Michaels scheduled Q Cover shot revealed.

big DB

Proud Member
15321110.jpg

The King :( RIP Michael

The decision to feature the star on the cover was taken three months ago and the issue was intended to mark the start of the Jackson's London concerts, the editor said.
Photographer John Wright, who snapped the cover image, said he was given just 90 seconds to take Jackson's picture but added that he had been struck by the singer's polite manner.
"I got a call saying Michael Jackson was in London and I could shoot him," said Mr Wright.
"I never thought for a second it would come off, so I was surprised when he did turn up at the office where we were doing the shoot.
"He looked exactly like you'd expect Michael Jackson to look: hair weave, military jacket, shades on inside.
"He was wearing a lot of make-up and he didn't have the healthiest skin that I've ever seen.
"He seemed fairly comfortable in front of the camera, though he wasn't jumping through hoops. I got a minute-and-a-half to shoot him, which is no time at all.
"My abiding memory is how polite he was - forgetting everything that's gone on, if you were his parents, you'd be proud of how you'd brought him up."
Q's editor-in-chief Paul Rees explained that uncanny timing had seen the edition go on sale just two days after the singer's untimely death.
"Work on this issue was completed a fortnight ago and it was printed shortly thereafter," he said.
"When news of Michael Jackson's death broke, it was already being distributed. As such, we have had no opportunity to change any of the editorial content within the issue.
"Such is the risk inherent in producing a monthly magazine - that events may overtake a story that you are committed to."
Mr Rees said that a feature about Jackson's Thriller album would stand as the magazine's tribute to the late star: "It remains a remarkable work by a truly remarkable pop star. We shall not see his like again."

Source: Skynews.com

Back