Michael and Mark Lester

I found this short video on youtube of an interview Mark Lester, the child star of "Oliver", talking about Michael.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=REXVYx9n1XA

Mark is one of Michael's best friends and has been only supportive of Michael, as far as I know. I thought I'd share it because Mark brings up some good points, he knows Michael very well, better then most anyone, since they've known eachother since they were teenagers, and I thought it would be something interesting and positive to talk about, especially since nothing else is going on.

Here also are some excerpted quotes from Mark on Michael from an article that the reporter who shall remain namless wrote. But he said some really nice things about Michael here. I'll also just write down excerpts which recap what Lester said, so you have it in context.

"He wanted to meet someone who had a similar background, a child star,"

The father of three girls and one boy told me he completely supports Jackson and believes him innocent of the charges of child molestation.

"One of their members (Nation of Islam) picked me up at the airport. And I did meet Leonard Muhammad briefly. But there was no sense of tension in the house. In fact, I've seen Michael at Neverland and in hotels with security, and I thought it was much more relaxed at this house." (the Beverly Hills mansion Michael rented during the trial)

Lester told me that Jackson is "angry. And he feels betrayed" by the family whom he took in. He said that while he was visiting, little mention was made of the charges pending against Jackson, and that the star had limited interest in the news accounts of his predicament.

"He's not cut off. He chooses not to watch it. He doesn't care what they say in the media. He says, America is a free country."

"I was completely shocked. (by the raid on Neveralnd in 03) I'd just been with Michael in Las Vegas in October." Last February, Lester met the boy at the center of the controversy at Neverland. "he and his family were just guests. There were a lot of kids, a lot of people staying there."

He (Lester) said that in all this time he has not questioned Jackson about his plastic surgery, but acknowledges that a skin disease has caused Jackson's sking color to change.

"His melanin is gone, and it's very painful for him to be in the sun. He has vast depigmentation. He takes medicine to fill in the blotches where he's turned white."

"We've been in there (Lester and his children at Neverland) and all through the house, eating ice cream and watching TV." But he says he wishes Jackson would not make his ideas about children sleeping in his bed public. "He needs someone to tell him to put a sock in his mouth. He can be his own worst enemy."

He said that Jackson understands the public criticism of the statements he's made, and "doesn't care" what people think.

"He can switch between being a 12-year-old and being a 45-year-old. He's told me that when he writes, he's like a 12-year-old. That's where he gets his inspiration. And he's always been that way, like a Peter Pan, since he was 15."

For New Year's Eve, the pair of friends watched TV after Jackson's three kids went to sleep. Lester said they too turned in before the midnight hour. "There was no one else around, said Lester, who left his wife and kids at home for this visit... Will Michael ever return to Neverland? "I think he will eventually," said Lester, who gave up show business and is an osteopath outside of London. "But he doesn't miss it right now. He feels like he's been violated."

Last edited:
mark lester is alright. i'm very glad hes been such a good friend to michael all these years. good for him. i dont agree though with this quote of his "He needs someone to tell him to put a sock in his mouth. He can be his own worst enemy." michael should always be honest and speak from his heart and never give a rats ass about what ppl think and say. screw them

The background music is so annoying and distracting. I could barely listen to Mark Lester

Last edited:
Well he did say Michael doesn't care what people think, and that's part of what is so amazing about Michael. That even though he knows how people will precieve him and the things he says as strange, he doesn't care, and he doesn't care about how he'll be treated for it, because he puts the goal of teaching people his message and the importance of those things he holds ideal above even his own well being. He's a true warrior.

Mark seems like a good, honest guy. What he said about Michael needing someone to put a sock in his mouth is very true. Not a lot of people around Michael actually dare to tell him that or they deliberately don't tell him.

Glad Michael has a friend that truly cares.

Well he did say Michael doesn't care what people think, and that's part of what is so amazing about Michael. That even though he knows how people will precieve him and the things he says as strange, he doesn't care, and he doesn't care about how he'll be treated for it, because he puts the goal of teaching people his message and the importance of those things he holds ideal above even his own well being. He's a true warrior.

i believe he does so because hes just an honest guy who always speaks from his heart and hates to pretend to be someone whos not. not because he cares about changing the society's views about certain subjects. i believe hes just is who he is and doesnt like hiding behind his little finger. thats all. his well being doesnt get affected by what others think and say about him unless he pays attention to them which he doesnt thankfully.

Mark seems like a good, honest guy. What he said about Michael needing someone to put a sock in his mouth is very true. Not a lot of people around Michael actually dare to tell him that or they deliberately don't tell him.

Glad Michael has a friend that truly cares.

