Merged: A message from one of Michael's techs on TII

dirtydiana27

Proud Member
This message was posted on another forum that I belong to yesterday.

"Hi,

My name is jhon. I will spare a second name as i do not want any lawsuits brought against me by AEG or any company affiliated with them.

I worked as part of the technical team on Michaels This is it production.

Firstly let me just say, Michael was a good man, i bare him no ill will or malice, but the reason for this posting is for a few simple reasons--I am publicly not permitted to talk about any aspect of the this is it production. Everyone who worked on that has been told not to give any kind of public statement, only officials or people who are granted permission by AEG are allowed to discuss publicly about the production. People who are allowed are the obvious ones, such as directors(Kenny etc.) Dancers, a few people from production(set, costume designers), musical director etc, the dancers etc...

Understand this...everything that is being said by these people has been vetted and checked. They are told which details to reveal.

MY main anger and point of this article is 3 main things, that i witnessed but did not see in the dvd movie(that my nephew purchased)

1. Many of the vocals used in this is it movie are not the vocals i heard. Please hear me out.
I heard Michael sing ALL of his songs without playback, in the rehearsals we NEVER USE PLAYBACK. When i was younger and starting out i got a job on Michaels earlier tour in 1991. I worked as a junior in productions, and i witnessed 2 rehearsal sessions.--there was no playback, even though when he had taken the show out of rehearsals and onto the road there was a playback. I am sure you can find rehearsals from an earlier tour on the INTERNET--just look into it-he never uses playback on rehearsals-it is pointless because there is no audience .
Basically from my experience with Michael, he never uses playback in rehearsals.--it is a waste, as there is no audience.

I am unhappy that Kenny did not show Michaels real voice on a few songs.

2. My second problem is that some performances from Michael has been left out. He turned up for around 3 rehearsals a week, out of a 6 day week. And in the end had done around 4 full rehearsals before june 25th.

How it worked was like this---Michael spent time learning the moves with his choreographer, and would come in and rehearse with the dancers on average 1-2 times a week, the 3rd day when he was at rehersals he looked into productions and had costume fittings etc.. When Michael was absent there would be a double, just to step in(so the dancers could rehearse). I blatantly saw this double in the movie, in the Smooth criminal performance. You see, that background(with the towers and building)was fully completed after his death. Any footage of him in-front of those building in smooth criminal is not him, HOWEVER IT IS MICHAEL WHEN THE BACKGROUND IS WHITE. That particular scene was confusing, as they mixed the 2 footages together-the footage of the buildings is used with a Michael step in( a double), and when he is in-front of a white screen that is him.-confusing but watch that scene again and you will know what i mean.--it is him when he says POW and he is in front of a WHITE screen, BUT IT IS THE DOUBLE WHEN HE IS IN-FRONT OF A 3D BACKGROUND OF BUILDINGS.

Other performances that, after researching it, has been denied. MICHAEL did perform dirty Diana--it was a masterpiece.---granted Michael did not sound all that good, it was only rehearsal.--he did it twice. The set up was excellent.---why AEG are denying it had taken place i do not know.

We are the world was also performed, and heal the world and a few others.

iNFACT IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH ON THE INTERNET YOU WILL FIND FANS THAT HAVE RECORDED HIM PERFORMING DIRTY DIANA(ON THERE PHONES OUTSIDE STAPLE CENTRE), BUT KENNY HAS DENIED THAT HE PERFORMED IT.

I just wanted to let you guys, the real fans, that there is the real footage out there somewhere and one day you will hopefully get to see it.

3. MY third problem with the movie is it did not address the health concerns that we all saw. Not the thinness, Michael, if my memory serves me well has always been thin-this was not a problem. The problems that i saw, was basically Michael had some problem with his feet. After his rehearsal with the dancers, he would usually be in a great deal of pain, from his feet. I don't know if any one can shed some light on this, but someone on set said his skin on his feel tears easily and has become very sensitive-after years of putting them to use i guessed-this is why Michaels dancers were going to do a large number of the heavy routines, with Michael only participating in a few dance routines(such as beat it the way you make me feel), the rest of the time he would be just walking around stage, filling the room with his presence

He was also in great pain from his back. Although this is not in the movie, but on days that Michael was not there randy, don't know his second name but from my understanding at the time, he was the man who was funding this elaborate show, randy was always talking to Kenny about Michaels and his worries about him not completing 50. Randy and Kenny were talking a lot, and made alot of plans in-case his health fails, Randy also hired a doctor for Michael.

