Michael Jackson's Hair Set To Be Auctioned

KingMikeJ

Proud Member
Michael Jackson’s hair pulled from a drain expected to sell for more than $5,000 at auction

mj-580592052.jpg

A lock of Michael Jackson’s ‘hair’ is expected to sell for upwards of $5,000 after it was reportedly retrieved from a shower drain.

The hair is said to have belonged to the King of Pop, and was removed from the drain after he stayed at New York’s Carlyle Hotel.

It’s being offered for sale by auction house Gotta Have Rock and Roll as part of an online pop culture memorabilia sale.

Bids for the hair - which comes with a certificate of authenticity - start at $1,000 but it’s thought it could sell for upwards of $5,000

It comes after a previously unseen Michael Jackson documentary failed to sell at a London auction.

The film features footage of the singer's 'Dangerous' 1993 world tour, filmed in Argentina. It was expected to fetch £4 million on Saturday night (26th November).

Jackson gave a VHS copy of the scrapped film to his chauffeur, who wished to remain anonymous. The King Of Pop was said to be unhappy with the finished documentary, which is why it was never released, and he also sacked the crew who worked on it.

The driver said he had been given the tape as "a reward or a bonus" for his "transportation services" and leaked a very short clip of the film online in 2009 after Jackson's death, but was stopped by the singer's record label and lawyers who claimed exclusive rights to the film.

Since his death in 2009 a barrage of Jackson-related memorabilia has been sold at auction houses worldwide.

In June this year both the jacket he wore in his 1983 Thriller video and his famous white glove and fedora hat were sold.

On November 8th a pair of silk pyjamas and a bed he once slept in were sold in Ireland.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...000-at-auction-115875-23600278/#ixzz1fDO8wFV2

All that hair? prob fake how can they get a letter saying its mjs. got a dna test did they

How exactly could they have got a certificate of authenticity?

Just how low can people sink in their endless quest for money? They should feel ashamed.

That's horrible. Michael would be furious if he was alive and knew this stuff was happening, using his name to make tons of money. I'm disappointed in the people doing this.

Even if it's legit he wore wigs and extensions most of the time, so the chances of it being his real hair are even slimmer.

This is just wrong on so many levels. What's next? Auctioning away a used piece of chewing gum?

Anything
Anything
Anything for money
Would lie for you
Would die for you
Even sell my soul to the devil
You were right about that, Michael.

The probability of it being real or not is not the point ( I doubt it is and it cant be proven ) But the probability that some "demented person" went fising down the shower drain to retrieve it and is now selling it is discusting... and anyone who would buy it is also demented and discusting.

I dunno... some of you guys seem a bit uptight about this. Michael had a great sense of humour, and I suspect he probably would've found this rather amusing (although also a little creepy too).

It's the nature of the game when you're a deceased legendary icon. It happened to Marilyn, it happened to Elvis, why wouldn't it happen to MJ??

The first thing I did when I saw this thread was start laughing, like Oh.My.God. :blink: I agree with you MattyJam but...it is so crazy.

What? :wtf: Well, is it really Michael's hair? :lol:You know, the hair can be any person and would be very easy to fool people. :ph34r: Anyway, this is bizarre. :bugeyed I do not like this type of auction. :nono:

the probability that some "demented person" went fising down the shower drain to retrieve it and is now selling it is discusting... and anyone who would buy it is also demented and discusting.
I absolutely agree... but on second thought, it could have been worse. :D Imagine the scene, someone in the sewage waits to collect content of MJ's toilet.

Nothing surprises me anymore. It's sick. This isn't the first time though, remember when they were selling framed hair from the Pepsi burn incident for some GBP 150?

This hair is most probably not even his.

I'm disgusted!!!

I pray noone will buy this!!

I imagine that whoever buys this may have thoughts about selling this off a strand at a time, 'clothing swatch' style.

The only way anyone would be able to get DNA analysis done would be if the hair had been pulled out with the roots..AND if they had DNA from one or more close relatives to compare it with to prove the family link. I think a certificate of authencity in this case probably just means a 'sworn statement' about where they got it from...so not exactly a scientific authentication if so.

(And I agree this is in bad taste.)

Ref: ' This is just wrong on so many levels. What's next? Auctioning away a used piece of chewing gum?'

I seem to remember someone doing this ^ a couple of years or so ago.

I really don't understand. Why people want to keep his hair???
I can't believe people would go to the drain to collect this.... orz
This world is insane and they think MJ is crazy? huh?

disgusting ,when l see like this happen ,l really want to disappear from the net
The internet has no charm like TV.
too bad

Back