Lionel Richie says his younger daughter and Paris have become best friends

oh talk about misunderstanding every thingand anything....lawd hammercy unless it's spelled out completely some will run w/ it.

lionel was a friend to mj up till the day he died.....brooke? not so much. it doesn't matter that u were here NOW, where u there THEN?

now it's kewl to be mj's friend or his fan....where were u when he needed u? that's what he's saying.

it doesn't matter how he died...the end result is still the same.

Some ppl will never get past the fact he mentioned "pill".. hopefully in due time they will come to understand what he meant

Some ppl will never get past the fact he mentioned "pill".. hopefully in due time they will come to understand what he meant

Yeah, hopefully. He didn't actually mean that pills killed him, but people are taking it the wrong way and getting angry over nothing. :rollseyes: I see absolutely nothing wrong with him mentioning that his daughter and Paris are good friends either... it's nice to know she has a girl her age to talk to. I don't see why he needs to "shut up."

Yeah, hopefully. He didn't actually mean that pills killed him, but people are taking it the wrong way and getting angry over nothing. :rollseyes: I see absolutely nothing wrong with him mentioning that his daughter and Paris are good friends either... it's nice to know she has a girl her age to talk to. I don't see why he needs to "shut up."

exactly!!!

Lional is as straight as they come, no adgenda, was not a fairweather friend, and he is right. Pills is a general reference and is maybe more tactful a name than drugs.

I agree with what he says, no matter what substance caused his death, people who want to talk about what they say they knew now are saying it too late.

They should have lifted the secrecy when he was alive, I believe Michael would have got help if his issue - assuming he had one - had been public knowledge. He would have had the support and respect from us.

There is no shame attached to his problem, he was vulnerable, had genuine health and pain issues to deal with and a niave trust in people. It is the doctors and enablers that bear the shame.

i have to say some of you are VERY judgemental and quite ignorant in your answers. Lionel said NOTHING wrong but still some people still manage to bash and insult him Its sounds very familiar to what the world did to michael and not fair, you know how much it hurt michael, so don't do it to anyone else. In memory of Michael and what he stood for all this hate, and i will say its hate from some of you, is VERY ugly and i know for sure michael wouldn't like that. i'm sure i'm younger than most of you and its a shame i have to tell some of you to grow up and let go of the hate, its not healthy

Last edited:
I fail to see anything wrong with Lionel said. He didn't bash or insult Michael. I am also glad that Paris and his daughter have become friends.

It's strange to see even a positive speech like that could get such negative reactions here. I know Michael has been betrayed by many so called friends but not everybody is/was an enemy of Michael. Some people genuinely liked him/loved him, (still contiune to love him) and stood by him. It seems like Lionel is one of them.

i have to say some of you are VERY judgemental and quite ignorant in your answers. Lionel said NOTHING wrong but still some people still manage to bash and insult him Its sounds very familiar to what the world did to michael and not fair, you know how much it hurt michael, so don't do it to anyone else. In memory of Michael and what he stood for all this hate, and i will say its hate from some of you, is VERY ugly and i know for sure michael wouldn't like that. i'm sure i'm younger than most of you and its a shame i have to tell some of you to grow up and let go of the hate, its not healthy

Well said. Thank you! I also am bewildered by some of the fans of Michael. They are so sensitive when it comes to MJ and so insensitive about others. They would get furious if someone mocked MJ's looks or behavior and point out how ugly and inhuman this is and at the same time make fun of everyone and bash everyone!!!!!!!!! If you don't want it on yourself and those whom you love, don't do it to others!

Last edited:
Well said. Thank you! I also am bewildered by some of the fans of Michael. They are so sensitive when it comes to MJ and so insensitive about others. They would get furious if someone mocked MJ's looks or behavior and point out how ugly and inhuman this is and at the same time make fun of everyone and bash everyone!!!!!!!!! If you don't want it on yourself and those whom you love, don't do it to others!

Amen to that!
I'm happy for Paris that she and Sophie are friends, she can really use a friend, especially now.
I believe the pill thing was a general reference and not to be taken literally. The point he was trying to make is that the people around MJ should have done something or showed they cared in whatever way when he was alive. It is about making a difference when MJ was alive.

i don't know,if you look at his older daughter...Michael wants his kids not spoiled and just having a normal childhood!

I don't understand... Lionel said NOTHING wrong?? :huh:
Why some people repeatedly attack and judge every single thing without giving it much thought first? MJ fans should know better than that... it's just sad...

Anyway, I'm glad Paris has a new friend! We have the same name too, Sophia! lol

froggytuff......likes this idea........

Paris bff Sophia....................cool

There'll be more friends and more memories to come, sweet girls.......

thank u

try reading the whole thing before u complain

i don't know,if you look at his older daughter...Michael wants his kids not spoiled and just having a normal childhood!
nicole had to learn her lesson. u can be told but u'll never know until u experience urself. she is now a great mother and has two beautiful children.

in fact, in a show of solidarity to her father, she complained that brenda(his ex) was so spoiled and required so much money for nothing. she said she didnt wan ther sister growingup likethat. so nicole isn't spoiled. she works for her money

I kinda agree with you. I feel like Sophia is growing up too fast. She's always hanging out with her sister and her sister's friends, she attends fancy events.. and she's just 10-11 years old. She should be home, playing. I'm just saying.. I hope I'm wrong though.

miss alxc that event sophia was attending was an event for her dad, nicole also went.. and of course shes gonna hang out with her sister.. come on.

sophia looks like a lovely girl

I love Lionel...My mom made me a fan (since I was a wee youngin) and I'm apart of one of his fan clubs. He sincerely mourns MJ.

I took the pill comment as a generalization too. I think that some times people love to just fight/argue for something...That can either be a good thing or a bad thing.

Honestly, Lionel has been thru the ringer himself in his personal life and media-wise and he gives a lot of good advice out, especially to his children. I can't see him being intentionally malicious. He's genuinely a sweet guy.

Lionel seems like one of the very rare decent people left in show business. He just seems down to earth and loyal, that's the impression I get.

Back