MJ One Night Only HBO Special??

datblackboi08

Proud Member
I was just curious, like TII, we never got to see "One Night Only," because it never happened. I was wondering if there was any info on the setlist for that show...???

It was such a shame.

Childhood should have been performed.

i knew he was going to do childhood live.. acoustic..

wouldve been amazing..

why was it never rescheduled??

-Dal

Is there rehearsal footage from the special before it had to be canceled? Do you think there'll be any chance of it being released, if there is?

AndreyZidane™;3296511 said:
I read somewhere that Morphine was also on the setlist.

Morphine couldn't have been on the setlist, the HBO special was supposed to take place before Morphine was even written.

KingMikeJ;3296963 said:
When was this supposed to be and why was it cancelled?

It was supposed to be in 1995 (can't remember which month) and it got cancelled because Michael collapsed during rehearsals and had to be taken to hospital.

I so totally remember that time when he was suppose to do that. I remember it was December of 1995 when this happen. I was 15 years old at the time. Plus I happen to still have on taped a lot of the news coverage that was about that. But I remember being so upset over hearing what had happen to him. That I just totally forgotten about that show he was suppose to have done. But just like This Is It it still makes me wonder what could of been.

Yeah there must be some more rehearsals video, I have been thinking a lot about that. It was supposed to be very big, his first concert after the stupid things in 93. I am sure that we will se some videos in the future, it's just a question when...

Time flies by so fast.. I remember how excited I was over this and how scared I was when he was taken to hospital :(

At the door in exchange for your tickets you would have received this dog tag:

Here are the 2 commercials for the show:

Last edited:
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad when they canceled this...and looking back at those promos bring that anger back...

idk why but i am more mad about this one..and i am more sad about This Is It..

Yeah, I wonder why this show was never rescheduled. It's really too bad :no:

and thats ANOTHER reason why i am more mad about this subject...MJ NEVER rescheduled it..even when he got better and all that..I know he was going through things and all that..but that was the ONLY time that MJ let me down...:(

It's really too bad this show never actually took place.

The Beacon Theatre is one of my favorite NYC venues. It's a beautiful theatre (was renovated not long ago).

The biggest mistake MJ ever did was not to reschedule this show.

Would have been amazing.

I so totally remember that time when he was suppose to do that. I remember it was December of 1995 when this happen. I was 15 years old at the time. Plus I happen to still have on taped a lot of the news coverage that was about that. But I remember being so upset over hearing what had happen to him. That I just totally forgotten about that show he was suppose to have done. But just like This Is It it still makes me wonder what could of been.

I remember the collapse and reading Bravo magazine. My German was so bad, and I remember frustrating reading and reading this article over and over again, trying to make sense of it. I still remember flickering through the pages, to find the article, and trying to make it out, standing just outside the magazine shop. I was so devastated not understanding weather he had actualy died or if he was "just" hospitalized.

If one day rehersal footage of this concert would leak, that would diffinately make my day! just ike this is it - i am sure it would have been huge!

Morphine couldn't have been on the setlist, the HBO special was supposed to take place before Morphine was even written.

Yea? Do you know exactly when morphine was written thats why? Co's it could've already been, and what if Michael decided to choose this night to perform it, then released on BOTDF. Remember when Michaels in the studio he over-records songs. So Morphine could have just been unreleased at that time.

Yea? Do you know exactly when morphine was written thats why? Co's it could've already been, and what if Michael decided to choose this night to perform it, then released on BOTDF. Remember when Michaels in the studio he over-records songs. So Morphine could have just been unreleased at that time.

It's a fact that Morphine was written in 1994, but it was never on the setlist for HBO.

Most don't realise the HBO shows was actually going to be filmed over two nights and edited together to make ONE show for TV. Setlist was all of the HIStory album for one show and the the second show was to have some of MJ's favourite songs being sung live by MJ. Marcel Marceau confirmed in 1997 that Michael was supposed to sit in the courtyard scene singing Childhood live on a stool while Marcel was miming the lyrics to the song which included his famous walking in the wind routine.

Yeah, I wonder why this show was never rescheduled. It's really too bad :no:

I remember that time too... i remember he went to Paris with the Cascios soon after he left the hospital ..and the divorce happened.

He had a lot going on ...Sad that he never rescheduled it.

Marcel Marceau confirmed in 1997 that Michael was supposed to sit in the courtyard scene singing Childhood live on a stool while Marcel was miming the lyrics to the song which included his famous walking in the wind routine.

:bugeyed OMG OMG OMG :bugeyed

Yeah, I really wish we could have seen this happen. It would have been absolutely amazing and so different from MJ's other concerts/performances.

Back