MJ: The Genius of Michael Jackson By Steve Knopper

barbee0715

Proud Member
Well, he just singlehandedly destroyed his book sales. Just like Sullivan did with his own book tour interviews. No fan involvement needed.

Another book to avoid and to not support but I'd like to read reviews to know why such a sleazebag who is on the map when makes up crap about Michael. How do you celebrate him involving one of the most revolting creatures Michael had to deal with?

tricia70

Proud Member
It defies logic how these seemingly professional scribes who by their nature need to be good researchers to work on their respective books, cannot GET or understand the history of Michael Jackson. If they had any common sense at all they would interview the fans, or ppl such as Vogel or others that know the ins and outs of his life. If this guy would have done his proper and thorough research he would have NEVER had ANYTHING to do with Diamond. :beee:

barbee0715

Proud Member
I like the comment an author tweeted to him by saying "welcome to the club where we are judged by the failings of our predecessors."

Isn't that the truth? It would only take about 5 minutes of research to know what or who is tabloid trash if you weren't aware already.

HIStory

Proud Member
I guess the idea behind choices like this is that you have to include some negative to seem balanced and impartial. The problem is that in reality you do not achieve that by using one of MJ's most biased and obsessed haters as a "source" (especially for a book that is supposed to focus on his music). Anyone who has an idea about Dimond's shameful history with MJ would not touch her with a pole to ask her opinion for a book. I mean Dimond was sued by MJ for blatantly lying about him on her TV program and was only saved by the Shield Law and Sneddon. So why would she be considered an "expert" on anything MJ? Why should her opinion be in a book about MJ's music? Ugh, I'm still waiting to see how the full book turns out but this is very disappointing.

Also editors ask the authors to add some dirt in order to get their book published. I don't think that bitch Demon ever talked about Michael's music, did she? All the things I heard her talk about were bullshit her or others in the media made up or his private life. If I'm not mistaken, it means this author won't only talk about Michael's music.

TinnyandOdd

Proud Member
Well, he just singlehandedly destroyed his book sales.

When I heard "Rolling Stone" that was enough to boycott for me, but Diamond? Does he not realize that Michael Jackson fans are usually his sale audience? Welcome yet another leech who thought it a great idea to write a book and seems to have not cared about the truth.

Annita

Proud Member
Oh she talked about his music. I remember a Spiegel-documentation where she talked about the wonderful songs for example "We are the world" he wrote, she spoke about his hard childhood and the abuse he went through in his childhood. She seems to be emmpathic with MJ. She did this all in a manner that you have to think he had no chance, it was clear from his experiences he made he has to become a pedophile.

I didn't see that one but she's not a music critic, she's just a gossip and tabloid "writer". She had to insert her twisted and biased opinion even though it had nothing to do with Michael's work.

HIStory

Proud Member
Also editors ask the authors to add some dirt in order to get their book published.

Editors should realize that those times are over when writing trash about MJ sold books. Actually it never really sold books. It did sell tabloids, but not books. Ray Chandler's book was no bestseller, nor Diane Dimond's or Bob Jones' or Victor Gutierrez's, nor any of that crap. MJ books are bought mainly by fans and they won't buy something that trashes him and that is increasingly so since his death. When will editors learn this?

Oh she talked about his music. I remember a Spiegel-documentation where she talked about the wonderful songs for example "We are the world" he wrote, she spoke about his hard childhood and the abuse he went through in his childhood. She seems to be emmpathic with MJ. She did this all in a manner that you have to think he had no chance, it was clear from his experiences he made he has to become a pedophile.

Oh, haters like Dimond love to put on this act of "I love his music, but..." - only to seem more impartial for those who do not know them better. That does not make them music experts, nor is a good reason to put their opinion in a book that is supposed to be about his music.

Annita

Proud Member
Oh, haters like Dimond love to put on this act of "I love his music, but..." - only to seem more impartial for those who do not know them better. That does not make them music experts, nor is a good reason to put their opinion in a book that is supposed to be about his music.

Oh I did not say she is a music-expert or that she should be in this book or any book or documentation. Sure not. I only said she spoke about his music.

And I agree with this and this far more dangerous for a audience who did not have knowledge about her

only to seem more impartial for those who do not know them better.

barbee0715

Proud Member
Editors should realize that those times are over when writing trash about MJ sold books. Actually it never really sold books. It did sell tabloids, but not books.
Absolutely!! Editors thought the only reason we were interested in Michael was bc of the sensational or salacious and they were totally wrong.

I'd think it must have been a shock and an eye opener to witness that outpouring of sincere global grief and mourning, as it was for me personally.

For years I thought I was the only one out there who cared anything about him and this reaction was a shock. It opened a whole new world for me and I was grateful that Michael knew how much and how many people loved and adored and respected him. Unfortunately I don't think he knew the true magnitude.

You'd think writers and editors would wake up-that kind of reaction doesn't happen for a figure of ridicule or a criminal-it happens when someone is sincerely and deeply loved.

Bubs

Proud Member
The book is not finished yet, so he has time to remove any traces of Demon from the book if he wants any sales.
Demon Dimond and Michael Jackson doesn't fit inside to same book covers, and is instant put off, at least to me.

KOPV

Proud Member
As if having Rolling Stone and Diane Dimond on this wast enough to KNOW this isn't factual.. Literally the first sentence after listing the books credentials is..

"From the moment in 1965 when he first stepped on stage "

Already wrong, it was 1963..

So false facts at the first sentence... You lost me at "From"

smh lol

TinnyandOdd

Proud Member
As if having Rolling Stone and Diane Dimond on this wasn't enough to KNOW this isn't factual ... Literally the first sentence after listing the books credentials is ... "From the moment in 1965 when he first stepped on stage." Already wrong, it was 1963 ... So false facts at the first sentence ... You lost me at "From." SMH LOL

Bahahaha! For anyone still arguing in the Rolling Stones #34 topic, get over here and have a laugh with us ;)

morinen

Proud Member
Well, the book description is likely written by the publisher, not the author, so I wouldn't condemn the book just yet.

Although it is the kind of book where the author writes like he was there when he really wasn't. So I expect there will be a bit of Taraborrelli to it and assertions that are questionable ("Michael called him dumb.") It doesn't necessarily mean the book is bad.

8701girl

Proud Member
So he's gonna use diane dimbat on that book.....bwhahahaha! sorry buddy u just lost your chance of mj fans buying your book ......what a idiot he is

dewey

Proud Member
I'm still gonna read it even though it may be nauseating and painful. I do read every biography that comes out about him. Haven't found one that I absolutely love yet.

mjjmsc

Proud Member
RS, I'm skeptical about that, probably lots of SF info put in the book that wants to sound positive...

Bubs

Proud Member
I'm still gonna read it even though it may be nauseating and painful. I do read every biography that comes out about him. Haven't found one that I absolutely love yet.

Moonwalk by Michael Jackson:cheeky:

Would you write review of it after you are finished with it and I alsowant to know if DD is mentioned in it and why?

dewey

Proud Member
Of course, Moonwalk is lovely.

I will gladly write a review and post it here.

barbee0715

Proud Member
ALERT!!! My news feed just posted some stories taken from this book and published in NYDT.

It's all little boys this and little boys that and quoting Mtv being suspicious and quoting Terry George for God's sake. I couldn't even finish the article and I'm shaking so hard I can hardly write.

Another tabloid trash hit piece. Nobody buy the damn thing. Please.