Michael's clothes in TII

Dudie

Proud Member
Overall I liked the clothes he did wear but there is one I'm like OMG no!! And that's the jacket with the patted shoulders. It just looked so ehh wierd. It was a bit to pointy to my liking..lol

What did you think about his clothes?

that's one of the Balmain jackets. some people would kill to be able to afford one! i think it was super cool. all the Balmain jackets he was wearing were amazing.

I loved the Balmain jackets, I dunno if I should buy a duplicate off Ebay... It's tempting seeing as they'll be hitting the highstreet stores pretty soon and everyone will be wearing fake ones.

I adored the gold glittery pants and that cropped jacket. They should have shown more of him in that. I hate the orange pants though lol.

i liked that hip hop style...jacket...and pants with 2 crowns i think!

I loved the Balmain jacket he was wearing in the clip of him and the musical director were discussing the way you make me feel (The all black one - look liked it had a matte finish lol)

I loved it too! I liked all the clothes, except the orange jeans for MJ. I don't think it matched him nor looked good.

Overall I liked the clothes he did wear but there is one I'm like OMG no!! And that's the jacket with the patted shoulders. It just looked so ehh wierd. It was a bit to pointy to my liking..lol

What did you think about his clothes?

Have to agree with you here, i really hated this jacket, it looked like a womans jacket and just showed how skinny he was.

I thought that the gold suite jacket he was wearing at the beginning was really really terrible.
Other than that things looked good.
As for the Balmain jacket I thought it made him look extremely slim and not in a good way :-(

i ionly liked the black he was wearing at the computer when he was pointing something out with kenny, here's the thing , these were not the clothes for the concert, so im not going to choose or judge, but i did like that blue satin lookin suit he was going to wear that's on youtube

I LOVE those Balmain jackets - they are so fierce.
Not really a fan of the baggy Ed Hardy stuff...:(

But still, he's MJ, he makes anything look good.

I almost cried at the "curls for my girls" t-shirt.

And the glittery gold pants were my FAVORITE. The cut on him was super flattering and I just love him in sparkly things, haha.

LOVED the outfit he wore for the "Who's Bad" drill too.

"Watching a great artist decide how to move doesn’t seem much more exciting than watching a waiter set a table: When’s dinner? That, of course, is the terrible punch line of this entire experience: This is it. So, instead, we devour even Jackson’s lassitude. It’s our last supper. (Besides, what waiter is going to serve you wearing a tuxedo jacket with one sequined lapel and shoulders that look like something from a Tim Burton movie?)" -Wesley Morris from The Boston Globe

Lol!

I didn't care too much for the jacket with the pointy shoulders as I do agree with some posters, it really did showcase just how skinny he was. BUT! I was cool with all the other clothes. The blazer where he is pointing at the laptop with Kenny, to me, is classic Michael. Then again, sequins-are classic Michael and there was a ton of those! Love it!!

Does anyone remember when Janet (I forgot which magazine) talked of how much MJ loved glittery items and that the jacket from the Motown 25 performance of Billie Jean was really their mother's closet. Lol, awww!

The best was seeing him in GOLDEN SHIMMERING PANTS!! :yes: That outfit looked great, wish there was more footage of that.
I agree about the pointy shoulder jacket thing, it made him look very skinny.. :(
I liked the Ed Hardy joggers, that were clearly too big for him....so cute in those :wub:
Anyhow, I saw the actual coustumes that Michael was going to be wearing for the concerts and let's just say, we wouldn't be able to pick holes in that wardrobe!! Truly phenomenal, extravagent, beautiful and incredible costumes....not to mention his SHOES... *sigh* if only......

It's all L.:wub:V.E

This balmain jacket with high shoulders or epaulettes were soooo no Michael! He shouldn't have worn that awful jacket. It's not because it's Balmain that it is beautiful, sorry.

Costumes from the tour...

tumblr_ksatntg3ld1qa26dno1_500.jpg

tumblr_ksau5ljPb41qa26dno1_500.jpg

tumblr_ksaui5isfA1qa26dno1_500.jpg

OMFG AMAZING.

Hi at all,

I don't know I'm generally very open minded, to me it does not matter much what clothes people wear as long as it’s clean etc. but I did find it very strange for MJ to wear women’s clothes. I though, very few looked good on him. I also found the gold sparkly pants "odd" they looked like somebody gave it him to ware because he did not have anything to wear (to big). Also, this big shiny jacket - I did not like it, it was too big on him. The Balaman jackets - might be a good design for women most of them to small for MJ. The red leather jacket, I don't know, look at the sleeves, way to short and tight....

Why do you think he dressed that way? I mean, supposedly he had stylists helping him dress.... I can not believe that this is new trend or taste. I mean, also thinking that he was not too keen on cross-dressing.

What I also wonder about, I find there are quite a lot of costumes he had to ware for the concerts. Basically, for every song a new costume, I mean, looking at all is past concerts, he never did it that way. He changed pants once everything else he changed while on stage… I imagine changing after every song very stressful for him, annoying for the audience… ? No?

Mhhh… not really sure what to make out of this all.

I'm really interest to hear your thoughts on this.

I wasn't crazy about the point shoulder jacket myself, but i did love the gray suit and red shirt underneath with his curly hair in a pony tail. That just looked sharp! And you really get to see his eyes and it just brought me back to Michael land.

What is balmain clothing? Is it a label or a designer? Can you buy this stuff online anywhere?

michael bush says those clothes werent going to be worn during the tour bascially b.s from AEG so they could put them in the exibition. he said they are zaldi ones but werent being worn by mj

my favorite is that second jacket in the I'll be there performance MAN THAT JACKET makes him look like Dangerous era all the way

He looks just FABULOUS in that one, sexy, fit, strong...awwwww!

I actually really liked the outfit he wore with the Curls for my girls shirt, with the Ed Hardy pants and all. He looked comfortable, and straight badass when he did that dance for Threatened. :punk:

Last edited:
i love that pointy shoulder jacket it was hot!! i would have liked to seen him in that billie jean light jacket though :(

Back