Michael's Unreleased Material [MERGED]

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
If I had to guess I'd sat that the Off The Wall sessions have the least amount of demo's from them. Given that Mike was still writing with his brothers and the time restraints on the album and the Destiny Tour. Anything good enough for release I imagine was released on Destiny, OTW or Triumph (with Sunset Driver being an exception) I really hope I'm wrong though

I have no idea admittedly just speculation on my part

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
The following unreleased songs were written and recorded by Michael Jackson between 1975-1979, and they were meant for inclusion on his ‘Off The Wall’ album:

Per usual, this isnÂ’t true.

Not only is there absolutely no evidence that any of the songs you named were “meant for inclusion” on Off the Wall, but some of them were written years before Michael and Quincy even met! Plus, to my understanding, Michael only submitted three songs during the Off the Wall sessions, all of which made the final track list. The Jacksons released three albums between 1975-78; in all likelihood these songs were meant for one of them.

Also, the rumor that Carole Bayer Sager co-wrote “Going to Rio” is just that—a rumor. I’ve yet to find any corroboration.

Off the Wall is one of the most confusing eras of MichaelÂ’s career when it comes to unreleased songs. The less incorrect and/or misleading info we get, the better.

Derek1984

Proud Member
Off The Wall era.. I know there's Iowa. Which I think is some sort of classical piece.

Fuzball

Proud Member
^that's a Gamble/Huff penned song.

Nevertheless, Michael's known for recycling lyrics from previous songs. Perhaps, ETYG was indeed an inspiration for it.

Derek1984

Proud Member
Somewhere in Time (1980)
Tomboy (1985)

Here's a coincidence I've found on these unreleased tracks... Both demos had movies with the same title from each year they were recorded.