Michael in Ireland [ Merged ]

Emerald

Proud Member
Let's discuss everything about Michael and his trips to Ireland in this thread. So glad he got peace here.

I found some cute videos on YouTube :)

I have never seen the show these clips are from. It's from English TV. I love the bit about the place where Michael stayed in Co. Cork. And the bowling alley! Just to note, none of these images were ever released before Michael died.

"Moonwalking in the moonlight"....... :heart:

Last edited:
Re: Michael in Ireland

That was nice, i love the way we didn't hassle him, he was allowed to have a bit of peace here. Oh and that Ian Halpernin is a lying scumbag.

What did Ian Halperin say, Gottobethere?

The second Video made me cry :cry: I am not sure why and i had seen it before, i think to have that image of him dancing under the stars and moon got to me a lot!!

So happy to hear he had such a nice time there :heart:

I'm not patriotic AT ALL, but this kinda makes me proud to be from Ireland, lol.
I'm so glad he felt at peace there.
The guy saying "if Michael had moved to Ireland, he'd still be breathing now" made me cry.
This is just outside the town my dad is from, and I never knew he was there.....

I'm not patriotic AT ALL, but this kinda makes me proud to be from Ireland, lol.
I'm so glad he felt at peace there.
The guy saying "if Michael had moved to Ireland, he'd still be breathing now" made me cry.
This is just outside the town my dad is from, and I never knew he was there.....

That guy is a lying scumbag, who said in his book that Michael was gay and used to dress up like a woman to pick up guys.

Why are you not patriotic, we Irish are the best,

Here's an RTE news report from June 26th..:(

The puppet theatre story is just so lovely. Eugene Lambert is adorable "I found him to be such a charming person" He seems sad :( They had sweets and lemonade for Michael and the children. AWW. :(

Last edited:

Thank you Emerald. Its so heartbreaking. But also wonderful to hear that there were moments when he had peace, love, and normalcy.

Halprin though makes me want to through my laptop.

:hug:

You're welcome my dear. :huggy:
I didn't know that was Ian Halperin! Should I delete that video? Or put a warning next to it?
WARNING: Ireland does not endorse Ian Halperin or his views!
I didn't even know who the man was!

You're welcome my dear. :huggy:
I didn't know that was Ian Halperin! Should I delete that video? Or put a warning next to it?
WARNING: Ireland does not endorse Ian Halperin or his views!
I didn't even know who the man was!

No... don't worry about it. We can focus on what's more important! MICHAEL.

That guy is a lying scumbag, who said in his book that Michael was gay and used to dress up like a woman to pick up guys.

Why are you not patriotic, we Irish are the best,

Oh that was him? Good to know.

LOL I've nothing against Ireland, I just have issues with the idea of patriotism in general...there's nothing wrong with embracing your cultural identity, but I think patriotism causes divisions...just my opinion ;)

Oh and thanks to the person who shared the RTE news vid....I wasn't in Ireland at the time so didn't see it.

Oh that was him? Good to know.

LOL I've nothing against Ireland, I just have issues with the idea of patriotism in general...there's nothing wrong with embracing your cultural identity, but I think patriotism causes divisions...just my opinion ;)

Oh and thanks to the person who shared the RTE news vid....I wasn't in Ireland at the time so didn't see it.

No bother, i see your settling into Texas that must be a bit mad it's a fairly big place.

No bother, i see your settling into Texas that must be a bit mad it's a fairly big place.

lol yesss....I still can't get my head around the idea that you could drive for 12 hours and still be in the same STATE! But I live in Austin, which is not big at all actually, even though it's the capital...maybe about the size of Dublin :)

Ian will have to rot in hell for what he is doing to people on earth.

does anyone have any photos of the concerts michael played here in dublin in 1992 and 1997 in any quality. i was at these shows and would love to see any photos please

does anyone have any photos of the concerts michael played here in dublin in 1992 and 1997 in any quality. i was at these shows and would love to see any photos please

Me too. I was in the front row for the RDS gig, and to the side of the stands at Landsdowne

I actually have a video of 97, it's not great quality because it was just somebody in the crowd recording but it's still great to have it. I could copy it onto Dvd I THINK.

Aww wow, cool guys. I'd love to see anything ye have from the concerts. I was only 4 in '92 and 10 in '97 so I gots nothing!

Aww wow, cool guys. I'd love to see anything ye have from the concerts. I was only 4 in '92 and 10 in '97 so I gots nothing!

I only seen him in 97 but it was the business.I wasn't even a fan at the time i just wanted to see him but once sream( his first song) was over i was a huge fan. I have a VHS/dvd recorder so i should be able to transfer it.

I only seen him in 97 but it was the business.I wasn't even a fan at the time i just wanted to see him but once sream( his first song) was over i was a huge fan. I have a VHS/dvd recorder so i should be able to transfer it.

Oh that'd be class if you could. :) Don't go to too much bother though!

Wonder if any of the fans here were at Jennifer's Batten concert @Whelans in Dublin last Tuesday.

I would have liked to go but i was working, did you go? i wouldn't know much of her solo stuff. Did she do any of Michael's songs.

Did anybody see the lidl magazine that you find in all the papers, the back page is huge add for TII which they will have for sale on the 19th. It's a good add, calling it an event that the music industry has never seen before.

Did anybody see the lidl magazine that you find in all the papers, the back page is huge add for TII which they will have for sale on the 19th. It's a good add, calling it an event that the music industry has never seen before.

Oh haven't seen it but I'm going to look for it now! Thanks!
Didn't know Lidl were going to sell TII!

Oh haven't seen it but I'm going to look for it now! Thanks!
Didn't know Lidl were going to sell TII!

It seems a bit strange alright, i didn't think they sold DVDs at all, it's the first add i've seen for it here so far.

I would have liked to go but i was working, did you go? i wouldn't know much of her solo stuff. Did she do any of Michael's songs.

Yes I was there and yes she did something she called Michael Jackson songs medley - played her guitar part on a few songs she played with Michael (APOM, Thriller, SC among them). And then at the very end of the night after everyone asked - she did Beat It solo. It really was amazing to see her doing that live... like so many times on the tours. I got to speak to her for a moment too ;)
I said 'thanks for the last solo' and she said 'well, I kinda screwed it up anyway' :p

I have both recorded so as soon as I get it off my camera it will be on yt.

Is this really Dublin? If so, what hotel is that that Michael was staying in?!
Amazing performance!!

Back