Kenny, as instructed by Randy, always made sure the camera's were rolling on the days mj turned up for rehearsals, although he denies this, but these film footages were made as a guarantee, that if something happened he would have something get his investment back on. I don't know if you fans know this, or whether it is common knowledge or not, but Kenny and Randy are cousins(i think distant)

In fact we were all told that if we saw Michael and his entourage we were to send word to Kenny immediately so as he could instruct the camera men to film.

Well i have said my peace...

My message to Michael----Michael you were being subjected to games and spin for most of the latter years of your life, i don't know if you were aware of it, but it continued until the day you died....i hope you have finally found the rest that you deserve.

I have given this page of my final words on the issue of Michael to a friend, who will find the best place to place this piece of writing.

I hope it gives all who read an insight.

Eternal peace and god bless you all."

Re: A message from one of Michael's techs on TII

Thank you so much for posting this. Very interesting. Bless you.

I don't believe it.

I really don't know what to think of this....But thanks for sharing!

Hi,
Why you can't believe it mjlover?... :scratch:
Where's the truth? we all just don't know it at all...

Mmm...i don't know...where do you get this? (what forum)

He's right that some of the songs have been dubbed but that's obvious. You don't have to be an insider to know that. It's just blatantly obvious from watching the film.

But the thing about the white screen - it looks to me like the dancing in front of the white screen was just transposed onto the skyline background. I think it's the same thing but they've edited the skyline in like a greenscreen.

The recordings of MJ rehearsing Dirty Diana were before the stage concept was put together - just a run though, I think, without all the aerialists and the bed etc.

If the footage was always intended as a back up then they would have taken more care when filming it - used more cameras and better quality. The story that the footage was always intended as a back-up doesn't make sense because it didn't even belong to AEG. It was filmed for MJ's archive - I remember reading about AEG asking MJ's team for the footage in the days after he died.

If AEG intended the footage as a back-up then they would have had it filmed by their own people. It was filmed for MJ, not AEG.

yea Thanks for sharing... Really wanted to know that since it is mostly common sense stuff.

i love Michael and what we see is what we get. If you want to complain about it do it to the right people. MAKE them see that we want ALL Michael and not just a little or a double. I understand why he had the double but to me its pointless to put the double in the movie. I suggest we write to AEG and Kenny O and see why this has happened. Leave out the name of the source of course but let them know we know their secret.

The feet and back pain are believable, I think. Feet problems are like a professional illness for dancers, so it would not be surprising. And we all know about the bridge accident and his back injury. Poor Michael.

Wow i am in tears dont know what to think,to read the words the skin on michaels feet use to tear omg :cry:,all i can say if it hadnt been for this concert things would be so differernt........ thankyou for posting this :cry: xoxo

Why would someone who worked with / for MJ for a short time, lie???

Well the thing with the skin tearing on his feet is called "dancers feet" at least I think that is what that ex sony exec. said it was. I don't know the exact name of it but yes Michael had that. The ex Sony exec in that long interview said that Michael suffered greatly from this. He said at times it would even hurt for Michael to walk because of the skin tearing on his feet. That could be a reason that on occasion we saw Michael in wheel chairs? He said it was like having a whole lot of paper cuts on your feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTrGv8kwWoE There is the interview. I can't remember what "part" it is on.

edit: and the people involved with "this is it" are under contract. So if they say anything about it to the media, they can't say anything "negative" it all has it be "positive."

We don't know that they did work with MJ because they won't tell us their name.

ok. i respect that but perhaps he doesn't want to be 'publicized ' ; he/she can still remain announamous (spelling)

wow this made me sad .. :( ..