Mark spent more than 25 years around Mj so why didn't he tell him himself:)

he probably has. it was a figure of speech. mark was on the alan titchmarsh show a couple of months back talking about oliver and mj got brought up at the end.was a nice couple of mins talking about mj. theres a thread on here about it somewhere

I don't think mj is setting out to save the world when he speaks. I think he is just being himself. Any other person would have been ignored but the media deliberately blow up whatever MJ says even when it is clear what he means. The fact is that anything anyone says can be twisted and used against them if people so incline to do, so nothing MJ says would have made any difference when people are trying to hurt him.
MJ claearly qualifies what he meant in his interview yet the media edited it out and show the public a different story. MJ must speak what is in his heart and if he doesn't he will write it in his song. It is his point of view. Unfortunately, because of his unique position, anything he says is recorded and broadcast so that the whoe world hear what he has to say.

Well I think very much that Michael want's people to better understand the value of the family unit, the value of a child's perspective and the value of caring for others other then oneself. I think he speaks about these things because, yes he's being himself, but also because he isn't going to hide his idelas or views just because society tells him they're wrong and he wants people to know that. That's why, even still, though more hesitent, he speaks about such subjects. As corny as it sounds, I think Michael very much wants to make the world a better place, it isn't just some line he throws out there, and I believe he hopes for people to understand what it is he means when he says the things he does and that they will see the truth in those things and adopt them someday.

Last edited:
After being accused of sexual molestation once, it was unwise of MJ to let children stay in his bed room at all, let alone talk about it to the media. Even T-Mez said that Michael would not put himself in such a vulnerable position ever again. I hope he never does. In my humble opinion, Michael would do himself a favour by speaking more openly about some things, such as his vitiligo, and less about others, such as loving children.

If Michael doesn't speak about the children who will? The children who slept in MJ's bedroom were family and friends children. They were there with their parents and had their parents permission. Every family that comes to your house sleeps in you bedroom, that is how it is for everybody. Why should it be any different for MJ. They were staying at his place. There was no where else for them to stay Unless he sent them to sleep in the huts which were miles away from the main house and put them at risk., They were children, It should not have entered the adults mind that they were sexual beings to be interfered with. That should not have been entertained in the minds of adults. When we make our children sexual animals we put them in grave danger to a point where they are no longer children..

i believe Michael 100% done the right thing by being honest about it all. and what a brave human being for doing so. imagine if he hesitated for the sake of people's possible misinterpretation and misunderstanding by denying it or never mentioning it and then you get those kids growing up saying "yes, i slept in his bedroom even though nothing happened" - imagine how people will read into that. they'd stop them to press it before the last 4 words.

but he knows that history will be the judge, and i commend him for what he's done even amongst the anguish it brought him that none of us here can imagine. i know it's extremely audacious of me to say, but i hope he has no regrets.

After being accused of sexual molestation once, it was unwise of MJ to let children stay in his bed room at all, let alone talk about it to the media. Even T-Mez said that Michael would not put himself in such a vulnerable position ever again. I hope he never does. In my humble opinion, Michael would do himself a favour by speaking more openly about some things, such as his vitiligo, and less about others, such as loving children.

Aaaahhhhh.....the voice of reason. And I know you love Michael.....just like I do.

i believe Michael 100% done the right thing by being honest about it all. and what a brave human being for doing so. imagine if he hesitated for the sake of people's possible misinterpretation and misunderstanding by denying it or never mentioning it and then you get those kids growing up saying "yes, i slept in his bedroom even though nothing happened" - imagine how people will read into that. they'd stop them to press it before the last 4 words.

but he knows that history will be the judge, and i commend him for what he's done even amongst the anguish it brought him that none of us here can imagine. i know it's extremely audacious of me to say, but i hope he has no regrets.
Me too. It will be a sad day when we stop loving children and looking out for the poor and afflicted because some perverted and sick soul want to do otherwise. I would have thought very little of MJ had a sick and dying boy's last wish was to sleep in his bed and he said NO.To goive up is to be defeated.

huh? vitiligo is a skin condition that hes had and its nobodys business but his.
hes already mentioned that hes had it many times. he doesnt need to do it anymore.
one would be more than enough actually.
and whats wrong about talking about how much he loves kids and such ? its part of who he is. its where his heart has always been and will forever be.

Thanks for posting this because you know what I got from it?

Michael has some pretty terrific and loyal friends who seem to know his heart and soul. Everyone needs such. It's great that he has those friends who can see him through the good and the bad and who knows when sometimes all that is needed is the friend's presence--not advice or questions about a troubling time. This goes to show how Michael is truly blessed.

Last edited:

Exactly. That's what makes Michael such an extraordinary human being. His willingness to not let go of how he knows things should be even when threatened, either litterally or metophorically. He's a strong person who stands by his views and ideals and isn't afraid to speak on them. It is people like Michael who have very much had a real change in the world and in people's lives and it is people who are too afraid to speak up or to act or do as they know to be right who are part of the problem.

Back