Lighters at the concert??

summer

Proud Member
I was just wondering....What are you guys planning to take with you to wave during the ballads? :scratch: :lol: Will lighters be allowed (since they have fluid in them??). Or does anyone have an idea what lights we could use for waving. Ain't gonna bring no candles and matches!! :lol: :lol: Or do I need to buy one of those LED lights for the concert? (Hmm...actually I have one candle with LED light! Could take that one?! :lmao:)

take out your cell phone and hold that up, in the darkness those will light the place up like a Christmas tree :)

take out your cell phone and hold that up, in the darkness those will light the place up like a Christmas tree :)

Yeah, I guess I could do that. Wow...modern culture. Didn't have this back in 1996-97. :lol: :lol: Even though I think lighters make a more nice "athmosphere". The cell phones just make me think the audience is full of paparazzi...

Last time i was at a MJ concert someone almost set my braids on fire, i prefer cellphones (they have screensavers with a burning candle), LOL.

i guess cellphones is a good idea lol
i.ll just use normal lightsticks for my wrists as well :p

i remeber when i went to see Kelly clarkson in concert with my sis, and we has those glowsticks and i remeber something happened and the glowstick hit this person in front of me haha, i fount i did'nt do it

Health and Safety laws will not allow the lighters or candles I'm sure. Glow sticks are sure to be ok.

Any glow stick retailers outside the 02 can clean up!

for the last prince show the fans planned to turn up with loads of purple glowsticks for when he played purple rain, someone obviously was spying cos when fans turned up everyone was being given a purple glowstick as they went in. So glowsticks are definately allowed and they looked amazing (i will try and find a photo from the evening) but there isnt normally anyone selling glowsticks etc outside the venue something to do with the fact that the O2 owns most the surrounding land unlike other venues such as Wembley so dont rely on being able to get something there.

Does anyone know where one can buy glowsticks? Like in London...anyone know where to get them?

I like lighters better!

But maybe they won't be allowed, in that case mobiles will do fine!

they sell small glowsticks here at action (netherlands).
15 for less than 1 euro.

Good idea. I was thinking a penlight but I like your idea better. Nothing extra to haul.

I can't imagine them wanting any open flames in an indoor arena.

The trouble with glowsticks is you can't turn them off again. Maybe they will interfere with the show if there is too much continuous light from the audience, don't you think?

I was just going to say that. When I went to a U2 concert a few years back, they shut out all the lights and requested everyone to light up their cell phones. It was beautiful and I have chills just thinking about how intimate that was... They sang a nice, slow song while it was lit up like a galaxy. I'd much rather that method than something dangerous like lighters!

guess il be bringin bags of glowsticks with me

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That just gave me an idea!!! :lol: What if I show up looking like the "Dangerous girl" from the MJ& Friends performance...only the spikes in MY outfit will be made from glowsticks!!!! "there was something DIFFERENT about this girl...." (Yeah...she was GLOWING from miles away!!) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

MY outfit will be made from glowsticks!!!! "there was something DIFFERENT about this girl...." (Yeah...she was GLOWING from miles away!!) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

LMAO! amazing!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That just gave me an idea!!! :lol: What if I show up looking like the "Dangerous girl" from the MJ& Friends performance...only the spikes in MY outfit will be made from glowsticks!!!! "there was something DIFFERENT about this girl...." (Yeah...she was GLOWING from miles away!!) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

lmao thats a great idea hahahahaha

sometimes depending on the concert glow sticks are banned. i have a nice collection from all the shows ive worked at and taking them off ppl lol

Back