I always wonder why these people compare Beyoncé to Michael, instead of Janet. I know Michael is the standard for which every-man or woman- compared; however, comparing Bey to Janet or Madonna would make more sense, since they are all woman.
Beyonce is a huge artist, will eventually go down as a musical icon
. But Michael was the last of the living LEGENDS!
Beyonce was made.from the clothes of Michael Jackson, that's where her magic comes from.. He IS that magic in fullness.
That's where the connection is.. it is only when you've lived I'm the era where men and legends can live together to truly understand that.
The connection & comparison between MJ & Beyoncé comes from these main factors:
- MJ & Beyoncé emerged from groups (Jackson 5, Destiny’s Child)
- MJ & Beyoncé had their strict father as their manager in those groups (Joe Jackson, Mathew Knowles)
- MJ & Beyoncé are known for their singing, songwriting & dancing abilities
- MJ & Beyoncé have the same music genre, which is primarily pop
- MJ & Beyoncé created music that transcends all races
- MJ & Beyoncé have huge marketing machines behind them
- MJ & Beyoncé are known for their large-scale, theatrical performances
- MJ & Beyoncé created their own rules in music industry
- MJ & Beyoncé are two names known in every corner of the world
Despite these common elements, I have to say that this comparison between these two stars never made sense to me, because I consider MJ to be in a league of his own.