Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Imagine if AI was
There are several ways to find out the truth about a track. First the source. If for example the song is a "seminar leak" we would know because of the attendees. If the title is unknown without further information (auctions, interviews etc) the song is probably fake. If the title is known on the other hand all we have to do is to ask Damien or someone else who has/had access to the songs (that actually happened with Jungle snippets which were confirmed to be real from both Damien and the auction tape's existence). That's why I'm not really worried.

There are several ways to find out the truth about a track. First the source. If for example the song is a "seminar leak" we would know because of the attendees. If the title is unknown without further information (auctions, interviews etc) the song is probably fake. If the title is known on the other hand all we have to do is to ask Damien or someone else who has/had access to the songs (that actually happened with Jungle snippets which were confirmed to be real from both Damien and the auction tape's existence). That's why I'm not really worried.

We could easily get an unknown title from the estate like Who Do You Know and then on top of that they start adding extra instrumentation and ad libs and verses and say mj revisisted the song

Imagine if AI was

We could easily get an unknown title from the estate like Who Do You Know and then on top of that they start adding extra instrumentation and ad libs and verses and say mj revisisted the song
Oh you mean that they estate can trick us. Yeah that's pretty easy actually. If Kai can create such a realistic song with almost no budget, imagine a multimillion company. But I think as long as the producers are alive they can confirm if the song is real. I mean If the estate randomly releases Adore You with full vocals then Brad Buxer will step in.

Those are two of my favorite tracks off the album. Calling them horrible is straight up tasteless, no offense.
I see people saying the Bad album is dated and Speed Demon and JGF are fillers all the time and you don't see me saying nothing. I like them and opinions don't change how I see them.

Chill, man. If you like them, go for it. My opinion shouldn't change a thing for you since it only applies to me. They keep being horrible to me and I shall keep skipping them and that's it.

If MJ and Bryan sufficiently massaged the music (which it seems like they did since this was "THE" song from their sessions), it might be a great track, despite the underwhelming LQ samples.

Mind Is The Magic -- a collab with Loren from around the same time they wrote MIB -- is one of my favorite MJ productions. The percussion is so intricate and wonderfully layered. But it's 100% a song that only works in good audio quality. Otherwise, there's just not much there to enjoy.

MJ clearly loved it too, since he brought it back for the concerts in 2009... so I'm hopeful there's at least one more he did around that time in 1989/1990. If he did, odds are it's Man in Black!
Brad Buxer was involved heavily with Mind Is The Magic dare I say most of it was Brad Buxer's work despite Bryan Loren being given the credit.

Would MJ have used the term, or even the concept 'filler' at all? It was his goal to make albums with only hits right? I don't think lesser songs were chosen to let other songs stand out, or for cohesy of the entire album, but that he genuinely thought they would become hits (perhaps accompanying the right video/medium/marketing)

Last edited:
Brad Buxer was involved heavily with Mind Is The Magic dare I say most of it was Brad Buxer's work despite Bryan Loren being given the credit.
I don't remember exactly what is the name of the Early version of Mind In The Magic ?

I see people saying the Bad album is dated and Speed Demon and JGF are fillers all the time and you don't see me saying nothing. I like them and opinions don't change how I see them.

Chill, man. If you like them, go for it. My opinion shouldn't change a thing for you since it only applies to me. They keep being horrible to me and I shall keep skipping them and that's it.
Well you stated it differently this time. If you don't like it, cool and fine. Just felt you yucked my yum a little too hard. No grudges held.

I think those Bad tracks are underrated as well. In fact I'm gonna listen to Speed Demon right now. As a matter of fact, it, Sunset Driver, and She Drives Me Wild are all amazing to actually drive to as well.

Well you stated it differently this time. If you don't like it, cool and fine. Just felt you yucked my yum a little too hard. No grudges held.
Well, no opinion is the sole truth of anything. They're just different views. As I said, my opinion shouldn't change yours. Feel more than free to do you, man.

Teddy's work is overrated imo. Not saying he didn't shift the direction Dangerous was gonna take in 1990, but he let the triad of fillers slide when they're as abysmal as the Loren tracks people mention.
Blood on the dancefloor
Ghosts
In The Closet
Remember The Time
Joy
Dangerous
WYWTOM
Jam (Teddy’s contributions)

The teddy x MJ collaboration was the best move he made after he left Quincy. Unfortunately the best Teddy songs did not end up on Dangerous.

