Michael Jackson drawings

staywild23

Premium Member
I actually like that idea! Objects and other things that represent Michael symbolizes him. I love the thought of sunflowers and elephants 🥰
Thanks! Do you have any other thoughts? Like other than sunflowers and elephants, any other images come to mind?

Last night I drew a peace dove for my brother for his birthday and I feel like it also reminds me of Michael...

MacMandy90

Premium Member
Thanks! Do you have any other thoughts? Like other than sunflowers and elephants, any other images come to mind?

Last night I drew a peace dove for my brother for his birthday and I feel like it also reminds me of Michael...

That is so beautiful! :love:

His favorite number was 7, I believe it was considered lucky to him...red was one of his favorite colors, maybe have some contrasts with red elements, some metallic colors like gold/silver perhaps? He loved Peter Pan, but his favorite was Tinkerbell lol

Lol getting my ideas and thoughts figured out here lol

staywild23

Premium Member
That is so beautiful! :love:

His favorite number was 7, I believe it was considered lucky to him...red was one of his favorite colors, maybe have some contrasts with red elements, some metallic colors like gold/silver perhaps? He loved Peter Pan, but his favorite was Tinkerbell lol

Lol getting my ideas and thoughts figured out here lol
Thank you so much! I was pretty proud of it. I am very new to pastels, so this has been a fun thing to explore!

These are all great ideas!! Thank you :) I love the idea of incorporating these things in a subtle way. Like, maybe 7 sunflowers, maybe an elephant colored with hues of red and gold? could be really cool!

MacMandy90

Premium Member
Thank you so much! I was pretty proud of it. I am very new to pastels, so this has been a fun thing to explore!

These are all great ideas!! Thank you :) I love the idea of incorporating these things in a subtle way. Like, maybe 7 sunflowers, maybe an elephant colored with hues of red and gold? could be really cool!
Pastels are fun to work with!

I love that idea! Now it's having me think of a piece to do!

staywild23

Premium Member
Pastels are fun to work with!

I love that idea! Now it's having me think of a piece to do!

aww you totally should!! Do you have any ideas?? Part of me still wants to do a portrait, but that's just because I want any excuse I can get to stare in his eyes for hours on end lol.

MacMandy90

Premium Member
aww you totally should!! Do you have any ideas?? Part of me still wants to do a portrait, but that's just because I want any excuse I can get to stare in his eyes for hours on end lol.
I love the portrait ideas don’t get me wrong lol, I think doing like a collage mural of things he loved and his mystique is a great idea. I’ve had thoughts of sunflowers, maybe a spin on the mask on the Dangerous album cover! 🤔

staywild23

Premium Member
I love the portrait ideas don’t get me wrong lol, I think doing like a collage mural of things he loved and his mystique is a great idea. I’ve had thoughts of sunflowers, maybe a spin on the mask on the Dangerous album cover! 🤔
OH yes! I absolutely have a goal of doing the Dangerous cover sometime! I started it once a long time ago and it was really hard (of course). But maybe some elements of it! It's amazing how complex that cover is. It's so gorgeous. I love the idea of some take on it :)

MacMandy90

Premium Member
OH yes! I absolutely have a goal of doing the Dangerous cover sometime! I started it once a long time ago and it was really hard (of course). But maybe some elements of it! It's amazing how complex that cover is. It's so gorgeous. I love the idea of some take on it :)
It’s so detailed it’s crazy! But beautiful of course, yeah definitely a fun spin on it in his honor :giggle:

staywild23

Premium Member

@AChanceToDance hope you don't mind me tagging you here! I mentioned in the chat last week that I was working on another MJ portrait and you said you'd like to see it when it's done :)

I actually finished this a day or so after that but forgot to post it. I basically just do these for me so I don't share them much. I included two photos of it though because I feel like I can't really capture the warmth and brightness of it. The colors in person are really bold and warm, but that's not clear to me in these. Oh well.

Anyway I hope it's obvious which picture this is inspired by! Haha it's not perfect by any means, but I am pretty happy with it (the critical voice in me wants to point out all its flaws but I'm intentionally holding back lol).

MacMandy90

Premium Member
@staywild23 Doll these are just gorgeous! 🥰 they really capture the warmth and the details, framing of him!

I know this is randomly off topic but it does relate to any drawings/sketches...I don't know why lately I've been thinking about tattoos...meaningful ones of course lol I just want to doodle something, I have ideas but come up with artist block :ROFLMAO: anywho hopefully I'll post another Michael portrait soon lol