrote like 9/10 of his songs is amazing, no other artist even writes songs anymore

I swear, if Stop That's instrumental actually is Tomboy, (which im now 80% certain) then HOLY CRAP that might be the best unreleased song next to Streetwalker '87, Hot Street, TYLA, and Cheater

Last edited:
‘Ryan Arnolds’ has also posted other questionable things, such as this:

I think I would liken his approach to instruments to a child... but it worked, really well at that. He would take an instrument, say the Korg M1 used on Scream. He would fiddle with the knobs (changing the presets) and feel for a sound. Once he found a basic idea, he would refine it by fiddling further and further. Mind you Mr. Jackson would spend hours and hours doing this for some synths, but other times just five minutes. I think he found the sound he was looking for on the M1 relatively quick, within a half hour. From there he would make sounds with his voice and clap while attempting to play. Jimmy would be recording this, so it's all on tape in his archives, and at a particular point Michael would just get it. He would spend all that time messing around on the keyboard, like a kid in a music shop, and then out of nowhere he'd say, "There, right there! Did you get that?" It would be a chord progression he was trying to figure out.

We know from Brad Buxer that Michael never really “fiddled“ with any keyboards or synths when writing music, that was Buxer’s job, and in earlier times John Barnes’. I’m not saying he never touched an instrument when in the studio, but the idea that he would search for chord progressions for hours seems to me to not be based in any species of truth .

-Christmas Star, Are You Ready and Murder are fake. I'm not sure about Fear, what's the source on that one?
-Innocent Man wasn't reworked in 2008. Maybe it was but for now it's not confirmed.
-You forgot about In The Back, Bombay Nights, Christmas Song (theme for Home Alone made in 1994), Ask DD, Ask Rene 3, The Best Thing and MJ's cover of Delilah.
-What SeriousFX said above, there were no songs made for BOTDF as everything on the album are leftovers from either Dangerous or HIStory. The songs you mentioned are from Ghosts.
@ChanceToDance when was bombay nights written?

I agree. My guess is it's a teenage fan pretending to be this relatively unknown engineer. His posts in the AMA are very odd and mostly repeat Wikipedia articles and comments found on YouTube.

Plus, he doesn't even seem like a native speaker of English. The word order is strange... Convoluted sentences with multiple commas... No way is this a middle-aged recording engineer from Colorado.

"It sounded too much like Basszouille haha."
"Yeah, I rarely ever get to talk about my life's work, and it's not like papers are hitting me up anymore haha."
"The best way I can phrase it is, imagine the song Circus Girl, the Thriller outtake, but played with the instruments on Little Susie. I would say more, but I really can't stay awake any longer, and my wife's mad enough at me! Haha. Goodnight all, will answer more tomorrow!"

LOL!!! 🤣

Here's a follow up post mentioning that he was suffering from a stroke, soooo..

Wait who here in the community has been to seminars? Have they heard unreleased songs? Who has heard unreleased songs?

Wait who here in the community has been to seminars? Have they heard unreleased songs? Who has heard unreleased songs?
AdeZ has heard GYWOOM, Adore You and most likely more. I also recall Alec saying he heard GYWOOM in 2 occasions. There's also another user who goes by the name travis3000 who claims to be in possession of songs from the 2000's.

AdeZ has heard GYWOOM, Adore You and most likely more. I also recall Alec saying he heard GYWOOM in 2 occasions. There's also another user who goes by the name travis3000 who claims to be in possession of songs from the 2000's.
Has there been any person who has heard the Bad song we don't know much about? (Ex: Apocalypse Now, Make or Break, Etc)

travis3000, there's a name I haven't seen in over a decade. Wasn't that the person who claimed back around 2009/10 they had a relative or some connection with Sony? Was always giving updates about the will.i.am songs being released on the Michael album. Gave us all hope but then nothing came out of it. Almost like we were being played. That was a long time ago.

Is there any verifiable proof that "travis3000" is who they say they are/have what they claim to have?

‘Ryan Arnolds’ has also posted other questionable things, such as this:

We know from Brad Buxer that Michael never really “fiddled“ with any keyboards or synths when writing music, that was Buxer’s job, and in earlier times John Barnes’. I’m not saying he never touched an instrument when in the studio, but the idea that he would search for chord progressions for hours seems to me to not be based in any species of truth .
I'm starting to think I might know who may be behind this, (if it is a hoax), i have no proof it is a truth nor that it's a hoax yet.

'Fake'

'Fake
Yeah, it seems like there's more and more people here who like to speak with authority on things and it's rather tiring to read. Especially when they're just flat out wrong lol.
Best of Joy was going to be released in 2009 during This Is It though, right?

Is there any verifiable proof that "travis3000" is who they say they are/have what they claim to have?
I don't know it myself but I've seen people vouch for them saying that they got details about the This Is It concerts before they were even announced. Now with what Derek said I'm not so sure anymore lol.
I'm starting to think I might know who may be behind this, (if it is a hoax), i have no proof it is a truth nor that it's a hoax yet.
Welp, there goes any hope of Basszouille being a real song then.

so wait, Michael was planning an album to go with This Is It? Was it gonna include the tons of songs he reworked in 2008-09?
He planned 2 albums for 2009/2010.

A RnB/hip-hop with songs produced by Neff-U, Akon, RedOne, Will.i.am, Ne-Yo, Stargate, Dr Freeze.
Its tracklist was never made and the songs lists we have (released by TMZ...) is only work documents, lists of songs to finish. The only strong rumour was Hold my Hand as a single.

And a classical music album ; only 2 demos recorded at MJs home, including Lady of Summer

So, there are only demos, writer's demos, ideas of album and songs, melodies. But not finished albums ready to release

Back