Last edited:
I love half of the Teddy contributions, but they were a little too samey for me. “Jam,” “In the Closet,” and “Dangerous” are effectively the same songs, which is the first (and last) time that issue has ever arisen for MJ. I think Dangerous would be better suited cutting “Why You Wanna Trip on Me” and “Can’t Let Her Get Away.”

Guys why you don't ask Shana mangatal to play snippets for us from songs call it off and all truth you need

I love half of the Teddy contributions, but they were a little too samey for me. “Jam,” “In the Closet,” and “Dangerous” are effectively the same songs, which is the first (and last) time that issue has ever arisen for MJ. I think Dangerous would be better suited cutting “Why You Wanna Trip on Me” and “Can’t Let Her Get Away.”
Unbreakable, Heartbreaker and Invincible sound like 3 variations of the same song to me. Imo those are significantly more similar than any of the Teddy Riley tracks on Dangerous.

Leave WYWTOM and replace CLHGA and SDMW with For All Time and Someone Put Your Hand Out. Boom.

Leave WYWTOM and replace CLHGA and SDMW with For All Time and Someone Put Your Hand Out. Boom.
Replace Heal the World with Someone Put Your Hand Out and Gone Too Soon with Blood On the Dance Floor. Would’ve been an even better album Imo.

Not the last time at all. Tracks 1-3 of the 2001 album which shall not be named.

But I like the sameness. Like a fun megamix. A half CD of great dance music. I like the harmonies of the hooks and the analog sound of MJs style of NJS and the grit in the verses. They're just fun to me.

I beg to differ. NJS was old news by 1991. Maybe if it was released a few years before, it'd be really groundbreaking.
All other NJS was synthetic. The Dangerous cuts sound warm and analog. Like real instruments/noises and not just soundboard stuff. Compare it to what Quincy Jones did with NJS, or Stevie Wonder, or even Prince. It's a huge divide.

You're also getting rid of half of the African American music appeal that way. TBH, without Teddy, MJ would just be making pop music. Sure that's a heavy handed debate point, but just stop and think about it. What of these songs are getting played on BET and being danced to at Soultrain? Not Black or White or For All Time, that's for sure.

Unbreakable, Heartbreaker and Invincible sound like 3 variations of the same song to me. Imo those are significantly more similar than any of the Teddy Riley tracks on Dangerous.
They sound like one very long song.

The fact that these 3 songs are the first 3 songs is also another problem of the album.

The album is just at the beginning but the listener gets already exhausted and bored.
'She Drives Me Wild' should not have been included on the album as well.

'She Drives Me Wild' sounds immature and childish with all these sounds of car horns, car engines, slamming car doors, sirens, etc, and his growling vocals do not really suit him.

One has to wonder what was going on in Michael Jackson's mind when he decided to include that song on his 'Dangerous' album.

Scratch vocal doesn't mean sang all the way through clearly.
It is interesting that the cassette is dated October 30,1986 because it means that it was most likely recorded at Westlake. The 1986 rough demo of Streetwalker is dated October 27, 1986, and is also a scratch vocal. A Hayvenhurst demo must exist for both of these songs, because we know that Turning Me Off and Streetwalker were both initially recorded in early 86’, and it may contain a stronger lead vocal.

I believe these cassettes contain Westlake recreations and if this is true, that means that Turning Me Off was considered by the A-Team for an inclusion on the album. Apparently, (I don’t remember who said it, I think it was John Barnes) Michael really liked the song also.

It is interesting that the cassette is dated October 30,1986 because it means that it was most likely recorded at Westlake. The 1986 rough demo of Streetwalker is dated October 27, 1986, and is also a scratch vocal. A Hayvenhurst demo must exist for both of these songs, because we know that Turning Me Off and Streetwalker were both initially recorded in early 86’, and it may contain a stronger lead vocal.

I believe these cassettes contain Westlake recreations and if this is true, that means that Turning Me Off was considered by the A-Team for an inclusion on the album. Apparently, (I don’t remember who said it, I think it was John Barnes) Michael really liked the song also.
It was Eddie Cascio who said MJ really liked the track, he wrote about it in his book.

Back