What the hell is he going on about with smooth criminal. The city is him in the run through with the white background digitally imposed onto a skyline for the vignette, its so bloody obvious........... to me this is a load of crap........... everything he is saying is so unbelievably obvious its hardly a revelation. I think we all know michael and im 100% sure no double was used at any point in the film. I highly doubt he is genuine

also look at that end dance in billie jean. The upper body moves he is doing put great pressure on the spinal chord and the upper body muscles, just try do them yourself and you will feel it. There is no way he would be able to do them or even risk doing them if he had persitent back problems. He had them in 2001 for MSG and the dancing he did was rarely upper body intensive there.

I'm not a huge fan of Karen's like others are, but I do like to read some of the things she has to say. Someone posted this on her FB and she said most of it is false, but there are some true statements. It's already been said in IU, the Dirty Diana on the internet, was not recorded at Staples Center.

also look at that end dance in billie jean. The upper body moves he is doing put great pressure on the spinal chord and the upper body muscles, just try do them yourself and you will feel it. There is no way he would be able to do them or even risk doing them if he had persitent back problems. He had them in 2001 for MSG and the dancing he did was rarely upper body intensive there.
^^^ I am NOT trying to imply anything about Michael, but my friend who is a professional dancer said that when you are performing onstage you forget about your pain and discomfort and just give yourself to the performance completely not feeling any pain at all. And it hits you later when you are done and resting. Again, not about MJ, but some insight from a professional flamenco dancer.

^^^ I am NOT trying to imply anything about Michael, but my friend who is a professional dancer said that when you are performing onstage you forget about your pain and discomfort and just give yourself to the performance completely not feeling any pain at all. And it hits you later when you are done and resting. Again, not about MJ, but some insight from a professional flamenco dancer.

yes, but the kind of problems he is implying here sounds incredibly serious, michael could risk damaging his spine or getting paralysis if its that bad, and why the hell would he do that

Well the thing with the skin tearing on his feet is called "dancers feet" at least I think that is what that ex sony exec. said it was. I don't know the exact name of it but yes Michael had that. The ex Sony exec in that long interview said that Michael suffered greatly from this. He said at times it would even hurt for Michael to walk because of the skin tearing on his feet. That could be a reason that on occasion we saw Michael in wheel chairs? He said it was like having a whole lot of paper cuts on your feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTrGv8kwWoE There is the interview. I can't remember what "part" it is on.

edit: and the people involved with "this is it" are under contract. So if they say anything about it to the media, they can't say anything "negative" it all has it be "positive."
I wonder why none of this stuff about MJ's feet is mentioned in the autopsy report?

Dont believe this for a second tbh! It just seems like someone trying to rile everyone up...... Anyone could have posted this anyone, I could have if i wanted to, pretending to be someone i am not is not hard to do on the Internet!

Is it a coincidence that this story is posted now?
Maybe someone want an argument between fans, now when we need to stick together.
Suddenly I lost my words but perhaps it´s enough to say justice for Michael, and Murray.

I don't believe this shit... the man said he don't want to say his name... and he reveales details like this:
"When i was younger and starting out i got a job on Michaels earlier tour in 1991. I worked as a junior in productions, and i witnessed 2 rehearsal sessions.--there was no playback, even though when he had taken the show out of rehearsals and onto the road there was a playback. I am sure you can find rehearsals from an earlier tour on the INTERNET"
I even didn't read till the end, this is shit, don't believe it! :)

SAME HERE, al shit ;)

for all we know it could be nonsense or it could be the truth. it sounds like a fan trying to sound official to get his point across... its been done before and no doubt be done again

About why this person wont give us a full name(or a real name) is because they are under a contract and if they break that they'll be sued...Suing is the new Shopping in America...

And I dont want t believe it but I kinda do. You can call me a fool for believing this but in reality The information that is out there even about the rehearsals being videotaped for Michael's library Started with Kenny and Randy. So its kinda hard to believe anything because Mike is not here to say what was right or wrong...so yeah...

L.O.V.E.
Romi

This all seems a bit strange. And with the feet the autopsy report never mentioned anything wrong with his feet. The trouble is that a lot of false reports and statements have been made about Michael's health during TII rehersals its so sad to know what is true and what isn't.

Back