music,the most honest part of Michael

mjjmsc

Proud Member
don't you think Michael is really honest in his music?the messages are full of truth.he can't say in interviews all that he is telling in songs.
i just love that he has so many songs in which he is so critical about human behaviours (sex,money,abuse of power..)his own acts or society...
he is really tought and explicit in songs like Superfly sister, Morphine, Money or D.S.
usually he is too polite and sweet,but in his music you can really see what he is thinking and were he is in that point of his life:punk:

True. Will You Be There is the most perfect example of it.

Music and dance is really the only outlit Michael's ever had to express himself and in those talents I think is the only place Michael's ever felt sure of himself. He's scared in interviews, afraid that people won't understand what he's saying or what he really means, that they'll misunderstand him, because usually they do. He said in an interview he gave to "Rolling Stone Magazine" back in 1983 that when he spoke his mind, it sounded strange to other people's ears, and he was right. He thinks differently and he's afraid of being scrutinized and belittled for it. But in his music is where he feels okay to speak his heart and mind and he does. From songs like "Billie Jean" and "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin" to "Dirty Diana", "Bad" and "Leave Me Alone", to "Who Is It", "Will You Be There" and "Heal The World", to "Stranger In Moscow", "Childhood", "Little Susie", "Earth Song", "They Don't Care About Us" and "This Time Around", all the way to "Morphine", "Is It Scary", "Ghosts", "The Lost Children" and "Speechless". Michael is absolutely honest in his art and that's the goal, like he says, to find the truth of a thing, to find its essence, whether that be of an emotion or a circumstance, and bring it out and make other people see it, know it and feel it.

Last edited:
Michael and his art... you can't separate those too
it's unity...
he is an artist and he speaks through his art..................

and I love his art

Back