MJ Jesse Jackson Interview 2005

eighthnoterojo

Proud Member
I've been enjoying this interview. Parts 1-6 are available at YT. Maybe there are some peeps here who haven't heard it yet, or who feel like hearing it right now lol

MJ's inspirations mentioned here: Diana Ross, Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Sammy Davis jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNOEk9OjNro

When he was little he would dance to the rhythm of the washing machine. Aw lol I wonder if there are people who remember watching him do that...

This was a good interview :)
I love listening to his voice
its so soothing :wub:

When he was little he would dance to the rhythm of the washing machine. Aw lol I wonder if there are people who remember watching him do that...

His mother wrote about that, actually.

That was a fantastic interview, one of Michael's best. It's still almost surreal how calm and composed Michael was in the midst of everything that was happening. He was able to still talk about his life and to even laugh, and to look at what was happening from a logical and collected stand point. He's a pretty incredible person. I know I wouldn't have even been able to think about giving interviews or being concerned with what people were thinking. But when you think about it, right at that point, Michael gave two very good, very candid interviews, and made himself available, even while he was being crucified. He almost defies logic. Talk about strong.

That was a fantastic interview, one of Michael's best. It's still almost surreal how calm and composed Michael was in the midst of everything that was happening. He was able to still talk about his life and to even laugh, and to look at what was happening from a logical and collected stand point. He's a pretty incredible person. I know I wouldn't have even been able to think about giving interviews or being concerned with what people were thinking. But when you think about it, right at that point, Michael gave two very good, very candid interviews, and made himself available, even while he was being crucified. He almost defies logic. Talk about strong.

:yes: ABSOLUTELY!!!

Can you imagine; you go to do your laundry, and little MJ is there to entertain you while you wait? Man, those peeps had it good. And then they even had bragging rights, afterwards. I wonder if he was doing James Brown moves at that point.

Yep; hard to fathom how cool and collected he sounds here, considering.

It was a great interview, took place on Easter Sunday 2005 in fact. Too bad he clearly couldn't say all that he wanted to because of the "gag order" that Sneddon would've cried to the judge about had Michael talked to any greater length about a lot of issues.

Last edited:

So true!!

It was a great interview, took place on Easter Sunday 2005 in fact. Too bad he clearly couldn't say all that he wanted to because of the "gag order" that Sneddon would've cried to the judge about had Michael talked to any greater length about a lot of issues.

I know, how lucky were they!!!

Thanks for posting this. That was a great interview and it was real and in depth. I loved what MJ had to say. I am with TSCM on wishing MJ could say more. Just imagine what he could have said.

I remember MJ getting a lot of flack from that interview because he was comparing himself to Jesus regarding how he was being treated at the time. It is funny that the media were mad at that comparision but were proving Michael's comparsion by just hating on him.

Oprah Winfrey took that interview and spun it to imply that MJ wasn't deserving of comparing his problems to Jack Johnson or Nelson Mandela. This is when I realised that that woman had become a tabloid. MJ was asked where he got his strenth and he said he got it by reading about the struggles of these black luminaries. Oprah tried to twist what he said and made it negative. I will never like that woman again.

Last edited:
Can someone please post the video clips...I can only find part 1, 2, and 3 ,thanks in advance.
Its interesting as these clips are during the trial and it would be even more interesting to hear an interview with Michael after the gags, media restrictions, sealed documents, special arrangement and protection orders are lifted. Most of these type of legalities actually were by the request of mj and his legal defense team and are still in effect today. I wonder when more of the truth of trial will come out? These legalities also have a huge impact as to when the album will come out and also as to when all the surprises and excitement will happen that MJ's music artists were talking about.

Back